IGNORED

So A 19 Year Old Luton Reserve Player!

Portland Bill

Guest alex1089

There is something going on as comfirmed by the BBC radio bristol presenter, needs to be resolved between GJ and Stewy so they can crack on and let Stewy score some goals.

Sadly I don't think Stewart is fit enough to get though the whole 90 mins.

I see the point though, Stewart really needs to start games if he's to actually get fit, i don't know what the real problem is with his selection, we all know whats he's capable of so why are we not witnessing it every week?

Shame, not how i thought it would turn out to be.

Its becoming increasing worrying that there is an underlying problem here with Johnson and Stewart. This was noticed at the Supporters Trust launch. Negative body language speaks for itself. This needs to be addressed asap as we need the best out of ALL our players. Come on Stewie sort it out!! :angry:

I,m all for giving the lad a chance but i am still seething at the thought of letting bridges go. He scored his 8th goal for carlisle today. Take a read of the match report and you will feel sick. Michaels "brilliance" set up the first goal, and he scored the second after "some utterly magnificent individual play". GJ has a lot to answer for, as much as Bas may try he is not even close to MB.

Is a better player than Marcus Stewart then :dunno::dunno:

Thought the idea of a football manager was to put out a side with players who will win games. :dunno:

Not just be pigheaded, which is what he IS doing, about time our manager grew up a bit in my opinion :@ .

If GJ and Marcus Stewart cant sort there problems out, I think City should do the decent thing and Buy Stewarts contract up or at leasty offer a settlement. Also what is the point in having Noble on the bench when he's not fit to start. I am starting to think if GJ the right man?

Guest dogwood

Sadly I don't think Stewart is fit enough to get though the whole 90 mins.

I see the point though, Stewart really needs to start games if he's to actually get fit, i don't know what the real problem is with his selection, we all know whats he's capable of so why are we not witnessing it every week?

Shame, not how i thought it would turn out to be.

Why do people still think stewart is some golden answer , ? he IS supposed to be the fittest at the club, i agree he does,nt get the chance to shine in 90 mins, but he never will, he aint up to it, when he has played , he show,s no fire or pace or commitment, like today , just a shadow on the pitch , whatever his problem , he is showing No character for his supposed "beloved " club, we don,t need guys who have things to prove off the pitch , get real , the guy is and always has been an overpaid problem at ashton gate, not good for the team at this time .

Is a better player than Marcus Stewart then :dunno::dunno:

Thought the idea of a football manager was to put out a side with players who will win games. :dunno:

Not just be pigheaded, which is what he IS doing, about time our manager grew up a bit in my opinion :@ .

couldn't agree more mate, the situation is laughable. so far I've liked some of what GJ has done, but the savage or anyone else over stewart policy worries me big time, its a complete joke.

Why do people still think stewart is some golden answer , ? he IS supposed to be the fittest at the club, i agree he does,nt get the chance to shine in 90 mins, but he never will, he aint up to it, when he has played , he show,s no fire or pace or commitment, like today , just a shadow on the pitch , whatever his problem , he is showing No character for his supposed "beloved " club, we don,t need guys who have things to prove off the pitch , get real , the guy is and always has been an overpaid problem at ashton gate, not good for the team at this time .

His problem is the manager! How the hell can you show passion when you get treated like he does. I have started to believe GJ is not good for the club, A childish man

Its clear Johnson has no time for 'Big time Charlies' and finds he works better with unknown or raw, enthuiastic individuals.

I think in many respects this is good for the club, we want him to build a team which is as passionate about the club as we are, and importantly 100% commited to the gaffer. Tinnion signed them remembers and could have promised them starts, only to find GJ wants them to train like little buggers for their start.

So Stewart & Bridges probobly didnt/don't get any special treatment from GJ when he joined and expected them to lead by example, i don't think he saw that and instead found them to be a little arrogent in expecting to start based on their reputation only, i don't know i'm just looking for reasons as to why.

Maybe GJ would do well to swallow his pride and settle any issues with Stewart, like it or not he's at this club and he can do a terrific job given the chance......i think.

Why do people still think stewart is some golden answer , ? he IS supposed to be the fittest at the club

fittest at the club? you are joking right? :laugh:

we normally hear from managers that this situation relegation fight lets not kid ourselves needs experienced players in the team ie stewart not inexperienced players so why are we player:-

Savage 24 years old has scored 1 goal in 37 games in his career or

Andrews 19 years old has again scored 1 goal in 17 games instead of

Stewart 33 years old has scored 228 goals in 605 games

ok i know brooker was injured but i know who i would of played up front and i never played better than surbaban div 1

Johnson probably played Andrew because as someone who can play as a target man he's a natural replacement for Brooker. Savage isn't a targetman even if he is 9'6".

