IGNORED

How Would You Motivate The Team?

swampy

The salaries are pretty decent, Bristol and its environs is a pleasant area in which to live, the ground and support are excellent for this level of football, the hand grenades have been thrown, the Sunday morning extra training sessions have been used, the mid-season break in the sun has been provided .... plenty of carrots and sticks here. So what is left to motivate the team?

I'd chuck a grenade in the dressing room and tell 'em all to contact their agents cause they're all going to be moved out asap.

Oh. Sorry. That's been tried hasn't it.

I would send them out on loan whilst loaning in a couple of reserves from some London team. Then play the player in the same position after the loanees have returned. Hang on...

OK, I would play a reserve from Fulham from the start whilst keeping the player, who incidentally has played at a higher level than any other of the players (apart from the one who is also on the bench), for the last 10 minutes. Ahhh, nope, tried that one as well...

Guest HampshireCider

moday morning training 10am..............ALRIGHT YOU BUNCH OF USLESS WASTERS, IF YOU WANT TO PLAY IN LEGUE 2 THEN GET YOUR COAT AND F^(k OFF BECAUSE THIS CLUB AINT going to END UP THERE!!!!! NOW GET SCORING SOME F+(k1ng GOALS....................AND YES THAT MEANS YOU, PREMIERSHIP SUPERSTAR!!!!!!!

moday morning training 10am..............ALRIGHT YOU BUNCH OF USLESS WASTERS, IF YOU WANT TO PLAY IN LEGUE 2 THEN GET YOUR COAT AND F^(k OFF BECAUSE THIS CLUB AINT going to END UP THERE!!!!! NOW GET SCORING SOME F+(k1ng GOALS....................AND YES THAT MEANS YOU, PREMIERSHIP SUPERSTAR!!!!!!!

That should do it!

The salaries are pretty decent, Bristol and its environs is a pleasant area in which to live, the ground and support are excellent for this level of football, the hand grenades have been thrown, the Sunday morning extra training sessions have been used, the mid-season break in the sun has been provided .... plenty of carrots and sticks here. So what is left to motivate the team?

Clear out whatever is under the Dolman stand, create a large pen, and throw in a few lions from Longleat. Have the crowd vote on an under-performing player using the classic thumbs up or down from Roman times. If thumbs down, lob said player in with Leo and friends and broadcast in the ground by CCTV. There may be a few legal hurdles to this plan, and the PFA may raise concerns about the whole thing. But I am sure it would focus the minds of the squad.

Guest HampshireCider

There is no easy answer to this !

And johnson hasnt got a clue either,all ive seen is our players getting fitter i supose he would make a great fitness coach but a manager I THINK NOT

because if i wanted a fitness coach at my gym id pick the balding overwieght cockney to get me fit wouldnt i?? :blink:

Create an electric atmosphere at every home game!

Worked in Swansea game. No atmosphere at Brentford game. We lost.

The team worked in Swansea game, no work at Brentford game. We lost.

Clear out whatever is under the Dolman stand, create a large pen, and throw in a few lions from Longleat. Have the crowd vote on an under-performing player using the classic thumbs up or down from Roman times. If thumbs down, lob said player in with Leo and friends and broadcast in the ground by CCTV. There may be a few legal hurdles to this plan, and the PFA may raise concerns about the whole thing. But I am sure it would focus the minds of the squad.

I'm up for that.

Would a quid a kid still be valid though?

:@ how about we swap the current squad with some of the players from the local leagues that would give the high teeth to be a pro footballer and earn the money there on & make these prima donnas play on the dog poo laydend local pitchs like the netham/redcatch park,canford park, eastvile park,hartcliffe school etc then take a cold shower after all the hot water has gone,then come back to find there car keys and valules have bin stolen,made to put up the nets,pay to play,and have a nice game up landsdown on a cold windy day with the rain blowing horizontal in there faces & get kicked all around the park by some 18 stone centre half who get to the ball half hour late,but he got there as fast as he could,may be then they would want to play with pride and passion in the red and white of this club and not be wanting to play in the night clubs in the city centre etc :@

post-3011-1139867808.jpg

My name is Lukus Wilkshire, Commander of the Armies of the South, General of the Midfield, loyal servant to the true Emperor Brian Tinnion, father to a murdered career, husband of a murdered winger, and I will have my contract, in this season or the next.

You'd never give the thumbs down, surely? :dunno:

Threaten them with supper fresh out of an Ashton Gate kiosk if they lose maybe? We wouldn't actually go through with it as that would be inhumane but they're not to know that are they?

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Well I think it's bad news for the English game (Hansen)....

We're not creative enough, we're not positive enough(Brooking)....

We'll go on getting bad results.(Motty)

('Three Lions' - Skinner&Baddiel)

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I'd tell them they're good players; better than they're showing. I'd remind them that you have to win the battles all over the pitch before you can play your football... you earn the right to play your football. I'd tell them to stick together, to do everything as a unit and a group. To play for yourselves and for your team mates, and nobody else.

I'd then continue to support them, encourage them and tell them they're good players until the bitter end. Football is a confidence game, and if they believe in themselves then they're more likely to fulfill their individual potentials as footballers.

I'd probably then remind the fans to do the same. We're a club. We should be united and in this battle together. But we're not are we? Because half of you just need something to complain about. Half of you think it's more constructive to to berate a player than to get behind him. That it's more helpful to work them into the ground and drag them down than to get them doing things together as team-mates and friends.

We all realise this club is in a precarious position on and off the field. We all realise too many mistakes have been made along the way; more than anyone within the club would care to admit. We all realise this is going to be a battle. Unfortunately, too many of you guys are only too happy to critisise from the sides instead of getting behind our players. It's embarrassing.

Archived