IGNORED

The Anti Stewart Brigade Are Losing The Plot

Markman

Lets look at the facts!

Stewart is not in the starting 11 - Fact

Then why not????

I think this is a big reason as to why I think the rumours are true. Either that or Stewart is not even good enoug to knock Bas Savage out the team. Which one of these options do you think is more plausable? Or if Stewart is as good as everyone says he is then it says that Johnson doesn't want good players in his starting 11.

The latter mate!

I for one do not know why Marcus Stewart is not in the starting 11, I think he should be.

But again BB you have produced only one fact, and to be honest that wasn't difficult was it ?, the rest of your post is based on rumours again mate.

Lets look at the facts!

Stewart is not in the starting 11 - Fact

Then why not????

I think this is a big reason as to why I think the rumours are true. Either that or Stewart is not even good enoug to knock Bas Savage out the team. Which one of these options do you think is more plausable? Or if Stewart is as good as everyone says he is then it says that Johnson doesn't want good players in his starting 11.

My guess is that Johnson doesn't play Stewart because it's against his principles to sign older players on high salaries (it's not 5-6grand but it's still going to be more than most others), and therefore he wants Stewart off the wage bill so he can build a younger side which is better value for money. I'm certain had he been manager last summer he wouldn't have signed him.

I don't have a problem with that in principle. But the fact is that Stewart is already here, and is much more likely to score than Savage. The only way to get rid will be to pay up a contract which doesn't save anything anyway, and I think he's cutting off his nose to spite his face basically. Also, this type of thing is best done in the summer, not in the middle of a relegation battle.

Savage isn't producing the goods, he's got one goal in EIGHT games, surely it's time to try Stewart in front of the massively improved midfield?

Savage - 1 in 8 or 0.125 goals per game in front of best midfield

Stewart - 5 in 15 or 0.333 goals per game mainly in front of worst midfield for years

I think if Stewart had played after his suspension with Savage coming on as a sub against tired teams, those 1-1 draws would have been wins and we'd not have been beaten at Colchester.

Nibor

The latter mate!

I for one do not know why Marcus Stewart is not in the starting 11, I think he should be.

But again BB you have produced only one fact, and to be honest that wasn't difficult was it ?, the rest of your post is based on rumours again mate.

Totally on reds side BB. Thought u were one of the intelligent posters on this site mate?

Anyway, i know the reason why? To much winking my ald mate on that "live chat"

Forget it for now, ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL..................................................

COME ON U REDS COME ON U REDS COME ON U REDS

Here's my two pennies worth. Firstly, I think Stewart is a good player and I would love to see him do well for us. I think he deserves another shot in the first team because he's done well in recent sub appearances. However, I don't subscribe to the Bas vs Stewart argument. They are different types of players and I can at least recognise that Bas affects the game in different ways to Stewart.

Regarding Stewart's drinking, I believe it's true. I live in Kingswood and know people who used to play football with Stewart over Courtney fields years ago. I've heard plenty of stories from people who live in Kingswood who have seen Stewart hammered up Kingswood plenty of times. People I work with in central Bristol have also seen him (I said a naughty word) up in Bristol. I think we should accept that Stewart likes to get drunk. The issue is whether it is acceptable in our current plight and whether it affects his game or not.

The latter mate!

How do you know its the latter red?

Your opinion seems to be based on 'rumours' that GJ doesn't want Stewie in the team for some other reason or do you work down Ashton Gate?

The only people who know the facts are Stewie & Gary Johnson.

Option 1 - GJ is not picking MS because Stewie has a bad attitude / drinking problem / wages to high etc? No facts(unless you count Mr. 6 Pints! :laugh: ) to support this so :dunno:

Option 2 - GJ is not picking him because he thinks Savage is contributing more to the team. No facts to support this either so :dunno:

My suggestions is to just stop the bickering on this subject and just leave it up to GJ. At the end of the day there's nowt we can do about it anyway!

I actually do know some REAL FACTS about Stewie's charactor because I know his ex-girlfriend (from his gashead days!) and they suggest that he ain't no angel by the way.

My guess is that Johnson doesn't play Stewart because it's against his principles to sign older players on high salaries (it's not 5-6grand but it's still going to be more than most others), and therefore he wants Stewart off the wage bill so he can build a younger side which is better value for money. I'm certain had he been manager last summer he wouldn't have signed him.

I don't have a problem with that in principle. But the fact is that Stewart is already here, and is much more likely to score than Savage. The only way to get rid will be to pay up a contract which doesn't save anything anyway, and I think he's cutting off his nose to spite his face basically. Also, this type of thing is best done in the summer, not in the middle of a relegation battle.

Savage isn't producing the goods, he's got one goal in EIGHT games, surely it's time to try Stewart in front of the massively improved midfield?

