IGNORED

Did Anyone Hear Johnson On Gwr Today?

Steve Watts

He was supposed to be speaking on the Bush & Troy show at half 7 this morning to reveal his excuses...ahem...reasons why MS hasn't been playing. I had to leave for work though, so didn't hear it....anybody????

[/quote

Yes, i did, said was getting loads and loads of fans asking him to give Marcus Stewart a start up front.

His reply was something like, ive got a squad of 22 to pick from, when we don't score a goal Marcus is always brought up in a question to me.

When we score a goal his name aint mentioned.

Its my decision, and i pick the team i think is the correct one for each game.

Basically saying NO ONE will influence in him starting with MS. No tome for him ,me thinks, which is sad!!!!!

So if we lose 3-1 with Brooker getting the only goal for us and Bas Savage prancing around up front, what will he say then?

There is a distinct lack of goals in our 'first team' and unless Savage goes on a goal fest for the rest of the season, I doubt we'll score shed loads leading up to it.

MM

Fair play to GJ, he is the manager and he does know the team best! No player is bigger than the club, and players not in the team obviously are not impressing him in training, which we do not know!

No, I'm not a manager and never have been but I've been in football (playing and watching) long enough to know that it isn't are best team if useless Bas Savage starts.

Guest Harry Dolman

No, I'm not a manager and never have been but I've been in football (playing and watching) long enough to know that it isn't are best team if useless Bas Savage starts.

If you've really been in football for a long time & have watched City a lot recently, then I am astounded that you would describe Baz as "useless".

If you've really been in football for a long time & have watched City a lot recently, then I am astounded that you would describe Baz as "useless".

Come on - Savage has scored 1 in 12 apperances, you think thats good for a striker?

Ok he helps Brooker but it's not anything that Stewart could do. Hope I can be proved wrong and will happily eat humble pie but I very much doubt it.

Come on - Savage has scored 1 in 12 apperances, you think thats good for a striker?

Ok he helps Brooker but it's not anything that Stewart could do. Hope I can be proved wrong and will happily eat humble pie but I very much doubt it.

And Stewart has been so prolific since hes been with city! Savage is a team player! But as i keep saying, its not up to us fans, but it is up to use to support the manager and the team! Why do people have to keep slating Bas or Stewy! There part of a squad!!!

Guest Harry Dolman

I agree Bas' scoring record is poor. But I do think his overall contribution to the team is good & it is not at all coincedental that his performances have come at the same time as our best form of the season.

Savage is more mobile than MS & is prepared & able to pick the ball up & run at players (something MS can't do).

I am in no way anti- MS - he is obviously a good player. In a team full of sharp accurate passers of the ball I am sure he would look much better. Unfortunately right here, right now, we're not that team & it seems to be that Savage is more likely to make something out of a bad ball & retain possession that MS.

And Stewart has been so prolific since hes been with city! Savage is a team player! But as i keep saying, its not up to us fans, but it is up to use to support the manager and the team! Why do people have to keep slating Bas or Stewy! There part of a squad!!!

Savage is supposed to be a STRIKER in my books means scoring GOALS! Yes he is a team player,so is Noble, Carey etc.... I heard GJ on rad Bris he said " Marcus understands there are other players to chose from, and he has no problem with that!! He speaks out of his backside, if he thinks Stewart has not a problem with a total outsider coming straight in the team. The more i hear the RUBBISH that comes out of Johnsons, makes me think how the hell did he become a manager.

I agree Bas' scoring record is poor. But I do think his overall contribution to the team is good & it is not at all coincedental that his performances have come at the same time as our best form of the season.

Savage is more mobile than MS & is prepared & able to pick the ball up & run at players (something MS can't do).

I am in no way anti- MS - he is obviously a good player. In a team full of sharp accurate passers of the ball I am sure he would look much better. Unfortunately right here, right now, we're not that team & it seems to be that Savage is more likely to make something out of a bad ball & retain possession that MS.

Opinions, when Robins came here on loan, he never showed ball skills, or take players on, he was there for what he did best. Put that ball in the net, never heard the fans moaning then.

Savage is supposed to be a STRIKER in my books means scoring GOALS! Yes he is a team player,so is Noble, Carey etc.... I heard GJ on rad Bris he said " Marcus understands there are other players to chose from, and he has no problem with that!! He speaks out of his backside, if he thinks Stewart has not a problem with a total outsider coming straight in the team. The more i hear the RUBBISH that comes out of Johnsons, makes me think how the hell did he become a manager.

Opinions, when Robins came here on loan, he never showed ball skills, or take players on, he was there for what he did best. Put that ball in the net, never heard the fans moaning then.

Why bother then! If you cant support the team and take your blinkers off, then don't bother coming to AG.

You have got to be one of the worst blinkered MS fans about! At least most see both sides of the arguement!

Just try to see it yourself! Its not about individuals. Its a TEAM game!

Guest Harry Dolman

Re Robins - I think that was the season we outscored pretty much every team in the league. I have no doubt that if we were a massively creative team, then MS would score (& outscore Bas). But we are not a massively creative team. We are a relegation threatened team in a real dog fight. Despite that we are actually on a decent run of form, but that has largely been down to a particular pattern of play, which Bas has contributed to.

I am not sure how Johnson (or in fact anyone) "becomes" a manager, however I would suggest his record of success in recent years means that he must have got the hang of it.

Guest Harry Dolman

ok lets run with the theory that Johnson hates MS.

