IGNORED

Home Truths

Rich-TWSC-

Howdy fellow OTIBers,

Sadly for some my return will not bring the joy it should, but hey-ho you can't be liked by everyone. Or can you? :blink:

When I decided that I wouldn't post here for a while, the reason was because it got way over the top, do some of you even know what you're arguing about sometimes? Anywho, I've looked at a couple of things without immediately reacting and I think my points are benefited by the fact I've had time to think about this.

So here goes, I will now end every argument that has raged upon OTIB in the last two weeks. Or merely re-fuel them! Some comments are are mainly agreed with some are not.

JAMES HAYTER: What were some of you possibly thinking? The AFCB chairman wasn't ever going to sell him to BCFC - It was a simple fact of him not wanting to upset his clubs fans. Why would he use his fans emotions to try and "up the price"? How people on OTIB interpreted this as "He wants to sign" or "I reckon he'll sign tomorrow" is beyond me. He might sign for you as a free agent but from the moment Peter Phillips made that statement there was never a chance of buying him. BCFC were foolish to persist because of this and wasted time when you could have persued someone else.

DEADLINE DAY: In my opinion this was a big muck-up on BCFC's behalf and you should have done better, Johnson has had his critics over loan signings and that's what you have to rely on from now on. Example? Look at Swindon in the first half of this season, 8 loanees c-rap form. Now Iffy has constructed a more permanant team and we've improved and got ourselves ever closer to survival. Most of you know the former point already.

OTIB: C'mon people it is just a forum - You're lucky to have one where the club are listening - A lot of you wasted/abused a very good thing in the Ask SteveL forum. If I were Lansdown I would have shut it down a while back because some of the comments were embarressing. I understand the argument that he is turning his back on the fans - But he isn't REALLY, he's still answering questions but quite correctly separating the wheat from the chaffe.

MARCUS STEWART SAGA: If Johnson isn't picking him when Brooker is unfit then you might aswell accept that he must go. There's something behind it - He is a proven goalscorer in the past but has rarely shown it for you... As long as you have Johnson as your manager the longer Stewart will rot on your bench. A lot of you appear to be in some sort of denial, maybe those who bought into the whole summer euphoria. Folks like Monsieur Savage are sub-standard to what you've attracted in the past, that's the side effect of being low in League One I'm afraid.

GENERAL: Alot of dented egos and pure denial has spread onto this forum, not alot of you would have expected the (I'm sure) frustration of the so close Wilson era to be followed up by what you've been subjected to, but you act like you're the only ones in that boat - Well, there are bigger clubs in bigger messes in the Football League. You have to get behind your team more... I swear a lot of your fans want BCFC to fail, don't - That's OUR job!!! (Rovers, Cardiff and Swindon etc).

Don't get offended by this. Make arguments, I won't reply to the "shut up Swindle scum" interlectual statements - Banter is obviously fine though!

I'm back

:shifty:

Glad to see you changed your mind Rich, always enjoyed reading your posts, I think we did make a mistake not forking out money for a bigger signing, (be it hayter or anyone else) I guess though only time will tell in this. I'm just glad that we kept Brooks and Luke, although I hope we don't make the mistake of letting him go on the cheap (or even at all) in the summer.

Glad to see you back, I always thought you talked sense and it's good to hear an 'outsiders' views. Can't argue with what you have written.

It's clear that we have let some players go way too easily and way too cheaply over the past few years, if only we could have put up a bit of a fight like some chairmen do.

Right now we have to stop bringing in all these loanees as it almost destroyed us a couple of months ago, the Sankofa twins, Quinn etc, and play with what we have left. I posted somewhere else that I thought stewart should be given a start and he will either come good or hang himself (not literally! before I am banned!!!). The only loans I want to see is if we intend making a signing of them in the summer, ie a Noble type loan rather than a madjo one!

Arpaul is right - why do fans from other clubs come on here and comment on all things Bristol City? I wouldn't have clue as what is going on at Swindon or even the Gas and yet people like Dr Faustus and TGSC seem to know all about the ongoings at AG.They can't get all their info from this site.... :dunno:

It must be that that they really City fans in all but name. :ph34r: I certainly would not be able to enter into any debate about Swindon or the Gas if it involved discussing the players,the board or the manager even if I were to visit thier forums.

Odd......

Let me get this straight.....

the reason you decided to request your login deleted was purely because a teams forum which you don't support went ott on the odd occasion and you clearly got annoyed with that?

