IGNORED

Any Other Season Ticket Holders

Meh

Once again a deal is announced for cheap tickets (5 for the price of 4) for the pick of the remaining home games.

This is on top of various kid for a quid and other incentives.

Now, i'm all for getting new people in, but, I do feel that the value of my season ticket has diminished a lot over the season compared to various offers that could have been taken.

Added to this that we have had to sit through some absolute $hit trying to get our money's worth, whilst others sit on their arse watching Soccer Saturday waiting for Sex-tune to announce his next great incentive.

I know some of you will no doubt have a pop; after all, that is what this forum is mainly about for most, but, there is some truth in this.

Certainly, I will be thinking long and hard yet again before next season whether I think the Season Ticket is worth it, especially when you consider their will probably be another inflation-busting hike in prices.

Still, that will pay for promoting some more incentives for others! :whistle:

I must say i am starting to get more than a bit miffed!!

As a parent who had to pay the over the top rise on two kids st's and then see the reason for the rise not going ahead, the kid a quids where a bit galling, even if understandable.

But now to see yet another discount offered is really starting to take the p***!!!

I'm sure st's are still the cheapest option, but the margin is certainly shrinking!! And were you to have to miss any games then it would dissapear altogether, and these discounts only have to be paid for a few days before the tickets can start to be used, unlike a fully discounted st bought before the end of may!!

It is always dificult to get the other half to see the advantages of paying out close on £500 at the start of the summer, now it will be virtually impossible!!

One sollution might be to offer loyal current st holders a discount well above that for new applications!!!

A ''bl00dy lay about student'' I am.

An 18 hour week I work.

Peanuts is the currency I am paid in.

£100 hike up in price was my S/T this season.

They had better watch it I say.

Empty threat this is.

At the hands of the Club's mercy I am.

3/4 games a season I miss.

Could work out cheaper not to bother, considering all the incentives the Club offers non-S/T holders I feel.

I think yoda made a fair point, it must be a bit frustrating after buying a season ticket all of these money saving deals arise, but on the other hand it does increase the attendance and get the crowd going! I'm not a season ticket holder myself but i have been to all the games this season. i couldnt afford the season ticket at the beginning of the season :( + i get paid weekly so poor me

Didn't buy a season ticket for the value, don't care what they do with prices.

The more people in the crowd the better.

Nibor

I agree. I bought a season ticket because it's the best value way of going to every home game in the season. No matter what offers for individual games the board bring in, they won't be the same value for money as a season ticket.

I seem to remember that my first season of going to the Gate regularly was in 96/97 when the club often had offers for £3 for juveniles to get into the Dolman stand. The next season I got a season ticket (cost £23!!) and I was hooked in for life. These offers are a good way of attracting casual or non-regular fans into going to games, and anything positive that helps attract more fans has to be encouraged by the rest of us in my view.

There were a couple of other reasons for buying a season ticket at the beginning of the season.

1) The majority of fans thought that we would end up in the play-offs or automatically promoted. Buying a ST meant first refusal on tickets.

2) As above for cup games, who would of thought we would of got knocked out of all three in the first round?

3) My seat is reserved I can come in two minuted before kick off and not have to worry about getting a good view (Present pillars in the Williams excluded).

The first and foremost reason for my buying a ST is number 3

Yes I want value for money, but I would be prepared to pay for the advantages above.

I doubt if the current scheme would have been launched if we were in the top 10. It makes sense to try and boost funds for the final games as there might be nothing to play for.

It doesn't improve the atmosphere. You get a bunch of screaming kids, which is a bit annoying.

I think it is hard to take looking at kids able to get in for next to nothing, whilst others have paid very high sums of money to get in.

I must say i am starting to get more than a bit miffed!!

As a parent who had to pay the over the top rise on two kids st's and then see the reason for the rise not going ahead, the kid a quids where a bit galling, even if understandable.

But now to see yet another discount offered is really starting to take the p***!!!

I'm sure st's are still the cheapest option, but the margin is certainly shrinking!! And were you to have to miss any games then it would dissapear altogether, and these discounts only have to be paid for a few days before the tickets can start to be used, unlike a fully discounted st bought before the end of may!!

It is always dificult to get the other half to see the advantages of paying out close on £500 at the start of the summer, now it will be virtually impossible!!

