IGNORED

How Would You Motivate The Team?

swampy

A real kick up the ass. Transfer list them all apart from one or two. Shove them all on ebay or something. Tell Stewart that Savage said he is a better player than him and tell The same to all the rest that others in the same positions said they are better and will score more goalsthan them in the next game.

If that don't work then il send al that players on loan to Swine Town till the end of the season to get them relegated and use the reserve/under 18 players as they have more pasion for this club.

The most any of us can do is psych ourselves up and not stop singing throughout the match unless our voice box breaks or something else physically stops us backing the players!!

We can play our part!

We can do it! :chant6ez:

Lets warm our voices up now so we're ready for the next game...... After four....

La La La La La La La La La........

All together now......

If I was the manager I might take them to a Hospital ward so that they can see what people showing effort, caring and carrying out their duty looks like....

Or, send them to an Army camp for a few days to sort them out!

In reality though, they get sent to the Algarve....

pay them their wages in cash in front of the atyeo just before kick off

Now that is the best idea I've heard for a loooong time! Obvously impossible to actually do, but by Christ I wish it wasn't.

The one thing us football fans simply can't understand is why any professional footballer who has chosen the game he supposedly loves, and has sacrificed so much to make it in a cut-throat world for many years, has to be motivated by someone else to pull on a shirt in front of 10k-12k fans and try his best to win a game of football. It's not much to ask, is it?

I can forgive them for being crap. I forgive them for making mistakes. I can forgive them hotheaded bouts of misguided passion resulting in red cards. I just can't forgive players who think someone else needs to motivate them to give 100 per cent when they are doing what every person watching them would give their right arm to do. And as Bradley Orr admitted after the game, the players gave less than 100 per cent against Brentford. Why? How can they begin to explain that, let alone justify themselves?

How would I motivate them? Perhaps I'd buy a video of Rushden and Diamonds vs Torquay, force them to watch all 90 minutes and then remind them that unless they get their arses in gear that is what they can expect to be doing every week for the next year. If there is an ounce of pride in the players that should perk them up a bit.

I can forgive them for being crap. I forgive them for making mistakes. I can forgive them hotheaded bouts of misguided passion resulting in red cards. I just can't forgive players who think someone else needs to motivate them to give 100 per cent when they are doing what every person watching them would give their right arm to do. And as Bradley Orr admitted after the game, the players gave less than 100 per cent against Brentford. Why? How can they begin to explain that, let alone justify themselves?

mate, don't always like the stuff you type but every word of this paragraph is gold.

think about it people £1k a week over the course of a calender year is £54k a year, not bad considering you are doing a job many people (myself included) would do for three square meals a day and a bed to sleep in. we need to wake up to the fact that the footballers at the club shouldn't need to be pampered and nurtured all the blooming time, they need to DO THEIR BLOODY JOBS, you know, the ones they get paid quite nicely for.

as for how would i motivate the players? as soon as any player looks like he couldn't give a t0$$, drop him out of the squad and replace him with a youth player, who wll be told the place in the side is his if he performs. the youth NEED to play, our over paid prima donnas can look elsewhere if they lose interest in my club. in a situation like this they can moan to the media all they want, it just makes them look even more stupid and bitter.

Guest Harry Dolman

You would think the players could get motivated really. The sad fact is even though the likes of Carey & Murray moved away & failed (maybe soon to be emulated by Tommy Doc) the players don't really seem to appreciate how well they have it here. Compared to our peers we have far superior facilites & better wages. Maybe that is part of the problem, its too easy here.

If you look at say Chesterfield or Colchester, utter "holes" for grounds, no money whatsoever (Col Utd striving for promotion couldn't find £100K to buy Cureton from STFC!), on paper their squads have little depths, yet somehow they are massively outpeforming us. One thing I would say about both of those clubs is that they have very good managers - but both have been in the job for a no. of years & its only really this year that they are looking like achieving something.

Guest Cary Grant supported City

The salaries are pretty decent, Bristol and its environs is a pleasant area in which to live, the ground and support are excellent for this level of football, the hand grenades have been thrown, the Sunday morning extra training sessions have been used, the mid-season break in the sun has been provided .... plenty of carrots and sticks here. So what is left to motivate the team?

By telling them that IF we get relegated, then they are all going to be given freebies to join Forest Green Rovers, irrespective of personal terms!!.

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Archived