IGNORED

Johnson Lost Us The Game

Chivs

What a dire game of football!

I can honestly say that as the first half progressed I just knew that we were going to lose 0-1. And so it came to be.

But, the loss was aided by Johnson's incredibly inept double substitution that changed the formation to 4-3-3 ish.

Will Johnson explain himself? I thought we had built up a head of steam just before the substitutions. Then we introduced Stewart (please, will all the Stewart fans now except that he is well past his best and an unwanted luxury) and Andrews. This was the first time that I have seen Andrews and hopefully the last. He is another of Johnson's mystery signings. Does anyone think he is better than Gillespie? Did Johnson's brother get paid for this loan?

We started with two new defenders at the back. Green looked OK and Fontaine was so-so but does anyone think they shone out? These Johnson loans are beginning to fit a pattern. The pattern being that they are crap and get sent back to their clubs (Joseph, Youga etc) while the original players (Woodman) perform at least as well. I appreciate that Woodman and Carey weren't available today but Keogh and Partridge were.

Why did we start with Wilkshire who last made a tackle in 1993. Presumably Johnson knows that Brentford are a physical team. My gran could out-tackle Wilkshire and she's been dead 10 years.

Finally, if even Brooker doesn't bother to try you know that we are in trouble.

I'm still (just) willing to give Johnson the benefit of the doubt. We were excellent against Swansea for instance. However, his decisions are looking increasingly bizarre.

I can honestly say that as the first half progressed I just knew that we were going to lose 0-1. And so it came to be.

But, the loss was aided by Johnson's incredibly inept double substitution that changed the formation to 4-3-3 ish.

Will Johnson explain himself? I thought we had built up a head of steam just before the substitutions. Then we introduced Stewart (please, will all the Stewart fans now except that he is well past his best and an unwanted luxury) and Andrews. This was the first time that I have seen Andrews and hopefully the last. He is another of Johnson's mystery signings. Does anyone think he is better than Gillespie? Did Johnson's brother get paid for this loan?

We started with two new defenders at the back. Green looked OK and Fontaine was so-so but does anyone think they shone out? These Johnson loans are beginning to fit a pattern. The pattern being that they are crap and get sent back to their clubs (Joseph, Youga etc) while the original players (Woodman) perform at least as well. I appreciate that Woodman and Carey weren't available today but Keogh and Partridge were.

Why did we start with Wilkshire who last made a tackle in 1993. Presumably Johnson knows that Brentford are a physical team. My gran could out-tackle Wilkshire and she's been dead 10 years.

I'm still (just) willing to give Johnson the benefit of the doubt. We were excellent against Swansea for instance. However, his decisions are looking increasingly bizarre.

The change of formation that came from the double substitution which made the game more congested when it needed to be spread out did cost our team the game. The other major clanger Johnson dropped today was the inclusion of Wilkshire - he id dead wood and needs to be shipped out as soon as we can. No fight in him at all.

I must admit that we did miss Cotterill on the right of midfield and it looked as if we lost a lot of width especially after the substitutions were made. Stewart got a huge cheer when he came on butdidnt do much apart from firing a powerful shot at the keeper. Andrew i thought did OK, he has a lot of pace and was willing to chase things down but i thought he should have done much better with his chance.

The defence wasnt that bad today but i think we did miss Woodman and Carey. Keogh was an option but i don't see the point of calling Partridge back for one game especially after the way hes been playing recently.

So are your posts looking bizarre, Partridge is on loan at MK Dons!!

Guest alex1089

Andrew did nothing wrong what-so-ever, showed a good turn of pace and had a hard chance to score, got a knock which then made him less effective, someone that deserves a big chance. Stewart was simply terrible and hopefully everyone can see that now. I wouldn't say johnson lost us the game to be honest because that was the time in the game where we started dominating and could have scored with brooker, stewart and Andrew chances.

Admit your error, Partridge was NOT available Never mind who let him go on loan, how can you say he was available?

Admit your error, you don't know who sent him out on loan. It was Johnson. Therefore, Johnson and only Johnson is responsible for his availability. Nevertheless, Johnson is bringing in loans who are no better than Partridge. This is bizarre and costly, don't you agree?

