IGNORED

Surely Bas Savage

Port Said Red

Although he faded slightly for 20 minutes after half time I thought he was excellent today.

His movement off the ball and his flicked lay-offs were very good but, most importantly, he was winning headers and directing them quite well. Not perfect every time but a definite improvement.

Some people are still looking the other way whenever he does anything good though, after 15minutes he lost his first aerial battle and was immediately berated by two guys somewhere behind me. It seems once some people have made up their minds they become very blinkered.

and was immediately berated by two guys somewhere behind me

If you were in the Lower Williams it was probably Statler and Waldorf at the front of the Williams, Block B. They spent all game complaining about him, yet he had an excellent game, caused a lot of problems and very rarely gave the ball away. If either of them are reading this, they should feel utterly ashamed of themselves and take a free transfer to the Mem.

First time i saw him play today.........

Gotta say he was terrible! Very lazy and could'nt link a pass at all.....

Very disappointed after hearing good things about him. I'm a bit concerned, I was hoping today was just a bad day for him, but obviously not!

He gives his all but i PERSONALLY believe that we could find a better partner for Brooker! We need somebody who can play on the last man and who can when got the ball break free of defenders! Nothing against Savage but he hasnt got the pace or the abilty, he just got the effort!

Very disappointed after hearing good things about him. I'm a bit concerned, I was hoping today was just a bad day for him, but obviously not!

You live in Bedminster and this is the first time you have watched City since November at least. Your views don't interest me then.

He gave the ball away nearly every time!

Were there two Bas savages playing? He might not have made a great number of passes over 20 yards, but more often than not his passes found a City player. I just wish I had the stats to prove it!

I was initially a big doubter of Bas, and I still think that he has severe limitations. But I honestly feel that none but the blind can find great fault with his performance today.

you are talking out of your rse! he certainly isn't lazy , gives 100% , wins and holds the ball up well and tries to pass as well.He isn't the best footballer in the world but he doesn't deserve the stick he gets.

I think you may have been mistaken, City were playing in RED.

Glad to see big Baz is starting to get credit for his qualities, ie workrate and ability to hold the ball up, not constant complaints about his faults

This was the best game Bas has had (imo) - the whole team battled well and Bas was part of it - I was certainly a Bas doubter (which is not the same as slagging him off) but he did well today - although at the risk of being slaughtered - I still don't think he is quite as good as some others on here seem too and I still think we need this new striker that GJ is after

I'm sorry but I didn't think Bas had a good game today. The guy spends far too much time diving for my liking.

He was winning a few more headers today, so fair play to him, but he made a nuisance of himself in our own penalty area when Carey tried to clear, and I just generally thought he has been better in other games.

Cotterill though, that was the best game I've seen him have for us. I think the guy is maturing quickly, and in the next couple of years he'll become a key player for us; if he isn't already.

For me, the novelty of Bas is about to wear off I'm afraid. Credit for the effort he puts in, but I don't think he's good enough overall.

I'm sorry but I didn't think Bas had a good game today. The guy spends far too much time diving for my liking.

He was winning a few more headers today, so fair play to him, but he made a nuisance of himself in our own penalty area when Carey tried to clear, and I just generally thought he has been better in other games.

If ever anyone needed evidence that the view from the Atyeo is crap then this is surely it. :dance:

Sorry mate but your having a laugh arn't you ?

You can't fault his effort and that was important today for an excellent team performance.

On an individual level, this guy is pure entertainment and quite frankly awful. He never looked a threat today and fell over dramatically in front of the Dolman holding his face when there was clearly no contact at all. He's terrible in the air for a big 'un and actually fell over the ball at one point.

I know it souds harsh to some, but please open your eyes everyone.

You can't fault his effort and that was important today for an excellent team performance.

On an individual level, this guy is pure entertainment and quite frankly awful. He never looked a threat today and fell over dramatically in front of the Dolman holding his face when there was clearly no contact at all. He's terrible in the air for a big 'un and actually fell over the ball at one point.

I know it souds harsh to some, but please open your eyes everyone.

I totally agree.

I like the guy because he's a 100%-er, but that doesn't make him a good player. He dives around far too much for my liking too.

Cardy, I appreciate good humour.

Savage like the rest of the City team was excellent today.He ran himself into the ground,played some neat touches and nice passes.He was a handfull for the Swansea defence.

I have two concerns about him - (1) as a striker he simply doesn't score anything like enough goals,nor does he get into many goalscoring positions. (2) For a tall guy his heading ability is awfull.He has no timing at all which is the main reason he misses so many high balls.Unfortunately timing is not something that can be taught.Its a natural phenomina and sadly I can't see Bas getting any better in the air no matter how hard he trains at it.

It has become apparent that Savage has changed peoples opinions of him mainly because I didn't hear one ironic cheer today when he controlled/headed/shot etc.

Usually it is every touch

There were a few ironic cheers around me in Dolman. He was better but still seems more a nuisance than a threat to me. Evening post liked his performance too

"That incident brought Williams his first booking and he was dismissed for a late challenge on Savage, whose close control was behind many of Bristol`s best attacks." - evening post

We seem to fall into three camps about Bas. There are those of us who appreciate his effort, enthusiasum and ability to get under the skins of oppositon defenders, those who don't rate him , and those, sad to say, who have a hugh racial hang up. In respect of the last group, and in particular those of you who sit in Dolman C, row J, around seats 10 and 11, you should be ashamed of yourselves. The team do not need you, the club do not want you and the vast majority of supporters do not share your views !

Guest Harvey9

We seem to fall into three camps about Bas. There are those of us who appreciate his effort, enthusiasum and ability to get under the skins of oppositon defenders, those who don't rate him , and those, sad to say, who have a hugh racial hang up

Spot on grenadared, i said this before and i was accused of making 'ludicrous accusations'

Archived