I think if Stewart had played after his suspension with Savage coming on as a sub against tired teams, those 1-1 draws would have been wins and we'd not have been beaten at Colchester.

Nibor

If Stewart starts a few games, then we can all see if it's still there, If not, i would be one of the first to hold my hands up. If he is not getting the chance with a better side how can we criticize him.

How do you know its the latter red?

Your opinion seems to be based on 'rumours' that GJ doesn't want Stewie in the team for some other reason or do you work down Ashton Gate?

The only people who know the facts are Stewie & Gary Johnson.

Option 1 - GJ is not picking MS because Stewie has a bad attitude / drinking problem / wages to high etc? No facts(unless you count Mr. 6 Pints! :laugh: ) to support this so :dunno:

Option 2 - GJ is not picking him because he thinks Savage is contributing more to the team. No facts to support this either so :dunno:

My suggestions is to just stop the bickering on this subject and just leave it up to GJ. At the end of the day there's nowt we can do about it anyway!

I don't know it's the latter Ben, he asked me the queston, (so I gave him what is in my opinion and my opinion only), my answer.

And I can assure you that my opinion is not based on any rumours at all.

If Stewart starts a few games, then we can all see if it's still there, If not, i would be one of the first to hold my hands up. If he is not getting the chance with a better side how can we criticize him.

Exactly, what do we have to lose? We're not missing out on a massive torrent of goals by putting Savage on the bench for a bit - in fact he might have more luck against tiring teams.

Nibor

I don't know it's the latter Ben, he asked me the queston, (so I gave him what is in my opinion and my opinion only), my answer.

And I can assure you that my opinion is not based on any rumours at all.

Fair enough Red, so why do you think that he's not in the team?

i cant beleive this is even a debate!!!

it appears a lot of people cover up savages lack of ability with his hard work. i would much rather have the ability of stewart, who also has a good work rate.

got nothing personnal against bas, but lets face it, he aint good enough for football at this level, no matter how much he runs about! and if i was as bad at my job as he is at his, i know i would have bee fired by now!

My opinion is because of the "discussion" that went on in the changing room that day.

Isn't that a rumour though? :)

got nothing personnal against bas, but lets face it, he aint good enough for football at this level, no matter how much he runs about! and if i was as bad at my job as he is at his, i know i would have bee fired by now!

Any yet it's strange how a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL MANAGER who has been through two promotions and managed an international team thinks he's alright?

Go figure?

Savage isn't producing the goods, he's got one goal in NINE games, surely it's time to try Stewart in front of the massively improved midfield?

Nibor

"your guess" :dance: Only jesting Nibor :)

Seeing as Stewart is already here - My ideal senario would be for Stewart to be given another chance and see if he improves his performance and then try and get him off the wage bill in the summer.

I would love for Stewart to start banging the goals in and for the dressing room to be a happy one, (ok, for the benefit of rumour) if it's not already.

By the way, I don't see how people thinking that Stewart shouldn't be at ashton Gate makes them cretins Colmanballs. Stewart hasn't impressed me since he's come here and I'm fairly sure that he's on £5K a week, I think I'm entitled to have the opinion that he should be gone, without being labelled, mate.

Stewart is only one very very small part of Bristol City FC, so we shouldn't be having a pop at each other because some people believe things could be true that other people don't about the Stewart situation. I don't think I've said that Stewart actually has done this that or the other, it just seems not that unlikely given the apparent culture at Ashton Gate and the fact that we have an expensive striker sitting on the bench who can't knock Bas Savage out the team.

The three reasons for him not being in the team that I can think of are:

1) Not good enough to knock Savage out the team

2) The rumours are true about bust ups etc...

3) Johnson doesn't want a good player in his side who is 32/33 and on a higher than average wage.

Isn't that a rumour though? :)

No mate. it's my opinion.

It is honestly not based on a rumour, I see where you are coming from, but that is my opinion, and my opinion only.

And in answer to your other question about GJ being a professional Manager and picking Bas Savage, that doesn't necessarily make him right does it?

It is honestly not based on a rumour, I see where you are coming from, but that is my opinion, and my opinion only.

Didn't you say that it was based on that "descussion" though? Rumour, surely?

Just like my opinion that he should be gone is largely based on rumour. It's also my opinion.

Anyway, the Club is bigger than any one player! That is something we can all agree on!

Com on you Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :city:

Didn't you say that it was based on that "descussion" though? Rumour, surely?

Just like my opinion that he should be gone is largely based on rumour. It's also my opinion.

Anyway, the Club is bigger than any one player! That is something we can all agree on!

Com on you Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :city:

No I didn't ever say that it was based on a discussion, and I am not basing it on a rumour either.

Oh and by the way sorry mate, I'm with you all the way with Come On You Reds !!!!!!!!!

