IGNORED

Where Are They Now.

kiwicolin

why is it that when city win a game the moaners are not on

here to praise the team?

but when we lose they are on the players ,managers,chairman

and the brothers uncles cousins sisters mothers back.

yes it is one win but lets all be positive and praise the players

for a great effort tonight.

as soon as we lose again they will be back on.

KEEP THE FAITH. CITY WILL STAY UP.

With the greatest of respect, has this season not given you a cause to have a little grumble at some stage. Football fans are fickle, its the nature of the game. Is no good now saying how good we were 2 years ago because now we are struggling... The long term doesn't usually work. Be positive yes, but some things are very difficult to understand at AG at times

Winning one game won't be enough to stave off relegation.If City get nothing at Bradford the pressure will be back on again.

My point (made many times) is that if it were not for Johnson City would not be in this perilous position.

Christ Robbored, can you tell me what he could of done differently?

The players here arent up to scratch. Simple as.

We miss players like Coles, Hill, Brown, Lita, The Doc... the list goes on.

We tried to sign a striker, it didnt come off.

GJ has played Stewart, and he hasnt made an impact. I'm honestly struggling to think of anything else.

GJ has played Stewart, and he hasnt made an impact. I'm honestly struggling to think of anything else.

Maybe signing some (or at least one) decent experienced players who will show some kind of leadership in this city side which is so desperately lacking a leader, particularly in midfield. One suggestion - not too controversial I hope

What has he done wrong? Well the hand grenade lead to our worst run of form ever and is a big part of the reason we're in this predicament - that's a pretty big error. The loan signings have on the whole been poor or worse.

As for the players - let's take a look at the ones he thinks aren't good enough.

Fortune - Port vale love him

G Smith - doing well at Walsall

Bridges - banging them in for Carlisle and no doubt will do the same in this league next year

Partridge - Dons fans seem to rate him, he was highly rated before he came here and with a decent run in the side might well have proven himself here.

I am not saying he's a crap manager or that he won't make a success of the job in the longer term, but it does amaze me that we are in serious danger of relegation yet the manager seems to be blame free - longest honeymoon ever?

For me, the jury is still out and deliberating furiously. If we survive and he makes good use of the transfer market in the summer and we start the season well, then fine. If not, he will only be a failure - he's had plenty of time to turn the team around, we absolutely must stay up.

Nibor

Right, so thats a left winger, cover for centre back, a new striker and a new coach we want to see?

He cant do everything.

I gave Tinnion time to get it right. I watched in amazement as Coles, Lita, Carey, The Doc, Brown et al all left.

I gave him and the replacements time.

Orr was brought in to replace the Doc.

Partridge was brought in to replace Butler

Smith was brought into replace Carey

G Smith was brought in to replace Brown

Russell was brought in to be the new Tinnion

... and it goes on.

But are these players better than the ones Tinkerman got rid of? I think not.

I'm one that thinks that Johnson came into the job faced with a crate of rotting apples, its a massive job Johnson has to even keep us up, let alone think about the playoffs next season.

Guest thelightside

Come on guys... Weve won a game tonight yeh.. but I'm sure when we start playing the top teams again we'l start dropping points... cant beleive the excitement overr a win against s****horpe.. i'l only get excited when we stay up, johnson leaves and we can rebuild a much better team.

What has he done wrong? Well the hand grenade lead to our worst run of form ever and is a big part of the reason we're in this predicament - that's a pretty big error. The loan signings have on the whole been poor or worse.

As for the players - let's take a look at the ones he thinks aren't good enough.

Fortune - Port vale love him

G Smith - doing well at Walsall

Bridges - banging them in for Carlisle and no doubt will do the same in this league next year

Partridge - Dons fans seem to rate him, he was highly rated before he came here and with a decent run in the side might well have proven himself here.

I am not saying he's a crap manager or that he won't make a success of the job in the longer term, but it does amaze me that we are in serious danger of relegation yet the manager seems to be blame free - longest honeymoon ever?

For me, the jury is still out and deliberating furiously. If we survive and he makes good use of the transfer market in the summer and we start the season well, then fine. If not, he will only be a failure - he's had plenty of time to turn the team around, we absolutely must stay up.

Nibor

The hand grenade? Compare that to the "look me in the eye" spectacle last season.

The hand grenade was needed at the time, in hindsight it probably wasnt the best approach I'm first to admit, but I wanted it to happen at the time and still feel it was needed - to sort out who is in this for the money or the shirt.

Regarding the players he has seen gone - Fortune?! I would say 99% on here would drive him up there ourselves.

Grant Smith - is not an out and out winger. He looked lazy and disinterested and would not get in the side ahead of Murray, Wilkshire, Brown or Green.

Bridges - Class player, must admit and glad hes doing well. Falling over the dog, not really seen as the quick striker needed at this level means him and his wages were surplus to requirements. He wasnt given the chance to shine, but remember, he is an ex premiership player, plauged by injuries, playing in the 4th division.

