IGNORED

Luke W

buanryoh

Could he play upfront?

No.

What i mean is a kind of striker but back slighty,

In the hole? Yes but GJ won't change from 4-4-2.

basically what Bas Savage is doing for us at the moment.

:blink:Now you've lost me

We wouldn't depend on him to tackle (as much), and he could utilize his attacking ability, which we all know he has.

LW is a decent footballer however, as not one club has made a sensible offer for him since we bought him for £250k, incorrectly thinking he was a right winger and could replace Murray, three managers, including the one that bought him, can't find a place for him in a team that's six from bottom of Division Three.

I think it's fair to say that he's not exactly highly sought after due to his weaknesses and the fact that'll he'll miss a substantial piece of next season due to World Cup Cimmitments (if selected).

I listed strengths & weaknesses in a recent post and won't repeat them.

Yet another highly paid and costly player leaves for nothing.

Transfer fee, wages, signing on fee etc, I reckon he cost us almost £700k!!!

What i meant by Bas Savage comment is that most of the time Bas seems to be further back than Brooker and alot of the time running down the wings with the ball. This isn't a rant against Savage, I rate him, his position doesnt seem to be an out and out striker, nor someone who plays in the 'hole'. He perhaps has his own position, the 'Savage' if you will. Perhaps Luke could do just as good as Savage in that position 'Savage', if not better?

• Admin

Hopefully he gets back in.

Is there a chance he could be in the squad for this weekend??

I suspect so as since returning from the injury that made him lose his spot in the side he has regularly featured on the bench apart from when suffering from an illness.

The only factor that may stop this on Saturday being that it is an away game and as we all know, Luke doesn't tend to do very well away from home.

If it were at Ashton Gate I would be more confident in predicting a place on the bench for Wilks.

Archived