But an opinion based on a rumour. :)

Just kidding mate. Personally I think it's more likely that if its not football related as in Bas offering something (not goals!) that Stewie doesn't then it's more likely to be to get him off the wage bill.

GJ doesn't seem to be the kind of bloke who'd even have MS on the bench if that particular rumour is true and as the spirit in the team seems to be pretty good at the moment it doesn't seem to be a divided camp either.

If he wants him off the wage bill though then why doesn't he just put him on the transfer list as i'm sure there would be takers?

:dunno:

funny how the manager at FOREST GREEN ROVERS also agreed with my opinion! :dance:

And yet the manager at COVENTRY didn't! :doh:

But an opinion based on a rumour. :)

Just kidding mate. Personally I think it's more likely that if its not football related as in Bas offering something (not goals!) that Stewie doesn't then it's more likely to be to get him off the wage bill.

GJ doesn't seem to be the kind of bloke who'd even have MS on the bench if that particular rumour is true and as the spirit in the team seems to be pretty good at the moment it doesn't seem to be a divided camp either.

If he wants him off the wage bill though then why doesn't he just put him on the transfer list as i'm sure there would be takers?

:dunno:

And yet the manager at COVENTRY didn't! :doh:

Fair point Ben, but to your last point, he doesn't seem to want to go anywhere else.

Fair point Ben, but to your last point, he doesn't seem to want to go anywhere else.

He isn't going anywhere, he turned down interest from Championship teams which would have meant more money to finish his career here because it was an unfulfilled ambition in his career - I doubt he sees himself playing for any other team before retirement. That's one of the reasons it irks me when people make him out to be a money grabber - clearly he isn't, and I'd be surprised if after playing at higher levels for so long he has any worries for the rest of his life financially.

Nibor

My opinion is because of the "discussion" that went on in the changing room that day.

No I didn't ever say that it was based on a discussion, and I am not basing it on a rumour either.

Oh and by the way sorry mate, I'm with you all the way with Come On You Reds !!!!!!!!!

What did you mean then Redtilldead? :dunno:

Also what is your opinion on why Stewart is not in the team?

Hello! Hello! We are the City Boys! :city::city:

He isn't going anywhere, he turned down interest from Championship teams which would have meant more money to finish his career here because it was an unfulfilled ambition in his career - I doubt he sees himself playing for any other team before retirement. That's one of the reasons it irks me when people make him out to be a money grabber - clearly he isn't, and I'd be surprised if after playing at higher levels for so long he has any worries for the rest of his life financially.

Nibor

I for one am not calling him a money grabber, just that it irks me that we are spending a big wage on a player who hasn't been able to knock Bas Savage out the team for what ever reason it may be.

You Reds!!!!!! :city:

i think you will find bas played about 2 or 3 reserve games for coventry before they decided he wasnt good enough.

if the manager at coventry seen it different to me, he would be playing for them now wouldnt he!

I sooo wish there was a smily on here to convey a patient sigh!

Anyway, the managers of Reading, Wycombe, Bury, Coventry and more importantly BRISTOL CITY all think that he's got 'something' to offer.

No offense Ivan mate but I'm going to put my faith in them for now.

What I reckon, an my oppinion I'm sure will be easilly refuted, but, we're not going to do much better than simply staying up this season. FACT.

I think that we will stay up.

We'll see what we end up achieving come the end of next season, and if again we've achieved absolutely bu99er all, what change in that regards has taken place since the 1999-00 season? Absolutely nothing. If Stewart and Johnson aren't the debate then it was Pulis and Steve Jones, or Danny wilson and......whoever. There is something fundamentally wrong at the Club I swear, so all the debates that come and go I just see as droplets in the ocean/beating around the bush trivial matters. WTFiGO!?!

This City. This Population. We're being put to shame by miniscule clubs from miniscule towns. It's an Embarasment.

If I was a proud citezen of say Bury, I wouldn't mind but this is taking the pi55.

I sooo wish there was a smily on here to convey a patient sigh!

Anyway, the managers of Reading, Wycombe, Bury, Coventry and more importantly BRISTOL CITY all think that he's got 'something' to offer.

No offense Ivan mate but I'm going to put my faith in them for now.

as long as he is pulling on a city shirt on a saturday i will be behind him 100% and admitedly, he can be very entertaining at times, not always for the right reason!

still, stewart should be in the starting line up way before savage

as long as he is pulling on a city shirt on a saturday i will be behind him 100% and admitedly, he can be very entertaining at times, not always for the right reason!

still, stewart should be in the starting line up way before savage

Same goes for me too. Also the same goes for me with any City player who plays.

I'd just like to put on record, that I do hope that Stewart ends up being a star at Ashton Gate, I'm just a bit annoyed at the fact that he is on a big wage and has done sweet fa really.

Anyway.....

YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :city::city::city:

Archived