I'd have said that with an unknown quantity up front Johnson should have gone for a recognised goalscorer alongside him and put Stewart in for Savage.

To be honest though, our problem sounded like it wasn't up front, it sounded like it was the final ball, quite likely a consequence of having Noble out and Barnsley defending deep.

Nibor

I'm with the majority here. In our position we desperately need experience, and to go with two novices at a tough place like Barnsley borders on stupidity. MS has remained loyal, has not walked when he had the chance, and yet he gets treated like this. Lets hope Brooker recovers shortly and stays fit!

Guest dogwood

His problem is the manager! How the hell can you show passion when you get treated like he does. I have started to believe GJ is not good for the club, A childish man

So NOT playing for your so called beloved club is an ADULT response, ? :doh::doh: , please , the guy is a joke, on a good wage and does,nt have to break sweat , just bleat out every now and then how he loves the club, and gets hero worship, a player should show PASSION for the club , not the manager or anyone else, , thats been the WHOLE problem this season, sorting out that sort of player, and we now have a team thats getting there , slowly, playing AS a team , not sulking and non performing types.

Its clear Johnson has no time for 'Big time Charlies' and finds he works better with unknown or raw, enthuiastic individuals.

I think in many respects this is good for the club, we want him to build a team which is as passionate about the club as we are, and importantly 100% commited to the gaffer. Tinnion signed them remembers and could have promised them starts, only to find GJ wants them to train like little buggers for their start.

So Stewart & Bridges probobly didnt/don't get any special treatment from GJ when he joined and expected them to lead by example, i don't think he saw that and instead found them to be a little arrogent in expecting to start based on their reputation only, i don't know i'm just looking for reasons as to why.

Maybe GJ would do well to swallow his pride and settle any issues with Stewart, like it or not he's at this club and he can do a terrific job given the chance......i think.

fittest at the club? you are joking right? :laugh:

well when we get this hero worship for stewart at times , someone come s on and says he beat everyone at the club in recent fitness trials, hands down . he obviously does,nt want to show it off on the pitch too much though.

he obviously does,nt want to show it off on the pitch too much though.

That's utter rubbish. He hasn't had the chance to show it on the pitch since we fixed our walk through midfield and leaky defence and that's down to the manager's selection. Why GJ is not picking him is known only by him.

Nibor

The problem with stewart is that hes too good for us. His brain works faster than the players. He is an intelligent player who needs a good midfielder to give him the ball. He would be better off in the championship. Sadly he loves the club and would rather stay with us and get paid his salary. He is city through n through but I cant see us paying him his wages after the end of the season.

Guest dogwood

That's utter rubbish. He hasn't had the chance to show it on the pitch since we fixed our walk through midfield and leaky defence and that's down to the manager's selection. Why GJ is not picking him is known only by him.

Nibor

Oh Please, WHY is this guy so hero worshipped, ? i agree he has,nt been given a fair rub of the green , BUT , when he does , he DOES nothing, for Bristol City , THATS the CLUB he,s loves, ? i think he DOES have this i,m bigger than you attitude, if thats the case, why do bristol city fans agree with GJ when it comes to shipping out players that won,t or don,t play their all for the club, yet when it comes to I LOVE BRISTOL CITY marcus stewart it s GJ fault , ? when stewart plays he just goes through the motions as he did today , nothing more, , and never will , if he had any backbone apart from drifting along at city , he would have asked for a transfer, he,s quite happy as he is with the wages he is picking up thats for sure.

Oh Please, WHY is this guy so hero worshipped, ? i agree he has,nt been given a fair rub of the green , BUT , when he does , he DOES nothing, for Bristol City , THATS the CLUB he,s loves, ? i think he DOES have this i,m bigger than you attitude, if thats the case, why do bristol city fans agree with GJ when it comes to shipping out players that won,t or don,t play their all for the club, yet when it comes to I LOVE BRISTOL CITY marcus stewart it s GJ fault , ? when stewart plays he just goes through the motions as he did today , nothing more, , and never will , if he had any backbone apart from drifting along at city , he would have asked for a transfer, he,s quite happy as he is with the wages he is picking up thats for sure.

He's not hero worshipped. I believe he will score many more goals than Savage. The facts support this view. This is not hero worship, it is an opinion about football.

He won't leave because the one thing he wanted to do with the rest of his career was play for the club he supports. He's not even slightly bothered about wages since he's already financially secure for life and turned down bigger offers to come here.

