IGNORED

Stewart And Johnson

KnowleUtd City

It is clear to me that due to Marcus's salary Johnson wants him off the payrole, which I can understand to an extent, however it seems to me that over the last 7-8 weeks he is leaving him out of the side to publicaly humilate him with the hope that if an offer comes in of sorts stewart will take it and leave. to only bring him on at colchester with 5 mins to go at 3-1 down is nothing short of embarrassing and the fact that Bas Savage is starting in his place is a complete joke. The games marcus has played for us (under tinnion) our midfield was a joke, but now it's a bit more balanced and settled he should get a run in the side, what more can he do than score on Tues only to be left on the bench again instead of Savage. I have to say watching Savage play for city makes me cringe when I think of some of the players we have to be proud of over the years. It's a joke. Johnson should be honest with marcus and not bottle the situation.

It is clear to me that due to Marcus's salary Johnson wants him off the payrole, which I can understand to an extent, however it seems to me that over the last 7-8 weeks he is leaving him out of the side to publicaly humilate him with the hope that if an offer comes in of sorts stewart will take it and leave. to only bring him on at colchester with 5 mins to go at 3-1 down is nothing short of embarrassing and the fact that Bas Savage is starting in his place is a complete joke. The games marcus has played for us (under tinnion) our midfield was a joke, but now it's a bit more balanced and settled he should get a run in the side, what more can he do than score on Tues only to be left on the bench again instead of Savage. I have to say watching Savage play for city makes me cringe when I think of some of the players we have to be proud of over the years. It's a joke. Johnson should be honest with marcus and not bottle the situation.

Well said Sir, totally agree with your comments, I sit in the Atyeo and the group around us can not understand why Savage is playing ahead of Stewart :@ :@ :@ :@

Beware the hoardes of Big Bas fans wading in about this - the fact is though opinion between supporters seems to be split - I am in the play Stewart camp

It's not that i'm a huge Stewart fan, but he's better than savage and no one can possibly argue that. Anyone who's happy with Bas Savage playing up front for our club should go and support someone else.

perhaps 'bottled it' is the wrong phrase, what i mean is the way he's treating Stewart at the moment is to make him leave.

Maybe he, as the manager, feels he is picking what he feels is his most effective line up and is not partaking in any childish games. I fail to see why he wouldnt pick MS if he thought he would win us matches. However its difficult to see how MS would win us games on the evidence so far this season. I'm neither pro nor anti MS but I can see that Bas's hold up play and attitude are different than MS's.

Stewart is a quality player, no doubt about it, but our team don't play his brand of football. If he doesn't get good service, he won't score will he? Unless of course he's meant to collect it from Basso, run the length of the pitch and slot it in the back of the net all on his own!

He has excellent movement, vision and distribution. Definitely a goal scorer, just don't think it's going to happen with us or that it's his fault. Moving up a league to a good team will repair that.

It's not that i'm a huge Stewart fan, but he's better than savage and no one can possibly argue that. Anyone who's happy with Bas Savage playing up front for our club should go and support someone else.

Alternatively they can behave like a true supporter and support the players whoever they may be, on the basis that they're performing for BCFC.

Why don't we all for one minute pretend that we don't know what Sterwart's done in his career before joining us?

Would you all honestly still be saying he's a quality player? As so far he hasn't impressed me at all.

He only has fans on here saying he should play because they know what he's done in the past, he's now past it, so stick with Bas who is doing well, or being a striker in.

Alternatively they can behave like a true supporter and support the players whoever they may be, on the basis that they're performing for BCFC.

So what is a true supporter? someone who sits there like a robot and is happy as long as it's wearing red. or someone who follows his team with a passion, and when he sees something which is not right says so. In this case Stewart will score goals, if he is given that faith to do that by the manager. At the end of the day we all want the same.

Beware the hoardes of Big Bas fans wading in about this - the fact is though opinion between supporters seems to be split - I am in the play Stewart camp

I don't want to get involved in player selection politics. However, remember that Marcus Stewart always seems to find time to encourage and talk to young City supporters from the touch line before away games. Marcus Stewart had his piccie taken with quite a few young lads before the Blackpool game, here's one of those piccies as proof........

IPB Image

Because he is so far ahead on thinking, so your saying he wont score goals like Savage?

This "so far ahead on thinking" argument is absolute pants. If Stewart has got such a fantastic football brain then surely he has got the intelligence to delay his runs by a split second to allow the other players to catch up with his thinking. Can anybody on this forum with an ounce of sense honestly tell me that if we signed Wayne Rooney on loan for the rest of the season he would get caught offside 20 times per game?

This "so far ahead on thinking" argument is absolute pants. If Stewart has got such a fantastic football brain then surely he has got the intelligence to delay his runs by a split second to allow the other players to catch up with his thinking. Can anybody on this forum with an ounce of sense honestly tell me that if we signed Wayne Rooney on loan for the rest of the season he would get caught offside 20 times per game?

If some of the players learnt to pass the ball to feet a bit quicker both forwards would benefit. You don't get picked for england for a lack of, thats why Stewart to good for us.

If some of the players learnt to pass the ball to feet a bit quicker both forwards would benefit. You don't get picked for england for a lack of, thats why Stewart to good for us.

But surely if you are a player in a side that does not possess the players with enough ability to see a pass early then you adapt your game to suit. That is what real class players would do.

