IGNORED

Did Anyone Hear Johnson On Gwr Today?

Steve Watts

Firstly, I'm neither a Savage or Stewart worshipper, just a BCFC fan who try's to look at a situation with neutral position. Afterall, we all want us to avoid that drop!

Let's be honest, were not scoring goals, yet on the bench we have a professional who has got paid for his entire career, to do just that, score goals, and score them by the bucket full he has.

The only reason he hasn't scored many goals this season is due to the fact that for the vast majority of the time he has spent on the pitch he has been starved on any form of decent service. So bad was it at the start of the season, that MS had to keep dropping deeper and deeper to pick up the ball and try to bring a bit of quality to our attack, a job that our current midfield are more than capable of doing, hence MS can concentrate on what he is good at and that putting the ball in the back of the net, because surely he is the 'best' goalscorer we have in our squad, on evidence of his form over recent seasons.

I can see all the attributes that Savage brings to our team, and his selection in our squad has some justification, but the decision to start a player brought in on loan, who as I understand has no great goal scoring record, who hasn't trained to any great length with our squad and has little knowledge of the players around him borders on negligence.

Firstly, I'm neither a Savage or Stewart worshipper, just a BCFC fan who try's to look at a situation with neutral position. Afterall, we all want us to avoid that drop!

Let's be honest, were not scoring goals, yet on the bench we have a professional who has got paid for his entire career, to do just that, score goals, and score them by the bucket full he has.

The only reason he hasn't scored many goals this season is due to the fact that for the vast majority of the time he has spent on the pitch he has been starved on any form of decent service. So bad was it at the start of the season, that MS had to keep dropping deeper and deeper to pick up the ball and try to bring a bit of quality to our attack, a job that our current midfield are more than capable of doing, hence MS can concentrate on what he is good at and that putting the ball in the back of the net, because surely he is the 'best' goalscorer we have in our squad, on evidence of his form over recent seasons.

I can see all the attributes that Savage brings to our team, and his selection in our squad has some justification, but the decision to start a player brought in on loan, who as I understand has no great goal scoring record, who hasn't trained to any great length with our squad and has little knowledge of the players around him borders on negligence.

I wholehartedly agree with this intire statement.....but GJ is the boss and he makes the decisions. We can't make a difference to squad choice no matter how loud we type.. :doh:

Bottom line !

Bristol City last 5 games.......5 points.......5 goals.

GJ, thats not good enough to get us out of the drop zone!

We need goals GJ, we also need you to select a team that can score better, and thats very very clear to the fans.

Thats your job, now get it done, or get paid for another line of work.

Actually yes it probably is...

I can see why GJ picks Savage but I think we've got a good midfield now and we should set up more chances for Stewart now. But Brooker might not play aswell because i've noticed that teams have a couple of defenders on Savage and Brookers left free. Our form has been better but I think it's more the midfield than Savage

Watched the Shearer documantary on sky last night, he said "a strikers job is to score goals, that's what he's paid to do"

whilst everyone is going on about the Savage/Stewart, Brooker/Savage Brooker/Stewart debate, you could even look at Brookers record if you wish.

Brooker has only scored on 3 occasions in the last 19 games, hardly prolific, yet no one picks up on that point, ok, he has scored in 3 of the last 10 games, but the Brooker/Savage combination has only scored on 4 of their last 9 pairings, once again, hardly prolific for a striker combo that 'seem' to compliment each other so well.

Exactly, there has been nothing but hyped up praise for Brooker all season no matter what he does, but people forget that as a STRIKER there job is to score goals primarily isnt it? :dunno:

This is a very good point! Needs to be highlighted to be honest! However, these Stewart fans will still pick up on Bas!

Ok Bas Savage number 1 fan.

Archived