IGNORED

Where Are They Now.

kiwicolin

I have to smile at the overreaction concerning our league position/latest result etc. If we'd have beaten Brentford (usually a bit of a bogey team) we could be on a different page of Ceefax - (with a better Goal difference)! You'd have to accept that the Top teams have disappeared over the horizon, but 2 results strung together (either way) sends us spinning toward doom, glory or safety depending on your viewpoint.

bit harsh considering the mess of the club when he came in, especially after the swansea game!

your entitled to your own opinion and fair play, but i would be interested to know who you think should take over if he left?

It may be harsh, but he has had time to at least keep us up, and for the record I think we will.

However, IF we get relegated then I feel he should be removed. There are plenty of managers out there that have managed at a higher level than him. It's all very well saying he should stay in charge because he got a team promoted from League two, but he hasn't managed at this level and in the early stages of his league one career, it's showing.

I will get slated and I expect nothing else because I am saying this on the back of a good win away. But, like I said, I expect us to stay up and when we do, I don't want to see this season repeated next season.

I did say he has done a good job in certain areas since he has been here and I applaud the win last night.

I will be a season ticket holder next season what ever the division.

MM

Only one thing annoys me more than Happy Clappys, We are Not Worthys or members of the Blind Faith Possee, it's people who wait for a win then go completely OTT.

Johnson is neither the anti-christ or a hero.

His record isn't great and if you extrapilate it over a season, it comes out at about 58 points :(

Fans who criticise are NOT undermining the team or causing the problem.They have not put us where we are, ie, in danger of the drop from Div 3, for the first time in years.

You are quite entitled to be as happy as you like, however, don't condemn others from having a different, some might say realistic, view of things.

Christ Robbored, can you tell me what he could of done differently?

The players here arent up to scratch. Simple as.

Bit far fetched I know, but how about signing better players? How about not signing players worse then the ones we already have, on loan.I think that would have been really good :whistle:

However, IF we get relegated then I feel he should be removed. There are plenty of managers out there that have managed at a higher level than him. It's all very well saying he should stay in charge because he got a team promoted from League two, but he hasn't managed at this level and in the early stages of his league one career, it's showing.

this is a totally fair view, but just to counter i'd point out that if we drop down GJ would actually be an ideal manager as he has the summer to build a team with the intetnion of winning a league he won only last season.

i'd also argue that manager with experience higher up the leagues system often struggle when they get jobs lower down. danny wilson slipped from premiership to us to the MKs (below us) for example. or glen hoddle; from top england manager to underachivement in the championship (although i'm not doubting are many examples of the opposite too, just showing the negatives). those manager given time in difficult situations to establish a club (fergie, moyes, curbishley, big sam) often do better in the long run than their counter parts with more high profile CVs.

plus, as for GJs quality at this level i'd point out that till he left yeovil (where he had an established squad of unknowns who he had built in to a double league winning team) they were doing rather well in their first season at this level. when he arrived at a club 2nd from bottom with a underachiving and disorganised playing staff he has very slowly begun bringing them around, and now the team he left has freefalled to below us in the table. the fact that yeovil lost their waay when they lost him actually pleases me, as it shows he made a positive difference there. i'd argue given time, even if relegated, he will sort us out, but i hope and pray that he'll be doing his rebuilding with this league in mind!

Have have thought about that he should be given at least one year, but he took over early enough in the season to avoid relegation.

We need to remember the turmoil surrounding the club when Johnson took over, a huge shake-up was required (hence the hand-grenade), we are now bearing the fruits of the work ethic that Johnson has instilled at the club. Love or hate him, nobody can argue the fact that there is a lot more passion and hunger being shown by the players since Johnson arrived.

Don't get me wrong, he has done a good job in certain areas but he has said "it's my team now" and it will be his team that is relegated, does he deserve to stay on this basis?

Whilst Johnson has stated that these are now HIS players, they are not necessarily players that he would have brought to the club. I believe when he says they are his players, he is simply stating that these are the players who have adopted his philosophy.....those who didn't have been shipped out.

I spoke with several people, some I know and some I don't and they have all said relegation means he should leave, and I have to agree.

The problem with changing the manager yet again, is that the new man simply MUST (quote: SteveL post appointing Tinman) hit the ground running.

In reality this is highly unlikely, as it means the new man will have to come in, assess the squad, get in HIS players, get rid of those he doesn't want, can you see a pattern deleloping here?. All this requires time, a commodity Bristol City can ill afford (especially if we get relegated)

So whilst GJ might not be flavour of the month at the moment I feel it is absolutely essential that he is given a chance to finish the job he has started.

Didn't your great mate Lansdown appoint Johnson Mr Red?

If Johnson has to go which is what you presumably want, then your Sith Lord needs to follow surely as this must be just another management blunder to you?

You just don't have the cake do you Mr Red?

why is it that when city win a game the moaners are not on

here to praise the team?

but when we lose they are on the players ,managers,chairman

and the brothers uncles cousins sisters mothers back.

yes it is one win but lets all be positive and praise the players

for a great effort tonight.

as soon as we lose again they will be back on.

KEEP THE FAITH. CITY WILL STAY UP.

Think you will find that Steve L has been critisised from the start of the season, even as long as two seasons ago.

I'm thinking people who post such threads of 'where are all the negative fans now' are the fickle ones in beleiving that results are the only things which matter to a fan. My concerns have always been the structure, organisation, fan consultation and growth of this football club which in my opinion is not being acheived with the current board and chairman.

Call me negative all you want, it really does not bother me. I can assure you every city fan will be pleased with the result of last night, but will not change opinions over night.

That isn't the way it works.

Think you will find that Steve L has been critisised from the start of the season, even as long as two seasons ago.

I'm thinking people who post such threads of 'where are all the negative fans now' are the fickle ones in beleiving that results are the only things which matter to a fan. My concerns have always been the structure, organisation, fan consultation and growth of this football club which in my opinion is not being acheived with the current board and chairman.

Call me negative all you want, it really does not bother me. I can assure you every city fan will be pleased with the result of last night, but will not change opinions over night.

That isn't the way it works.

Correct, for this club to grow/progress we have actually to hang on to our best players not continously cash in on them and invest in new ones AS WELL; :dunno:

why is it that when city win a game the moaners are not on

here to praise the team?

but when we lose they are on the players ,managers,chairman

and the brothers uncles cousins sisters mothers back.

yes it is one win but lets all be positive and praise the players

for a great effort tonight.

as soon as we lose again they will be back on.

KEEP THE FAITH. CITY WILL STAY UP.

I was in London watching Simple Minds :dance:

Winning one game won't be enough to stave off relegation.If City get nothing at Bradford the pressure will be back on again.

My point (made many times) is that if it were not for Johnson City would not be in this perilous position.

oh shut up ,how do you kn0w..are you are charmed one ..no so don't presume to know what would have been mate

oh shut up ,how do you kn0w..are you are charmed one ..no so don't presume to know what would have been mate

I take it you feel other forum users are not entitled to an opinion other than to agree with your own. How tiresome !

I was in London watching Simple Minds :dance:

Saw them in Dublin............brilliant

Archived