IGNORED

Reason For Deal Being Called Off

Mikenoski

Mr Baker informs me that upload failed and its going back up now...

Lo Fi version now working for me

Deal is off, 100% off

Everything was agreed.

He says attitude and lack of enthuasum put him off the deal :dunno:

GJ called it off, his decision he says.

Watching it now, lack of enthusiasm is the reason given, didn't seem bothered about playing against Swansea despite being a Cardiff boy and hadn't trained all week.

No financial problems even though he had two agents.

Sounds like a ###### basically, good job we missed out.

Nibor

Guest Harry Dolman

Watching it now, lack of enthusiasm is the reason given, didn't seem bothered about playing against Swansea despite being a Cardiff boy and hadn't trained all week.

No financial problems even though he had two agents.

Sounds like a ###### basically, good job we missed out.

Nibor

Good timing for us. We normally ascertain such info, just after (rather than before) they've signed the contract.

Must have been very tempting for Johnson to sign him, fair play for having the plums to veto it.

Guest Harry Dolman

And he's happy to remain at Stockport???? Hes insane.

Maybe not..... his contract expires in the summer. Rather than have someone pay £120k to Stockport, he can then get then lions share of that instead.

Good timing for us. We normally ascertain such info, just after (rather than before) they've signed the contract.

Must have been very tempting for Johnson to sign him, fair play for having the plums to veto it.

Agreed, fair play to GJ

Everyone seems very quick to hear GJ's side of the story. But, as always, there's no doubt another side to this.

Easter has known about our interest for some days. He would expect to be playing (or at least on the bench) for Swansea. He's stepping up a division and playing his first game for his new club. So why would he not appear enthusiastic?

There's more to this....

Guest Harry Dolman

Easter has known about our interest for some days. He would expect to be playing (or at least on the bench) for Swansea. He's stepping up a division and playing his first game for his new club. So why would he not appear enthusiastic?

There is a £120K reason. Stockport want to flog him now, else he walks for nought in May. If I had the choice of joining somone now, or making a move in May when the new club has a lot of cash they can offer me as a signing on fee, I may be a little unenthusiastic about the inital move too.

Having heard all this i say fair play to Johnson for not taking the easy option and just letting the deal go through

and i am not saying we should have signed him

BUT

how a player appears off the pitch isnt always anindication of what he can do on it

Andy Cole was an arrogant g1t before a game and wouldn't warm up with the team etc

Lita was nomiated on Soccer AM as "worst trainer"

and we both know what these two can do on the pitch during the game

Guess we will never know what Easter would have been like

Just hope we get someone in before the deadline

Guest Harry Dolman

Having heard all this i say fair play to Johnson for not taking the easy option and just letting the deal go through

and i am not saying we should have signed him

BUT

how a player appears off the pitch isnt always anindication of what he can do on it

Andy Cole was an arrogant g1t before a game and wouldn't warm up with the team etc

Lita was nomiated on Soccer AM as "worst trainer"

and we both know what these two can do on the pitch during the game

Guess we will never know what Easter would have been like

Just hope we get someone in before the deadline

Thats a fair point. I am sure there were mutterings about Noble's attitude before he signed. At the end of the day (whilst the no's are bigger), Johnson is no different to any of us conducting an interview - he has to go with his gut feel.

Actually he is in a far worse position than us, when we interview as he can't give the player a 90 day probation period!

Thats a fair point. I am sure there were mutterings about Noble's attitude before he signed. At the end of the day (whilst the no's are bigger), Johnson is no different to any of us conducting an interview - he has to go with his gut feel.

Actually he is in a far worse position than us, when we interview as he can't give the player a 90 day probation period!

I think the only concern voiced about Noble was what the hell was he doing playing in league two in the first place. He came over very well in his interview and Johnson praised his attitude.

Nibor

Guest Harry Dolman

I think the only concern voiced about Noble was what the hell was he doing playing in league two in the first place. He came over very well in his interview and Johnson praised his attitude.

Nibor

I am sure there was something about him "not reacting well to criticism" or "not taking advice" - something along those lines.

There are lots of E.g with players of alleged "attitude" doing very well, the difference here is that Johnson clearly liked what he heard from Noble, but not what he heard from Easter.

I am sure there was something about him "not reacting well to criticism" or "not taking advice" - something along those lines.

There are lots of E.g with players of alleged "attitude" doing very well, the difference here is that Johnson clearly liked what he heard from Noble, but not what he heard from Easter.

Fair enough, I can't remember that.

I think Johnson's made a good decision, we definitely don't want a dodgy attitude coming into a relegation battle.

I do hope we find some pace up front in the two remaining working days though!

Nibor

The jury is still out for me on this one. As other posts have suggested, I too believe there must be two sides to this story.

Manager didn't like the player's attitude or the player didn't like the manager's? :dunno: Let's face it when GJ joined I think he 'rubbed' a few members of our exisiting squad up the wrong way?

Maybe he wasn't right for us or maybe he was.... guess all that's left for us to do now is watch where he ends up and how he does then.

Call me cynical, if you will, but what the ferk happened to watching this character before, and seeing what he was like?

I aint impressed wi Johnsons "efforts" so far in this period, and chancer he passed on, and a potentially expensive possible liability in Haytere, if some are to be beleived. This is the first time i'm starting to think we have a bullsh@tter here.......prove me wrong Gary boy, none of the cockernee wide boy pony either. I really wanna hear something positive.

Archived