Do you support Bristol City??? who gives you the right to bang on about fans saying who we may or may not get, and what is right or wrong with OUR forum?? you are merely a guest.

If your not happy about BCFC fans speculating then leave, and actually leave, not say you will, then come back and say the reason why you were leaving is because of the fans on the forum of a team you don't support were getting OTT ######, no sympathy from me, you should of left.

what do we have to do? All say sorry, and we will be all non speculative, or be how we are on our own forum so a swindon fan will stay?

Guest Cary Grant supported City

Howdy fellow OTIBers,

Sadly for some my return will not bring the joy it should, but hey-ho you can't be liked by everyone. Or can you? :blink:

When I decided that I wouldn't post here for a while, the reason was because it got way over the top, do some of you even know what you're arguing about sometimes? Anywho, I've looked at a couple of things without immediately reacting and I think my points are benefited by the fact I've had time to think about this.

So here goes, I will now end every argument that has raged upon OTIB in the last two weeks. Or merely re-fuel them! Some comments are are mainly agreed with some are not.

JAMES HAYTER: What were some of you possibly thinking? The AFCB chairman wasn't ever going to sell him to BCFC - It was a simple fact of him not wanting to upset his clubs fans. Why would he use his fans emotions to try and "up the price"? How people on OTIB interpreted this as "He wants to sign" or "I reckon he'll sign tomorrow" is beyond me. He might sign for you as a free agent but from the moment Peter Phillips made that statement there was never a chance of buying him. BCFC were foolish to persist because of this and wasted time when you could have persued someone else.

DEADLINE DAY: In my opinion this was a big muck-up on BCFC's behalf and you should have done better, Johnson has had his critics over loan signings and that's what you have to rely on from now on. Example? Look at Swindon in the first half of this season, 8 loanees c-rap form. Now Iffy has constructed a more permanant team and we've improved and got ourselves ever closer to survival. Most of you know the former point already.

OTIB: C'mon people it is just a forum - You're lucky to have one where the club are listening - A lot of you wasted/abused a very good thing in the Ask SteveL forum. If I were Lansdown I would have shut it down a while back because some of the comments were embarressing. I understand the argument that he is turning his back on the fans - But he isn't REALLY, he's still answering questions but quite correctly separating the wheat from the chaffe.

MARCUS STEWART SAGA: If Johnson isn't picking him when Brooker is unfit then you might aswell accept that he must go. There's something behind it - He is a proven goalscorer in the past but has rarely shown it for you... As long as you have Johnson as your manager the longer Stewart will rot on your bench. A lot of you appear to be in some sort of denial, maybe those who bought into the whole summer euphoria. Folks like Monsieur Savage are sub-standard to what you've attracted in the past, that's the side effect of being low in League One I'm afraid.

GENERAL: Alot of dented egos and pure denial has spread onto this forum, not alot of you would have expected the (I'm sure) frustration of the so close Wilson era to be followed up by what you've been subjected to, but you act like you're the only ones in that boat - Well, there are bigger clubs in bigger messes in the Football League. You have to get behind your team more... I swear a lot of your fans want BCFC to fail, don't - That's OUR job!!! (Rovers, Cardiff and Swindon etc).

Don't get offended by this. Make arguments, I won't reply to the "shut up Swindle scum" interlectual statements - Banter is obviously fine though!

I'm back

Quite a long post from you!.

I take it that the Girlfriend went to bed early last night then?.

:whistle:

Guest DrFaustus

Arpaul is right - why do fans from other clubs come on here and comment on all things Bristol City? I wouldn't have clue as what is going on at Swindon or even the Gas and yet people like Dr Faustus and TGSC seem to know all about the ongoings at AG.They can't get all their info from this site.... :dunno:

It must be that that they really City fans in all but name. :ph34r: I certainly would not be able to enter into any debate about Swindon or the Gas if it involved discussing the players,the board or the manager even if I were to visit thier forums.

Odd......

Robbo, I visit this site because it's fun! As for knowing about the goings on at the Gate, when you live where I do..it's inevitable. It's all they ever moan talk about in Briz. ;) as for entering into debate, it may have escaped your notice, but most of my drivel is barely related to City's abilities or lack of them. Smut, innuendo, banter and protecting the good name of my caprine pals is more the order of the day.

Anyway, you ARE registered on our site.

