IGNORED

Calvin Andrew Signs On Loan

redseptember

From the main site:

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~775507,00.html

Calvin Andrew became Gary Johnson's latest loan signing today and trained with City for the first time.

The 19-year-old Luton Town striker has moved initially for a month, but does not rule out staying longer if things work out.

Calvin is 6ft 2ins and can play up front or wide on the left. He is left-footed and Gary believes he will add something different to City's attack.

The manager told bcfc.co.uk: "Calvin is strong and quick. He is also very mature for his age and has played a number of first team games for Luton.

"The fact that he can play in more than one position is also an attraction. He has a fierce desire to succeed and that is the sort of player I want in my squad."

Luton-born Calvin came through the youth ranks at Kenilworth Road. He progressed through the reserves and has made six first team starts, plus a further 13 appearances as a substitute.

Calvin has been allocated squad number 18, which was vacated when Scott Golbourne signed for Reading.

we need a older head who knows this div i hope this does not rule us out of signing hayter.

Don't think it does. Maybe not Hayter, but I think we'll get another striker. GJ said on Saturday that he had a new signing to announce today, plus someone on loan if he hadn't changed his mind over the weekend. Whether the new signing is another striker, we can only speculate, but if Andrew can play on the left as well, then it suggests that a striker is on his way.

Don't think it does. Maybe not Hayter, but I think we'll get another striker. GJ said on Saturday that he had a new signing to announce today, plus someone on loan if he hadn't changed his mind over the weekend. Whether the new signing is another striker, we can only speculate, but if Andrew can play on the left as well, then it suggests that a striker is on his way.

You're twisting his words. I think he said "I think we'll have at least new face in on Monday, probably on loan".

Guest mnporter2001

i would have thought he has been bought into play on the left (hopefully) that means we are still looking for another striker, i cant beleve this is g.j big announcment though,fingers crossed theres more to come

we need a older head who knows this div i hope this does not rule us out of signing hayter.

Ive seen a lot of posters saying we need expeience. I am just reading an article in today's Daily Mail about the country's in form team - Colchester. 7 of their starting 11 are under 23, an their age and lack of experience doesn't sem to be doing them any harm.

Erm.... PACE maybe??

exactly.

who gives a monkeys as long as he adds something. we should be thankful we can sign players like it goes out of fashion in this league. firstly because we can and secondly because we are a big draw at this level.

take a look at B'mth getting all excited about spending a sean o'driscollll record fee of 20k on a player. now that is interesting to say the least. !

From what he says on BCFC World he seems like he has his head screwed on. Nice bloke and seems ot want to achieve. Good luck to him

PS the world interview video is al sorts of messed up, starts at the end and end with the introduction, you also get a bit of Bradley Orrs video from last week, aswell as some GJ as a taster...

Good work :)

Why should the supporters be unhappy. We had a great win on Saturday. We've lost 1 in 10. The team looks settled, fit and confident. There are better deals to be done in the summer than now. All we need to do is stay up. Things have changed since GJ's 'this is not my team' comment'. We've got some cover in case of injuries.

Archived