There's no doubting that we've now got some good footballers in the side e.g. Murray, Noble, Stewart and Brooker. The afore mentioned players' qualities were noticed by a Blackpool supporter after the game who made a comment to me about us being a good footballing side !!!!! No doubt the quality in those players will shine through with Gary Johnson's guidance and get us a play-off place THIS SEASON - I have faith :shifty:

But surely if you are a player in a side that does not possess the players with enough ability to see a pass early then you adapt your game to suit. That is what real class players would do.

But these players who have the ability are the ones the younger or lesser player should learn from, but not given the chance because the manager cant cope ie,,Bridges. Sorry Greebo i'm a Stewart fan and not Bambi's

Marcus should be playing- the side is now gelling, much more solid and creating chances-mStewart would convert a greater proportion than Savage so start him!!!!!! :doh::doh:

Has anyone thought that perhaps the side is gelling, looking much more solid and creating chances because Marcus is not playing!

GJ has to make decisions that are best for the team. If that means leaving Marcus out then that is the right decision. As for Stewart leaving, since the poor start to the season I've felt that stewart was going to prove a luxury we can't afford. Put it this way, if Marcus was to leave and with the saving on the wage bill we could afford Hayter and perhaps another very good player ( say strong midfielder) would you still want Marcus to stay and play?

But these players who have the ability are the ones the younger or lesser player should learn from, but not given the chance because the manager cant cope ie,,Bridges. Sorry Greebo i'm a Stewart fan and not Bambi's

I'm with you Brianred, think of some of the forwards city have had over the years, (Taylor, Riley, Galley, goater etc) i'm gutted to see savage starting up front for us.

I honestly don't take sides over either player. I am a fan of the club, not individual players. I think that Johnson has been right to keep Savage in the side during the unbeaten run on the basis that it is the constant tinkering with the team that has cost us point after point already this season. I would not have been unhappy had Stewart started yesterday and he may well start next week. But I would still have Savage on the bench as he is the type of player who can offer something different should we be a goal down with 20 minutes to go. He can come on and mix things up a bit in a different way to the other forwards we have.

If Stewart does start next week I would have one message for him - cut out the badge kissing (did your agent tell you to do that?) and concentrate on getting a couple in the onion bag.

Stewart simply is not a player for this league! Get knocked off the ball to easy, doesnt hold it up! Is offside 9/10.

Also what happened to his quality and quantity of goals! He had his chance earlier in the season!

He is not the player he use to be!

Johnson does not pick him because he does not affect a game!

Savage however does, what ever way he does, deceptive and dangle! But he is improving the team!

I'm with you Brianred, think of some of the forwards city have had over the years, (Taylor, Riley, Galley, goater etc) i'm gutted to see savage starting up front for us.

I thought that Bas Savage did quite well yesterday and he did take a lot of pressure off Brooker. However when Bas Savage, on several occasions, got in a position to shoot with the ball played to his feet he literally couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Bas Savage never was and probably never will be a prolific goalscorer. 2 points wasted again methinks. :doh:

Has anyone thought that perhaps the side is gelling, looking much more solid and creating chances because Marcus is not playing!

GJ has to make decisions that are best for the team. If that means leaving Marcus out then that is the right decision. As for Stewart leaving, since the poor start to the season I've felt that stewart was going to prove a luxury we can't afford. Put it this way, if Marcus was to leave and with the saving on the wage bill we could afford Hayter and perhaps another very good player ( say strong midfielder) would you still want Marcus to stay and play?

GJ makes his decisions which you say are best for the team, we should be scoring twice as many as we are. As you pointed out Marcus is a luxury, but he is twice the player Savage is. So why not use that luxury while you are paying for it. Hayter might not like GJ way and not be the player we thought. Bridges is scoring, people say he's found his level, but Carlisle and ourselves are not that far apart. just another example of GJ decisions

GJ makes his decisions which you say are best for the team, we should be scoring twice as many as we are. As you pointed out Marcus is a luxury, but he is twice the player Savage is. So why not use that luxury while you are paying for it. Hayter might not like GJ way and not be the player we thought. Bridges is scoring, people say he's found his level, but Carlisle and ourselves are not that far apart. just another example of GJ decisions

Hayter might not like the GJ way!!! Don't you think that whilst negotiating a potential move to a new club the player might have enough sense to find out exactly what the GJ way is? And as for him not being the player we think, I would be very disappointed if City have not watched this player at least a half a dozen times before shelling out money for him. I would like to think that Johnson would know exactly what we are getting. As for Bridges, do you know the actual reason(s) Johnson got rid of him? I don't but as you are 100% certain that Johnson has "done a bad un'" perhaps you could tell me what's what.

I just think it's absolutely stupid that people can change their minds so quick,most people on here (and i mean MOST) have said bas deserves to play ahead off marcus.But imo marcus is a proven goal scorer and deserves a chance to justify why we are paying him such a great wage, i know so far he hasn't done much but the service is there now and i think he will bang them in given the chance.

Hayter might not like the GJ way!!! Don't you think that whilst negotiating a potential move to a new club the player might have enough sense to find out exactly what the GJ way is? And as for him not being the player we think, I would be very disappointed if City have not watched this player at least a half a dozen times before shelling out money for him. I would like to think that Johnson would know exactly what we are getting. As for Bridges, do you know the actual reason(s) Johnson got rid of him? I don't but as you are 100% certain that Johnson has "done a bad un'" perhaps you could tell me what's what.

GJ has got one hell of a job to do at City and up till the last few games he has shown a better attitude, Bridges was never given the chance, his face as well as Stewarts doesn't fit. I would have thought that was the reason he left. As for Hayter how do you know he would want to talk to us? All he can see of GJ is where we are in the league.

Archived