MS played in the 4-2 home defeat to Chesterfield.

The following week he was dropped at Donny as we went 4-5-1.

Immediately he regained his place against Bradford, & played again the next game v Hudders.

Only after being suspended, thus having to miss a game did he then lose his place. Him losing his place coincided (maybe despite/maybe because of) with our best run of the season & he has struggled to get his place back.

How come Johnson has only decided he hates him since he had to miss a game through suspension ??? Why didn't he just banish him to the reserves after the hand grenade ???

ok lets run with the theory that Johnson hates MS.

MS played in the 4-2 home defeat to Chesterfield.

The following week he was dropped at Donny as we went 4-5-1.

Immediately he regained his place against Bradford, & played again the next game v Hudders.

Only after being suspended, thus having to miss a game did he then lose his place. Him losing his place coincided (maybe despite/maybe because of) with our best run of the season & he has struggled to get his place back.

How come Johnson has only decided he hates him since he had to miss a game through suspension ??? Why didn't he just banish him to the reserves after the hand grenade ???

Well stated! The theory holds no water for me!

Morn mate, simple DITTO to everything youve just quoted.....

Watched the Shearer documantary on sky last night, he said "a strikers job is to score goals, that's what he's paid to do"

whilst everyone is going on about the Savage/Stewart, Brooker/Savage Brooker/Stewart debate, you could even look at Brookers record if you wish.

Brooker has only scored on 3 occasions in the last 19 games, hardly prolific, yet no one picks up on that point, ok, he has scored in 3 of the last 10 games, but the Brooker/Savage combination has only scored on 4 of their last 9 pairings, once again, hardly prolific for a striker combo that 'seem' to compliment each other so well.

Guest Harry Dolman

He's probably saying...

"Stewart is starting on Saturday but it's not because YOU made me do it!"

;)

If MS does play on Sat, then I dearly hope the above to be true. A manager picking the team to appease the fans is on the road to ruin........

It was complete madness for Johnson to leave Stewart on the bench last saturday and start with two 'strikers' who have less than three career goals between them.

I don't usually get wound up about team selections but if the reason Stewart is not playing is due to a rift then I feel strongly that Johnson needs to look at the needs of the team ahead of any personal feelings towards a player.

Johnson won't publically say why he's not playing Stewart and I don't buy all this 'theres no rift' spin - after all he would say that wouldn't he? What other reason is there for not playing him/ - certainly imo there no footballing reason.

Guest Harry Dolman

Watched the Shearer documantary on sky last night, he said "a strikers job is to score goals, that's what he's paid to do"

whilst everyone is going on about the Savage/Stewart, Brooker/Savage Brooker/Stewart debate, you could even look at Brookers record if you wish.

Brooker has only scored on 3 occasions in the last 19 games, hardly prolific, yet no one picks up on that point, ok, he has scored in 3 of the last 10 games, but the Brooker/Savage combination has only scored on 4 of their last 9 pairings, once again, hardly prolific for a striker combo that 'seem' to compliment each other so well.

Its a fair point Mercury, none of our strikers are in good scoring form & whilst overall play from Brooker has been good his goals return for the season (along with all our other strikers) is poor.

Lack of goals doesn't especially bother me - if we can eke out 1-0 wins then I'll be happy. The fact that we didn't create a chance at Barnsley is more of a concern to me. Brentford are one of the best defensive sides in the league & I think unless Murray & Cotts are on good form, we will really struggle to break them down.

Johnson won't publically say why he's not playing Stewart and I don't buy all this 'theres no rift' spin - after all he would say that wouldn't he? What other reason is there for not playing him/ - certainly imo there no footballing reason.

Unless he just thinks he's too slow for our style of play.

I agree the situation is a bit odd, but it really doesn't seem unfathomable to me that a manager prefers a combo of pace/power upfront.

I know MS has a good scoring record in the past, but not this season.

This is a very good point! Needs to be highlighted to be honest! However, these Stewart fans will still pick up on Bas!

I've been in football (playing and watching) long enough to know that it isn't are best team if useless Bas Savage starts.

So not actually long enough, then. He's not useless. Can't be bothered to get into another Bas vs Marcus debate because we've all done it to death. But calling Bas 'useless' suggests you either don't go to all the games, you don't know a decent player when you see one or you are too pig-headed to change your mind when a player demonstrates your initial reaction was wrong.

So not actually long enough, then. He's not useless. Can't be bothered to get into another Bas vs Marcus debate because we've all done it to death. But calling Bas 'useless' suggests you either don't go to all the games, you don't know a decent player when you see one or you are too pig-headed to change your mind when a player demonstrates your initial reaction was wrong.

Only missed 3 games home and away this season so it won't that. In a later post I've said i'll quite happily eat humble pie if does turn the corner and turns into a 'decent' player. Though I can't see it - tbh Savage reads the game worse than Wayne Rooney can read a book. He doesn't gamble on the loose balls which strikers should be doing.

Bottom line !

Bristol City last 5 games.......5 points.......5 goals.

GJ, thats not good enough to get us out of the drop zone!

We need goals GJ, we also need you to select a team that can score better, and thats very very clear to the fans.

Thats your job, now get it done, or get paid for another line of work.

Bottom line !

Bristol City last 5 games.......5 points.......5 goals.

GJ, thats not good enough to get us out of the drop zone!

Last 11 games ..... 19 points which is good enough to get us out of the relegation zone

Last 18 games .... 19 points

Statistics statistics statistics that 'glass half empty science'

Archived