One sollution might be to offer loyal current st holders a discount well above that for new applications!!!

easy solution don't buy a season ticket and just use the deals and stop moaning! and you can't really say that you didn't think there would be any offers on during the season! :doh:

easy solution don't buy a season ticket and just use the deals and stop moaning! and you can't really say that you didn't think there would be any offers on during the season! :doh:

I take it you'll be commending him as opposed to criticising him if he announces next seaon he didn't bother renewing?

I can't believe people can criticise somebody for actually investing such a large sum of money in to the club.

Exasperated I am.

Didn't buy a season ticket for the value, don't care what they do with prices.

The more people in the crowd the better.

Nibor

sorry, totally disagree.

i would much rather have 7,000 loyal season ticket holder pasionately cheering on the boys rather than 13,000, half of which are only there cus they had nothing better to do and could get cheap tickets. it totally ruins the atmospher.

it also shows no loyalty to s/t holders. is it by chance steve l closed his forum down the same time this 'special offer' was announced???

it also shows no loyalty to s/t holders. is it by chance steve l closed his forum down the same time this 'special offer' was announced???

We think alike.

My first thought when I read it, but, forgot to post in the original thread.

Thanks for raising it! :)

Ive never bought a season ticket as ive never been able to commit myself to the club every Saturday for the whole season.

If i was a ST holder, i would feel a bit miffed about special promotions on tickets that are announced mid season.

As an ST holder your still at an advantage though, if you add the cost of paying to see every home game including the promotion ticket prices I'm sure you would still come off the better, oh and you get priority on all ticket only games to i belive?

I can understand why some ST holders may be feeling a little "disenfranchised" with this news, but I am not.

I bought my ST to guarantee a good view, to be able to walk in at 2.55, get priority on cup tickets (doh!) & yes, save some dosh.

However, I have no problem with the club offering discounts to get bums on seats, as that is in the interest of all us ultimately.

Miffed I'm not.

If i was a ST holder, i would feel a bit miffed about special promotions on tickets that are announced mid season.

Why though? Being an ST holder is still the best value for money if you want to see every game in a season. Why should reduced price-per-match offers only be open to those who are able to shell out the full amount for a season ticket?

A ''bl00dy lay about student'' I am.

An 18 hour week I work.

Peanuts is the currency I am paid in.

£100 hike up in price was my S/T this season.

They had better watch it I say.

Empty threat this is.

At the hands of the Club's mercy I am.

3/4 games a season I miss.

Could work out cheaper not to bother, considering all the incentives the Club offers non-S/T holders I feel.

Get a job then you tax dodging, smoking, drinking layabout!

Get a job then you tax dodging, smoking, drinking layabout!

That would cover the '18 hour week I work' comment - I did mean, paid employment. Drinking, smoking AND dodging tax doesn't really happen in unison. (legally in this country anyway). Got my cynical hat on and so I'll add I'm surprised I'm not taxed to lay about as well!

I am feeling everso slightly over sensitive to criticism and so I'm hoping your post was made 'tongue in cheek'.

Peace to you anyway.

:city:

Why though? Being an ST holder is still the best value for money if you want to see every game in a season. Why should reduced price-per-match offers only be open to those who are able to shell out the full amount for a season ticket?

Sure thing, to be fair though i did pick up on the value for money thing later in my post. :)

I couldnt really afford to do it either way myself , thats why I'm limited to about half the home games and usualy one trip away per season. And if were really lucky a play off or LDV match! :dance:

kop38robin Posted Today, 4:09 PM

i understand your view mate, but the more bums on the seats the better support we need everyone down there screaming......COME ON YOU REDS!!

I reckon the best support we've had in a long time was against bradford and uddersfield though, when we were down to the bare bone die hards!!

I often find the bigger the gate the worst the atmosphere, although saturday wasn't too bad!!

Once again a deal is announced for cheap tickets (5 for the price of 4) for the pick of the remaining home games.

Now, i'm all for getting new people in, but, I do feel that the value of my season ticket has diminished a lot over the season compared to various offers that could have been taken.

Added to this that we have had to sit through some absolute $hit trying to get our money's worth, whilst others sit on their arse watching Soccer Saturday waiting for Sex-tune to announce his next great incentive.

I know some of you will no doubt have a pop; after all, that is what this forum is mainly about for most, but, there is some truth in this.

Certainly, I will be thinking long and hard yet again before next season whether I think the Season Ticket is worth it, especially when you consider their will probably be another inflation-busting hike in prices.

totally agree with you but its the same as its always been they get our money in and then don't care about us season ticket holders as they already have the money !

Archived