IGNORED

New Player Coming From Wba?

downendcity

Read in this morning's Daily Mail that West Brom are letting 4 players go today. It says that one of them, Lloyd Dyer, will coming to us.

He's 23 and playes in midfield but does anyone know anything more about him?

From Clubcall.com:

Bristol City - Premiership ace to sign?

26 Jan 2006 10:00

Bristol City are reportedly on the verge of signing West Bromwich Albion winger Lloyd Dyer.

Dyer can play on the left of midfield or at left-back, and recently had a successful loan spell at Championship outfit Queens Park Rangers.

The 23-year-old is out of favour at the Hawthorns, and is one of several players that Baggies boss Bryan Robson is trying to offload.

It is unclear at this stage whether the Robins will take Dyer on loan for the rest of the season, or sign him on a permanent basis.

Another left sided midfielder?

He's a winger going by the profile on WBA's website. Don't know which side have to assume left seeming as we've has trialists in that position and BECAUSE WE NEED ONE!

I've never seen him play or even heard about him before so it's incredibly unfair to comment but i'm never a fan of a player playing so little by the age of 23. Shows a real lack of ambition and desire for the game in my opinion.

He'll fit right in...

Dyer is a really really good player. Will be very happy if this comes off.

I was watching West Brom almost weekly whilst at uni in brum, saw him when he broke through. Very pacey, good eye for goal (i think), lots of runs into the box, and can cross a ball too.

Lavely.

If I was Craig Woodman I'd start packing now. :)

Don't be too sure, "Lazarus" has been written off many times before. He may not tick all the boxes but he has developed a level of reliability that is rare at this level. We haven't signed all these players yet. "view to" "option to" are the kind of thing quoted, so we may not keep them all.

Guest Harry Dolman

I seem to be about the only 1 of this opinion, but maybe (just maybe), being in the lg 1 relegation zone may make us an unattractive proposition to the likes of Lloyd Dyer (he appears to have done ok at QPR, so why risk going from a Prem team to what could be a div 4 team very soon) ? Maybe the players we want either a) don't want to come here or b) are out of our reach financially.

Some people seem to think that GJ can pop down to the Eastville market & pick up a pacy, proven goal scorer & a left winger.

Bristol City - Premiership ace to sign?

26 Jan 2006 10:00

Bristol City are reportedly on the verge of signing West Bromwich Albion winger Lloyd Dyer.

Dyer can play on the left of midfield or at left-back, and recently had a successful loan spell at Championship outfit Queens Park Rangers.

The 23-year-old is out of favour at the Hawthorns, and is one of several players that Baggies boss Bryan Robson is trying to offload.

It is unclear at this stage whether the Robins will take Dyer on loan for the rest of the season, or sign him on a permanent basis.

was there any mention of andy johnson being released? we could do with him!

yes there was, and he is, but I think they said he will be going to Derby. howvertr, they did mention another West Brom player being released and that he's going to you boys but I cant remember the name.

Guest Harvey9

If we get him and Easter i will be satisfied. We'll have pace in abundance.

Fair play to you mate, you were the one that said we were signing him. Good spot :chant6ez:

Archived