IGNORED

Reason For Deal Being Called Off

Mikenoski

Good timing for us. We normally ascertain such info, just after (rather than before) they've signed the contract.

Must have been very tempting for Johnson to sign him, fair play for having the plums to veto it.

like Dave Partidge! (another panic buy when we lost out on our #1 target..!)

Yes well done Gary another waste of time a bit like your performance throughout the transfer window.I wonder what happened to the hours and hours of homework done to arrive at this farcical conclusion with Easter.Far from well done I think it is pitiful.

you're just an idiot.

it's not like playing championship manager... you need the right player, at the right price, and he needs the right attitude. It's not 'pitiful' because you get a whiff of this guy being yet another overpaid waster.

Like Partidge

Like Doherty

Like Stewart

Like Coles

Like Thorpe

Like 60% of all the players we've ever signed....

I'd rather play with what we have than get ripped off, or commit to 3 years of £150k a year wages, plus a £120k fee.

Everyone seems very quick to hear GJ's side of the story. But, as always, there's no doubt another side to this.

Easter has known about our interest for some days. He would expect to be playing (or at least on the bench) for Swansea. He's stepping up a division and playing his first game for his new club. So why would he not appear enthusiastic?

There's more to this....

:doh:

Conspriracy - loving it Chivs.

Please tell more.

Guest Harry Dolman

Call me cynical, if you will, but what the ferk happened to watching this character before, and seeing what he was like?

I aint impressed wi Johnsons "efforts" so far in this period, and chancer he passed on, and a potentially expensive possible liability in Haytere, if some are to be beleived. This is the first time i'm starting to think we have a bullsh@tter here.......prove me wrong Gary boy, none of the cockernee wide boy pony either. I really wanna hear something positive.

Heres the difference, we established that Dinning was a waster, a short while AFTER making him one of the highest paid players in the squad. We established it with Easter, BEFORE hand. Much better in my book & to be honest I am not sure how we could have ascertained this before hand ??

As much as anyone here, I would like to see an injection of real pace into our front 2, but if we're spending money we can't really afford we need more than an attitude.

The Bas Savage comment worries me though!!!! ''What he sometimes lacks in quality, he makes up in enthusiasm''.

Does this mean l can play? I haven't got any qulaity, but bags of enthusiasm.

I think you need to look at the exact words. Johnson doesn't say "the lad has no quality but tries hard" - he says "what he sometimes lacks in quality". I can't think of a member of our squad who doesn't "sometimes lack in quality". Answers on a postcard pls.

Difficult not to support GJ on this one.

Although I do take the point that people, are, well, different! Some poeple are just nervous, inarticulate, show passion in different ways etc. Not training for a week does seem a bit of a odd choice, I agree. But its a bit like how some poeple recruit - throw the net as widely as possible but end up recruiting somebody just like them!

Passion etc has to come accross, ultimately on the pitch. Maybe he is just one of those guys that enters a new ego when he steps on the pitch. There are certainly many entertainers who are by nature very shy and retiring - but the moment they get on the stage...

And at the end of it, we are still a player short in a position GJ must have wanted to fill.

Please tell more.

Unlike you, I don't get to talk to players lovers, wifes, dogs, children, whatever, so I can't claim a conspiracy.

My point was simply that it seemed odd that a player from a lower division about to be picked in a team for the first time, and playing in front of a full house, did not show enthusiasm.

Do you know why the deal fell through?

Everyone seems very quick to hear GJ's side of the story. But, as always, there's no doubt another side to this.

Easter has known about our interest for some days. He would expect to be playing (or at least on the bench) for Swansea. He's stepping up a division and playing his first game for his new club. So why would he not appear enthusiastic?

There's more to this....

Please tell more.

i said this on another thread, but how is it for a conspiricay theory?

just playing devils advocate here, what if the deal looked like is wasnt going to happen, maybe Easters demands were too high. Johnson agrees, then says oh no, not enthusiastic enough. kills more than one bird!

1)Fans immediatly improve their view on GJ, He's looking out for the club and so on. and lets face it, he wasnt the most popular bloke on here!

2)Johnson can say he tried to sign good players

3)No one can blame the board for lack of support or ambition

4)There is no way Easter can argue with the comment as its an opinion!

pretty smart move by johnson! (Possibly)

you're just an idiot.

it's not like playing championship manager... you need the right player, at the right price, and he needs the right attitude. It's not 'pitiful' because you get a whiff of this guy being yet another overpaid waster.

Like Partidge

Like Doherty

Like Stewart

Like Coles

Like Thorpe

I'd rather play with what we have than get ripped off, or commit to 3 years of £150k a year wages, plus a £120k fee.

Does the drivel you have written mean you thought Tommy Doherty & Danny Coles were wasters.Because if that is what you are saying you seem to be talking out of the wrong hole.Tommy played his heart out for this club for the majority of his time here as did Danny Coles and we could do with both of them for a game like Swansea.

