IGNORED

Season Ticket-non Renewal

EmersonsKev

As someone who has a LEGAL habit i will not be renewing my season ticket next year if Ashton Gate is to become non-smoking.I urge all others who feel like me to respond to this post so we can make how views known.I have no doubt that the segregated area will be a block in the corner which will not be big enough to accomodate the numbers who wish to smoke.Maybe a solution would be to make the Dolman non-smoking and leave the Atyeo as a smoking stand.We would then see which area is full.

We live in a free society where the use of illegal substances ie cannabis is tolerated and the smoking of a legal substance is looked upon as evil.

As someone who has a LEGAL habit i will not be renewing my season ticket next year if Ashton Gate is to become non-smoking.I urge all others who feel like me to respond to this post so we can make how views known.I have no doubt that the segregated area will be a block in the corner which will not be big enough to accomodate the numbers who wish to smoke.Maybe a solution would be to make the Dolman non-smoking and leave the Atyeo as a smoking stand.We would then see which area is full.

We live in a free society where the use of illegal substances ie cannabis is tolerated and the smoking of a legal substance is looked upon as evil.

its going to be hard not being able to smoke :(.. i do admit i do smoke quite a bit during games BUT i do my best not to make the atmosphere around me smokey to ruin other non smoking fans game. but then again thats just me.

its going to be hard not being able to smoke :(.. i do admit i do smoke quite a bit during games BUT i do my best not to make the atmosphere around me smokey to ruin other non smoking fans game. but then again thats just me.

How do you do that? Do you inhale all the smoke? Amazing..................................

Guest alex1089

Why let a stupid little habit get in the way of watching your club your meant to love? Smoking is a discusting habit and surly you can have enough attention on the match not to smoke.

I'm afraid I'll be thinking twice about going to the Gate if this is brought in, there are those who think it is a "stupid little habit" but as stated it is legal. If all the smokers stop going to games the best thing that could hoped to be signed is a program. Ban smoking in the ground an say goodbye to tradition and to the club.

Are you people telling me that you can't go for about 2 hours without a cigarette?

Smokers must be some of the weak people in the world then. :dunno:

I do not smoke but i can understand why somebody who does feels like this is the last kick to the goolies he can take. I want to stand, I want to go i the East End,I want ot be able to go in an area of the ground with all my mates which is unreserved so we can have a laugh, i want City fans to be able to show the same amount of passion as they do at away games, i want to be able to sit with my friends who are not bad people and have been watching City for decades but smoke and lastly i want a BCFC that listens and consults it's paying customers.I could stay outside the ground and get some of those things or simply buy a dvd of City every month. It's getting harder all the time to keep going and i will not slag someone off who decides they have had enough because i can understand it. Go on tell me i am not a loyal fan!

• Admin

Are you people telling me that you can't go for about 2 hours without a cigarette?

Smokers must be some of the weak people in the world then. :dunno:

Can't you go a few hours without a 'deathstick'? To support city surly you would not let a stupid little thing like that get in the way?

Put simply? No.

It's an addiction and one that gets exaggerated by stressful situations.

I AM AN ADDICT.

If City could guarantee we'd be 3 goals up at half time in every game and win the league at a canter then I will be able to guarantee my attendance and Season Ticket sale. Without such guarantee it will be touch and go*.

*Unless of course my current location happens to be made a smoking area, after-all, it IS in the corner :D

I'm not saying i cant go 2 hours without a smoke - I can, but it is hard for alot of smokers as it is a addiction. and to tell people that they cant smoke unless they go to the 'smokers seating' is a bit harsh IMO, as they are probably going to place them in the corner where u can see bugger all anyway! I'm sure there are better ways to deal with this situation.

all you non smokers can rant about it all you like, but the fact is, most of you havent had a smoking addiction, so there is no way you could know how it feels like to go without a ciggarette for 2 hours.

all you non smokers can rant about it all you like, but the fact is, most of you havent had a smoking addiction, so there is no way you could know how it feels like to go without a ciggarette for 2 hours.