Robbo, I visit this site because it's fun! As for knowing about the goings on at the Gate, when you live where I do..it's inevitable. It's all they ever moan talk about in Briz. ;) as for entering into debate, it may have escaped your notice, but most of my drivel is barely related to City's abilities or lack of them. Smut, innuendo, banter and protecting the good name of my caprine pals is more the order of the day.

DrF,

I have a friend who wants to know what "caprine" means. Any chance you could oblige me him?

Howdy fellow OTIBers,

I'm back

So your coming back has nothing to do with Swindon putting a few wins together and maybe looking like they might pull out of the relegation zone then?

Guest DrFaustus

DrF,

I have a friend who wants to know what "caprine" means. Any chance you could oblige me him?

I'll happily tell you your friend, Chivs. It means related to goats as in porcine and Gary Johnson.

The Dr is not doing his cohorts many favours when he uses the word 'caprine' to describe them. - It means 'goat like'. Porcine is 'pig like' and so the Dr is insulting our manager......

Yep - I am registered on the gas forum but rarely post on there.I do read it from time to time but frankly,its dull....

So your coming back has nothing to do with Swindon putting a few wins together and maybe looking like they might pull out of the relegation zone then?

That pretty much sums up OTIB - There's always a sinister motive conspiracy theory. Why on earth would I gloat over being in the relegation zone, one point behind you?

Makes no sense.

:blink:

Robbored - A fair point but I have plenty of valid reasons all to0 boring to explain, again. I enjoy it on here.

Atticus - I'm pretty sure you're a bitter drunk of some sorts - Always trying to start a fight. For shame.

Guest Harvey9

Why don't people just get off of Rich's and The Doc's back? Regardless of the club they support they are good posters, thats all that counts in my eyes.

Guest DrFaustus

Why don't people just get off of Rich's and The Doc's back? Regardless of the club they support they are good posters, thats all that counts in my eyes.

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said since 'do one you pikey sag goat-shagger' became unfashionable. Your payment is in a brown paper bag stuck in the wall by Aldi in St George. Shhhhh.

Guest Harvey9

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said since 'do one you pikey sag goat-shagger' became unfashionable. Your payment is in a brown paper bag stuck in the wall by Aldi in St George. Shhhhh.

I'll pick it up later Doc :D

If I do a spot of a$$ licking will it compensate for my oh so well thought out ''shut up Swindle Scummer'' funness? Deal?

I love you and think you are great! I am your biggest fan and have just got a license to set up a fan club in your honour now for the bit I've been looking forward to.......

''Shut up you Swindle Scummer!!!''

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Why don't people just get off of Rich's and The Doc's back?

Because its fun and cheers me up when things are getting dull. I reckon The Dr. would almost be offended if we stopped taking the pi$$, the nomad inbread pikey that he is.

goat-shagger'

You shouldn't really knock it untill you've tried it I will add.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

....tender is the touch of someone that you love too much.... (Blur)

MARCUS STEWART SAGA: If Johnson isn't picking him when Brooker is unfit then you might aswell accept that he must go.

Rich - thanks for your well-balanced post. The Marcus stewart issue isn't quite as simple as you suggest though. If he doesn't want to go then he wont go and he can't be forced out. He is settled in Bristol, has decent wages, has signed for the club he supports and is in the twilight of his career.

He will either stay for reasons of money and the comfort zone and sit out his contract on the bench or, to be less harsh, because he has unfinished business and professional pride means he doesn't want to be seen as a flop for the club he supports. We can't see into his mind so speculation on his motives is a bit futile. But, regardless, it seems he will stay.

I think GJ is a good man manager but he only wants to manage players who fit into his style of play and that revolves around high energy pacy forwards. Shame really as Marcus Stewart is 9 years younger than Sherringham and, like TS, he has never relied on pace, having played in the premiership he should be able to shine as a league 1 version of Sherringham. There is no doubt Johnson would have loved to move him and wiltshire on as the removal of their wages would have freed up cash for two quality players.

On a separate note I'll be interested to see if Reading can hang on to Lita. When/if they get promoted his value is going to multiply and his goals per game ratio remains impressive. With a large sell on clause then there is the possibility of a 2 or 3m bonus for us next season. He's likely to stay with Reading but starnger things have happened. I think SL confirmed there was a high % sell-on clause if it is anything approaching 40% then a sale of Leroy for 5m could prove more than useful.

Archived