When he plays, far from going through the motions, he does put a great deal of effort in. Perhaps because he's not chasing down every defender and running out to the corners you don't notice it so much as Savage but it is still there. You can't do what Savage does and score goals because you won't be in the right positions when it counts.

He has a bit too much passion sometimes which led to him picking up too many bookings. He wants to play, he wants to do his best and he isn't being given a chance to.

Nibor

Whats Stewart supposed to do score 3 goals in 10 minutes or so,Whatever his attitude is, it's as bad as the managers! Bristol City fans have not all agreed with the players he's got out.

I really cannot believe the anti-Stewart posts. We all know that he has not been as effective as he should have been, no argument there. All that we are saying is that he was the ONLY fit, experienced striker at the Club, and should have been selected to start. You are not going to win at Barnsley with a low-return striker like Bas and a guy with minimal experience making his debut.

The other point is that an experienced guy like Stewart is more likely to be effective starting a game, than coming on with just 20 minutes left. It is not about personalities now, it is a serious battle to avoid relegation.

By the way, I hope Phillips did well enough to keep his place!

Dogwood you are missing the point completly, the other lads arn't giving him 'hero worship' as you say, they are saying that surley anyone who has ever seen, played, or had anything to do with football would start him over bas savage or calvin andrews. you sound like a mug.

Guest dogwood

He's not hero worshipped. I believe he will score many more goals than Savage. The facts support this view. This is not hero worship, it is an opinion about football.

He won't leave because the one thing he wanted to do with the rest of his career was play for the club he supports. He's not even slightly bothered about wages since he's already financially secure for life and turned down bigger offers to come here.

When he plays, far from going through the motions, he does put a great deal of effort in. Perhaps because he's not chasing down every defender and running out to the corners you don't notice it so much as Savage but it is still there. You can't do what Savage does and score goals because you won't be in the right positions when it counts.

He has a bit too much passion sometimes which led to him picking up too many bookings. He wants to play, he wants to do his best and he isn't being given a chance to.

Nibor

i am afraid he is hero worshipped on here , strangely so . the facts do not support him scoring many goals, as there are no recent facts to support it, past glories mean nothing now , and in this division . as for his wages, i would think he IS interested, i would think negotiations over his wages were a big part of him coming here, maybe you know him personally , i don't, but i still believe if ANY player really loves a club, ANY chance he gets to shine on the pitch he would take, i aint seen marcus shine yet , and please don,t say he has a problem with G J , his club worship should be above that , AND being an adult, not take any personal problems out on the club .

i am afraid he is hero worshipped on here , strangely so . the facts do not support him scoring many goals, as there are no recent facts to support it, past glories mean nothing now , and in this division . as for his wages, i would think he IS interested, i would think negotiations over his wages were a big part of him coming here, maybe you know him personally , i don't, but i still believe if ANY player really loves a club, ANY chance he gets to shine on the pitch he would take, i aint seen marcus shine yet , and please don,t say he has a problem with G J , his club worship should be above that , AND being an adult, not take any personal problems out on the club .

I didn't say many goals, I said more than Savage, and the facts do support that. 5 goals in 15 league starts vs 1 in 10.

Money doesn't have anything to do with it. Stewart is already a millionaire a couple of times over.

Loving a club doesn't make you shine on the pitch. Stewart is a forward who relies on service, when he had a run in the team we weren't providing it. When we started to provide it, Stewart was suspended for one match and not recalled despite Savage's lack of goals.

I don't know if there's any problem between him and the manager, I imagine he's not happy about not starting but there's no reason to believe either of them isn't being professional.

Nibor

about time our manager grew up a bit in my opinion :@ .

Not going to happen until he gets 'his' team in January.

So at least we can now judge him by the willing but limited triers and the lower leaguers he puts out in City shirts.......

He wants Stewart out of the club. Simple as.

Guest dogwood

Dogwood you are missing the point completly, the other lads arn't giving him 'hero worship' as you say, they are saying that surley anyone who has ever seen, played, or had anything to do with football would start him over bas savage or calvin andrews. you sound like a mug.

so your only argument is to get personal , ? :doh::doh: , i am not referring to this thread, i am referring to all the threads i have read since the guy arrived, i am not convinced he LOVES this club as you all think . and i am not convinced he will save the club as you all think , he is NOT a commited player at the moment , and has,nt been since he arrived, no i don,t expect him to score 3 goals in a short time, but commitment and fire is what i like to see, if it had be another player, you all would have wanted him out. he was a good player yes, now, ? well time will tell . as for being a mug fella, if you have to get personal you have lost the argument , i have my opinion also if thats ok with you .

Archived