IGNORED

Drogba Claims He Is The Best Player In Africa

Northern Red

This post is not meant to cause offence, but it would seem that a fair chunk of the well known African strikers are arrogant prats. Diouf first, then Mido, and now Drogba, is this going to continue?

Didier Drogba has claimed that he is a better player than Samuel Eto'o, but Eto'o gets more credit because he 'knows how to publicise himself'.....

....yes Didier, as well as being able to score goals, take penalties, stay on his feet and not bitch and moan to the referee at every given opportunity.

eto'o s pen miss actulley put camoroon out of the cup :dance:

but drogbra is crap, and eto'o the best player from africa.

African players are arrogant and so is african football in general. The african nations cup was awful and blatenly fixed. I lost count of the dodgy pens awareded to the hosts!

This post is not meant to cause offence, but it would seem that a fair chunk of the well known African strikers are arrogant prats. Diouf first, then Mido, and now Drogba, is this going to continue?

It's weird isn't it ? They seem to be snide, cheating prima donnas, with a vastly inflated opinion of themselves. No idea why though.

Drogba, like a African Emile Heskey. Crap. Can't belive he gets a look in with the likes of Crespo.

I'm certain Chelsea will bring in a big name striker this summer and if Jose thinks Eto's a better player Drogba will be out, what Jose wants jose gets, or is that Leo?

Eto i expect will join Chelsea, or Arsenal becuase Henry is 100% off to Barca! :dance:

Guest HampshireCider

your right ciderhider, arsenal fans are fools if they think henrey will sign. his new deal has been left unsigned for over a month now. henry to barca!!

It's weird isn't it ? They seem to be snide, cheating prima donnas, with a vastly inflated opinion of themselves. No idea why though.

Oh, no, cos there aren't any white, European players who are snide, cheating prima donnas with vastly inflated opinions of themselves, are there?! Or South American, or Asian, etc.

You get that wherever you go in the world; Africa is no better or worse. As the other topic of the Kahn/Lehman debate proves...

Oh, no, cos there aren't any white, European players who are snide, cheating prima donnas with vastly inflated opinions of themselves, are there?! Or South American, or Asian, etc.

:laugh:

nice.

i wonderd how long a thread critisisng african football would go before somone played the race card :doh:

You get that wherever you go in the world; Africa is no better or worse. As the other topic of the Kahn/Lehman debate proves...

I didn't say there weren't. I'm not claiming it's anything to do with their race at all, and I don't like what you're insinuating.

:laugh:

nice.

i wonderd how long a thread critisisng african football would go before somone played the race card :doh:

It's not about race, it's lazy ignorant stereotypes that are totally out of date. You know the same stereotypes from the 1980s that said black players were too lazy to be defenders.

Generalising and calling all African players cheats or prima donnas or whatever is just as much a lazy stereotype.

It's not about race, it's lazy ignorant stereotypes that are totally out of date. You know the same stereotypes from the 1980s that said black players were too lazy to be defenders.

Generalising and calling all African players cheats or prima donnas or whatever is just as much a lazy stereotype.

the thread was/is about african football/ People are commentating on what they had seen during the tournement.

THey did not say this before the tournement had started!

the thread was/is about african football/ People are commentating on what they had seen during the tournement.

THey did not say this before the tournement had started!

Accepted that this thread is about the tournament specifically, but these sorts of generalisations have been made by people about African football for years. The image we're getting from some of these players who now play in the Premiership is helping to change those attitudes, but they haven't gone completely.

It's similar to the way a lot of people assume that all thrid world countries are corrupt dictatorships!

Archived