No more benefit, a manager who don't know what he,s doing I'm afraid

Admit your error, you don't know who sent him out on loan. It was Johnson. Therefore, Johnson and only Johnson is responsible for his availability. Nevertheless, Johnson is bringing in loans who are no better than Partridge. This is bizarre and costly, don't you agree?

Chivs, me 2 mate, the wifes just gone to bed, comment, theres more important things than BCFC to deal with.

Well not tonight mate, were in the sh....e like it or not

It was a dreadful performance by two poor teams. The difference between the two was that Brentford looked like scoring when going forward, whereas City would still be playing now and still would't have found the back of the net.

Not one player distinguished themselves today, can hardly believe the transformation from a squad which were more than up for it against Swansea two weeks ago.

Forty long and sometimes painful years supporting BCFC and l don't know who sent Partridge out on loan???

I refuse to have a battle of wit with an unarmed opponent, end of.

Forty long and sometimes painful years supporting BCFC and l don't know who sent Partridge out on loan???

I refuse to have a battle of wit with an unarmed opponent, end of.

Have to agree Ronnie. His post clearly states Parto was ''available'' when he is away on loan with a non-call back clause. Hence, totally unavailable.

How many shots did Bas get in today, let alone on target? :blink:

At least stewart posed some threat.

Not saying much though as we were poor all round.

Hugely depressed (and that comes from an eternal optimist) :crying:

You of all people would understand that there will be, or is, light at the end of the tunnel then?

I think he started because when he is on his game he is the best by far midfield player we have, who can create chances and CAN tackle and does. I'm suprised he isnt started ever game, hes to good not to.

I bet your family are happy about you talking about your gran like that.

I think he started because when he is on his game he is the best by far midfield player we have, who can create chances and CAN tackle and does. I'm suprised he isnt started ever game, hes to good not to.

Be off in a few weeks myoudale on a free, yes he is good, but he has lost his luv 4 the club and searching pastures green...............

Desperate now thou Dorset, this is goin be a massive struggle to stay up

We are all feeling a bit down to say the least but if it helps ...... I listened to the AFC B'mth game today due to Radio Bristols home game limitations...... and the point was made about how AFC B'mth could slip down the table if they lost just a few games....... no wins in nine (?)

It was at that point the City score came in but I still hope we will stay up........ maybe it won't be easy but the truth for us is we will be supporting BCFC whatever league they are in?

This does need to be a minimum of division three next season.......... we have standards after all :laugh:

We are all feeling a bit down to say the least but if it helps ...... I listened to the AFC B'mth game today due to Radio Bristols home game limitations...... and the point was made about how AFC B'mth could slip down the table if they lost just a few games....... no wins in nine (?)

It was at that point the City score came in but I still hope we will stay up........ maybe it won't be easy but the truth for us is we will be supporting BCFC whatever league they are in?

This does need to be a minimum of division three next season.......... we have standards after all :laugh:

Be great if we were talking promotion thou dorset, instead of this load of garb.

Gutted

Be off in a few weeks myoudale on a free, yes he is good, but he has lost his luv 4 the club and searching pastures green...............

i think is johnson has any sense he will try his hardest to keep him at the club, but we shall see. I think he is more than capable of playing in Championship, maybe this level is to low for him so he doesnt always play to his full potential. he would fit nicely into a team like reading if he were to go. Maybe premiership one day? But i would rather see him stay at the club

You're right - I apologise to the family. I didn't mean to compare gran to Wilkshire. You're not in his league Nan.

He is more than capable of playing at a higher level, if he was to go I'm sure it would be to a championship side.

Thats c r a p mate. Wilkshire is an enigma and not a very good one at that. As usual he did nothing today. Complete waste of space.

Pople cry on here about starting Stewart and Wilkshire, I have always said Stewart is past it big time, and Wilkshire is too lightweight and despite being a good player is a liabiliy.

I was proved right today, yet the Stewart fans still say "oh it's because he's trying too hard and can't shoot properly, as his emotions boil over, you'll see him at his best soon" - Yeah right!

Archived