IGNORED

Surely Bas Savage

Port Said Red

There is one important point that everyone has overlooked on this thread.

Whilst everyone has there view on how good or bad Savage is, no one seems to appreciate what effect that has had on Brookers play.

Brooker has been immense in virtually every game since Savage has partnered him up front. He is not just the target man, but is able to play more freely and has found himself with a lot more space.

Last week at Blackpool he was superb again for the first hour, but once Savage was replaced by Stewart I felt that Brooker became far less effective.

There is one important point that everyone has overlooked on this thread.

Whilst everyone has there view on how good or bad Savage is, no one seems to appreciate what effect that has had on Brookers play.

Brooker has been immense in virtually every game since Savage has partnered him up front. He is not just the target man, but is able to play more freely and has found himself with a lot more space.

Last week at Blackpool he was superb again for the first hour, but once Savage was replaced by Stewart I felt that Brooker became far less effective.

:cool:

Big Baz has given Brooker, Murray and Cotterill far more freedom, how can any team choose to ignore a player of his size, style and presence. He is not the finished product, but shows loads of potential, and most of all loves his red shirt!

:englandsmile4wf:

Yes - i have to admit that he was alright on Saturday.

Not spectacular - but not bad either. And the main improvement was his footwork. Instead of letting the ball bounce off him, he controlled it and brought other players into the game.

He still doesnt inspire me with confidence and I'd still rather have someone like Lee Miller in the side (and I didnt rate him that highly either !)

You live in Bedminster and this is the first time you have watched City since November at least. Your views don't interest me then.

I have reasons for not being able to watch city regularly this season which i'm not going to go into - I support city in every way i can...... as much as my finances dictate.

Get off your high horse and respect other peoples opinion.

I stand by my opinion that Bas Savage was the worst player on the park...... I still hope this was a bad performance as I like to see city players do well. I'm not a fan who criticises players for the sake of it... I want every player who puts on the red shirt to do well. He may have tried his best but it didnt look like that to someone who has never seen him play before and someone who expects every player to run his heart out for city.

I have reasons for not being able to watch city regularly this season which i'm not going to go into - I support city in every way i can...... as much as my finances dictate.

Get off your high horse and respect other peoples opinion.

I stand by my opinion that Bas Savage was the worst player on the park...... I still hope this was a bad performance as I like to see city players do well. I'm not a fan who criticises players for the sake of it... I want every player who puts on the red shirt to do well. He may have tried his best but it didnt look like that to someone who has never seen him play before and someone who expects every player to run his heart out for city.

I support your right to put your opinion on this site of course, no matter how surprising I find it. I suppose in comparison to a very high standard of performance across the pitch Bas was the least impressive of all the City players.

Bas has been labelled by some "the worst player ever to put on a City shirt", and as far as I can tell this seems to be a pre-conception based on the comments of a couple of Bury fans when we signed him. This thread so far seems to show that the majority of people who have actually taken the time to watch him play, have seen more in his game than he was originally given credit for.

Archived