And how else would you describe our activity in the Transfer window when we have been told for 3 months that all the work was being done to identify the right players to bring in and it would b 4 or 5.And the farce of agreeing terms on a player,getting him down to agree personal terms.quote in the Post the lad runs his heart out on the pitch and then on the day decide he is not committed enough to the club.Oh I get it all the other Managers who are signing players are idiots and just signing wasters and we are the clever ones by getting in nobody.Sounds like a formula for disaster .

There's more to this....

There are only two people who know what was said in Johnson's office. But taking off any rose or black coloured spectacles for a minute (depending what side of the fence you are on) what would you do Chivs if a player came to see you for interview regarding a transfer and after asking him lots of questions about his aspirations and mindset your gut feeling was that he didn't have the attitude you were looking for?

i) Take the player on anyway like the previous genius did (Dinning? Partridge? Bridges?)?

ii) Tell him to find some other bunch of mugs to pay him handsomely for two or three years, as appears to be the case with Johnson here?

Unless you know what the "more to this" is, in which case come off the fence and tell us, I don't see what grounds you have to doubt the managers judgement.

Does the drivel you have written mean you thought Tommy Doherty & Danny Coles were wasters.Because if that is what you are saying you seem to be talking out of the wrong hole.Tommy played his heart out for this club for the majority of his time here as did Danny Coles and we could do with both of them for a game like Swansea.

And how else would you describe our activity in the Transfer window when we have been told for 3 months that all the work was being done to identify the right players to bring in and it would b 4 or 5.And the farce of agreeing terms on a player,getting him down to agree personal terms.quote in the Post the lad runs his heart out on the pitch and then on the day decide he is not committed enough to the club.Oh I get it all the other Managers who are signing players are idiots and just signing wasters and we are the clever ones by getting in nobody.Sounds like a formula for disaster .

Don't you think that terms were agreed by the club prior to the player seeing Johnson. Sure, someone from the club (maybe Johnson) identified the lad as having potential but don't you think it is sensible to interview the lad first, prior to him signing on the dotted line, just to make sure that the problems identified today are not found out when it is too late? I presume not and you would rather panic and sign anybody on just so that we can say "at least we signed somebody". Do you want this club to go places in the long term with the right players on board or would you rather watch the short termism of signing players with ability coupled with an equal measure of bad attitude or mental weakness that blighted Tinnion's reign and the beginning of Johnson's management as well?

As for Tommy playing his heart out - yes he did for the 60 minutes he could manage before his lungs started to burst. And some of these so called "clever" managers signing players left, right and centre will end up getting their teams relegated and have numerous long term, well paid failures on their books who were supposed to keep them up - mark my words.

Unlike you, I don't get to talk to players lovers, wifes, dogs, children, whatever, so I can't claim a conspiracy.

My point was simply that it seemed odd that a player from a lower division about to be picked in a team for the first time, and playing in front of a full house, did not show enthusiasm.

Do you know why the deal fell through?

Not 4 me to speculate.

:whistle:

There are only two people who know what was said in Johnson's office. But taking off any rose or black coloured spectacles for a minute (depending what side of the fence you are on) what would you do Chivs if a player came to see you for interview regarding a transfer and after asking him lots of questions about his aspirations and mindset your gut feeling was that he didn't have the attitude you were looking for?

i) Take the player on anyway like the previous genius did (Dinning? Partridge? Bridges?)?

ii) Tell him to find some other bunch of mugs to pay him handsomely for two or three years, as appears to be the case with Johnson here?

I would tell him to be on his way just as GJ has done. But, as you say, none of us know what was said in GJ's office so we cannot speculate.

Unless you know what the "more to this" is, in which case come off the fence and tell us, I don't see what grounds you have to doubt the managers judgement.

Ahhh, there in lies the problem. I have no inside knowledge. I never pretend I have but I know that I can doubt the manager's jugdement especially if his comments do not make sense. All I know about footballers is that they love to play football. They are always enthusiastic about playing football. But GJ is claiming Easter was not enthusiastic.

I expect in this case that there was a personality clash or GJ wondered why Easter needed two agents. I don't doubt GJ's judgement but I do wonder at his staement concerning why we had dropped Easter. As I said, I expect there is more to this...

you're just an idiot.

Like Partidge

Like Doherty

Like Stewart

Like Coles

Like Thorpe

agree but not with some of the players you have called wasters.

I think some people on this site want us to go out and buy 3 or 4 carlos kickaballs. it takes time to get the real deal in, as we are at the wrong and of the table.

just chill guy's gj know's want he wants but he's not going to buy just anyone.

if we don't make any new signing's then so what,we can still get to safety.

I may be mistaken but did one of our Swindle friends support GJ's rejection on the grounds that he was an "arrogant git" on the chat room during the game last night? Seems that his "attitude" has been the centre of attention for this debate........ :dunno:

The Bas Savage comment worries me though!!!! ''What he sometimes lacks in quality, he makes up in enthusiasm''.

Does this mean l can play? I haven't got any qulaity, but bags of enthusiasm.

bas may have enthiusiasm BUT HE HAS NEXT TO NO ABILITY :@

Archived