IGNORED

Season Ticket-non Renewal

EmersonsKev

Guest Cary Grant supported City

Watching the crap that the team has played for most of the season is more harmful to your blood pressure than a Capstan Full Strength!!.

;););)

A plane is a confined space nowhere for the smoke to go so it circulates this is unfair on non smokers Ashton Gate is open hence smoke can be blown away also AG has something like 19,000 seats spread over a large area thus making segregation easier. Also on a plane I go to sleep for about half the flight I'm damned if i'll pay 20 quid to sleep at football.

Now may I ask a question? Do you people who complain about smoking in the ground go to pubs with their smoke filled bars or are you all teetotal as well?

Guest Cary Grant supported City

Then there's walking in the "fresh" air to and from Ashton Gate!!, full of carcinogens that come out of all the exhausts of the cars from those fans, and shoppers who are too lazy to walk home after enjoying themselves on a Saturday afternoon, so we should not only ban smoking but cars as well.

:handbags::handbags::handbags:

I haven't said I can't go without a ciggy I choose not to at football I have my reason why I smoke at a game. I would be quite happy to sit in whatever part of the ground is designated as a smoking area but to ban smoking totally as some of the health nazi on here seem to want goes too far. If Ashton Gate falls in line with the corperate PC prawn sandwich munchers then no I will not be attending why because I wouldn't want to! I don't need to justify my reasons for not going it's about choice and if other smokers do the same them the gate will down quite considerably. But then you can afford to top up the lost revenue as you don't have to buy ciggies.

• Admin

If a smoker is sat next to you, behid you or in front of you, it doesn't matter a jot if it is open or not - you still get a face full of sh!t coming out of someone elses gob.

I never go into a smoke filled bar - ever. I am not teetotal, just not stupid.

I repeat, those of you who say you will give up going to the ground - do you ever go abroad ? If so, how do you get there ?

By sleeping.

I repeat, those of you who say you will give up going to the ground - do you ever go abroad ? If so, how do you get there ?

On a boat? I guess you can smoke on a ferry.

I think this debates going nowhere and has been done to death. The two sides are too far apart, personally I no longer smoke but think people should be able to in open air places like grounds.

I think both sides have fair points and the idea of having different stands as smoking and non-smoking would be a good idea and might keep everyone happy.

As someone who has a LEGAL habit i will not be renewing my season ticket next year if Ashton Gate is to become non-smoking.I urge all others who feel like me to respond to this post so we can make how views known.I have no doubt that the segregated area will be a block in the corner which will not be big enough to accomodate the numbers who wish to smoke.Maybe a solution would be to make the Dolman non-smoking and leave the Atyeo as a smoking stand.We would then see which area is full.

We live in a free society where the use of illegal substances ie cannabis is tolerated and the smoking of a legal substance is looked upon as evil.

Bye then :(:)

So sucking on a burning bit of weed is more important than BCFC.

Bye then. :city:

[/quote

You cant see its about peoples freedom of choice then :dunno:Doing something that is not against the law; I reckon a 50/50 split on smoking and non smoking areas would be fair; but for some this is/could be the last straw in decisions by this club that we as the fans have had NO CHOICE IN :disapointed2se:

Why let a stupid little habit get in the way of watching your club your meant to love? Smoking is a discusting habit and surly you can have enough attention on the match not to smoke.

It's a disgusting habit for you but for people who smoke it isn't! Farting and picking your nose are far more disgusting in my opinion and I'm sure there is PLENTY of that going on down the gate on a match day!

Peasants!! :farmer:

I like the idea of making the Atyeo non-smoking and letting people choose in the Dolman... That way everyone is happy! :dunno:

I want to stand, I want to go i the East End,I want ot be able to go in an area of the ground with all my mates which is unreserved so we can have a laugh, i want City fans to be able to show the same amount of passion as they do at away games, i want to be able to sit with my friends who are not bad people and have been watching City for decades but smoke and lastly i want a BCFC that listens and consults it's paying customers.

All these problems could be wiped out in one fowl swoop! Did I see another thread saying that the possible solution is being erased by having further family areas? The Atyeo is near enough a family stand from what I remember when I was last in their anyway.

In response to the smoking in a Cinema and on a plane questions, it is an enclosed area where you can't really get away from the smoke and so fair enough to ban it.

I wander, has anyone ever actually seen or been thrown out of a ground for smoking?

mmm, I wander if twenty coppers will come charging in to put out a ciggerette?

Are they going to ask us where we reckon the best smoking areas would be?

Are they going to research about how many people actually smoke?

Archived