After being a 50 a day man for many years I do know what it is like to go without one for two hours - it is easy like sitting down during a game or not using obscene language - it's called will power / respect for others

Wow - so how do the smokers who cannot survive City for 2 hours without a fag ever last on a plane or a train (or I think Coaches now) - I know the quick answer is "I never use them" but seriously lasting through a game of football must be possible even for the most desperate addict

I'm not saying I can't last 2 hours without a smoke what I'm saying is I don't want to watch football without smoking. It's freedom of choice. As for planes,trains and coaches, they are confined spaces. I do understand that some people don't like smoke full stop so why not make one side of the ground smoking and the other 2 home areas non smoking or is it all about being PC?

I don't go to the cinema for that reason hence if a smoking ban is brought in at AG I won't be going there either. Anti smokers really wind me up, there is an easy answer as stated, make one side of the ground smoking but you politically correct self opinionated lot seem to think you have inherited the earth and it's you role in life to stamp out things that you don't like. So is it a case of you don't smoke so everyone else has to forgo their pleasures at football? If that is the case you are worse than smokers!

I don't go to the cinema for that reason hence if a smoking ban is brought in at AG I won't be going there either. Anti smokers really wind me up, there is an easy answer as stated, make one side of the ground smoking but you politically correct self opinionated lot seem to think you have inherited the earth and it's you role in life to stamp out things that you don't like. So is it a case of you don't smoke so everyone else has to forgo their pleasures at football? If that is the case you are worse than smokers!

come on now.. you really going to let the smoking ban stop you going to AG? I'm a smoker and a heavy one at that.. but i would never let such a thing stop me from going to watch the team i love. I under stand its a 'freedom of choice' and smoking is legal so we should be allowed to do it.. but why let it stop you from going to watch the team you love?

Guest Somercity2

I for one will be glad to see a ban . I take my kids who frequntly have to endure other people's freedom to smoke.

The fact is in such aconfined space you are ineveitably inflicting your habit on others

The smoking ban is just another sad reflection of the mollycoddled world we currently occupy.

I am a non-smoker but would defend anyone's right to partake should they desire. Their choice. We are being told with increasingly regularity what we can do and where we can do it.

Can't sit in the East End.

Can't sit in the same seat next season (Williams 500 member)

Can't stand in G Block

Can't swear in G Block

Must use a coach to get to Swansea (and vice versa for their lot)

Must sit in the away end

And when I get home I'm told I must watch Big Brother with no apparent irony intended.

Where will it all end?

I'm afraid I'll be thinking twice about going to the Gate if this is brought in, there are those who think it is a "stupid little habit" but as stated it is legal. If all the smokers stop going to games the best thing that could hoped to be signed is a program. Ban smoking in the ground an say goodbye to tradition and to the club.

Maybe it should be made Illegal then.

Que massive debate and "Browner is a ********************, justify your comment etc".

Well seeing as yur "legal"habbit effects me and my children good ridence

I for one will be glad to see a ban . I take my kids who frequntly have to endure other people's freedom to smoke.

The fact is in such aconfined space you are ineveitably inflicting your habit on others

City most weeks have a stadium that is half full with one end having thousands of seats free.

BCFC have decided that smokers are pariahs, think about it?

A solution is staring the club in the face, whole rows and blocks of them!

Can you really not go 105 minutes without smoking?

I am a non-smoker, and I sit near three smokers. They don't bother me, but the A hole who spends 90 minutes abusing Phillips, and the two A holes who do likewise to Bas REALLY p me off. I don't care if we ban smoking or not, but these A holes should be banned for life....And beyond!!!!!

Maybe it should be made Illegal then.

Que massive debate and "Browner is a ********************, justify your comment etc".

I actually agree with you Browner. If it were made illegal then I would have no choice but as it stands I can buy fags outside the ground pay the duty on them but I'm going to be told I can't smoke them. Just out of interest how many non smokers go to the pub before a game? I know you'll say that smoking in pubs is going to be banned but at the moment how many choose to enter a confined smokey environment?

Archived