Partridge - He seems a mad player. Penalties left right and centre, gets turned inside out - glad hes a welsh international. Would not get in the team at present.

My point is that GJ has not had a season in charge yet. He came in, the team was a mess, mentally, physically and mostly drunk. He has had one transfer window to work in, which clubs were asking silly money and has had to patch up the squad with loanees. If we had signed Hayter, we would of been singing his praises. He has had time to learn about the players and for both parties to adapt, and hopefully - survival this season - a few shrewd signings and away we go.

Come on guys... Weve won a game tonight yeh.. but I'm sure when we start playing the top teams again we'l start dropping points... cant beleive the excitement overr a win against s****horpe.. i'l only get excited when we stay up, johnson leaves and we can rebuild a much better team.

wow..........some people are just morons! I will be excited when Legend City man actually shuts up!

Football fans are fickle, its the nature of the game.

Doesn't make it acceptable in my eyes though and I also find this remark rather generalised.

May be worth boosting some of the threads from just post the Brentford game back to the top :whistle:

There always tends to be accusations against personal judgements made on here without actual names ever being mentioned or being held accountable for their views. (I'm guilty of this myself) No flags are ever nailed to the masts so to speak, so one can easily get away with executing a slating of any and every man involved when things go t1ts up and then jump straight onto the happy vibe success train when we win.

It sickens me.

Is Johnson the man for the job or not?

Should StevieL remain at the helm or not?

Don't just let the last result guide your judgement on this, these are Yes or No questions.

Obviously I can't and wouldn't want to sit in judgement of any one individual but I can honestly claim my oppinions remain consistent throughout.

This is just a thought and I am sitting and prepared for any counter or side arguments, so don't spare my feelings.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

The higher you build your barriers, the taller I become.... ('Something inside so strong' - Labbi Siffre)

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Winning one game won't be enough to stave off relegation.If City get nothing at Bradford the pressure will be back on again.

Agree with that. The players have done brilliantly tonight to bring the points home and deserve praise but I feel a point from Valley Parade is needed to stop us falling back into the bottom four again.

My point (made many times) is that if it were not for Johnson City would not be in this perilous position.

Sorry Robbored but that is a load of twaddle. I know it's all if's and but's, but if Tinnion was still in charge now I genuinely believe we'd be doomed already. The results and performances were shocking and glaringly apparent after Lita went. If Tinnion went sooner I'm sure we wouldn't be in this predicament.

Right, so thats a left winger, cover for centre back, a new striker and a new coach we want to see?

He cant do everything. some might replace 'everything' with 'anything'

I gave Tinnion time to get it right. I watched in amazement as Coles ambitious to play at higher level, Lita for £1m after one full season, Carey who came back after again trying higher level, The Doc higher level- besides he was overrated and inconsistent. Doc really needed to leave, Brown who again wanted to play at higher level et al all left.

I gave him and the replacements time.

Orr who is young and open to improvement, no world-beater at the mo, but tries hard was brought in to replace the Doc lazy

Partridge Excellent previously, injuries started his BC career off badly, never had a fair crack was brought in to replace Butler who is now setting the world alight at Blackpool, wasn't heywood his replacement?

Smith was brought into replace Carey (will let you have that one but you could see the point in trying this one)

G Smith was brought in to replace Brown (again never worked out)

Russell was brought in to be the new Tinnion (again injuries halted his start, he hasn't been great i agree but given time)

... and it goes on. (yup, Bridges to replace Heffernan perhaps?)

But are these players better than the ones Tinkerman got rid of? I think not.

But are Youga, Savage, Other Charlton and Fulham loanees?

I'm one that thinks that Johnson came into the job faced with a crate of rotting apples, its a massive job Johnson has to even keep us up, let alone think about the playoffs next season. It really isn't as hard as he has made it

here to praise the team?

Ive always said we will win and as i keep saying we will get ourselfs out of the mess and fight for that play off position. Now who's with me on this?

Cant be bothered to quote and requote yadda yaddah, but Coles ambitious? He was forced him out and was mismanaged.

Lita 1 million - and if we kept him would we be battling relegation?

Carey came back - to the comfort zone.

The Doc - mismanaged and forced out.

Youga was woeful. I agree. But if GJ is anything like us, he would of thought Woodman was the worst player in the side and needed replacing - however Woody has improved hugely. Same for Carey. Same for Murray. Same for Cotterill. And Orr....

Thats GJ for you.

The senile rage. The voice of treason.

I usually listen to different opinions and take them on board but you have just spouted the biggest load of crap i have heard in a long time :pinch:

Firstly take a glance at our remaining fixtures, the only top teams we are playing until the end of the season are Southend and maybe Tranmere. Most of our other games are against teams in and around us. I don't think people are excited by us beating S****horpe and from the fans i was speaking to at the game most people seem relieved at the win instead of excited.

If you want us to stay up you can surely realise that tongihts result is a very big one for us, this was only our third win away from home this season against fellow relegation contenders.

Whatever happens at the end of the season Johnson will not be sacked and i have every confidence that he can rebuild the team himself this summer. I will be the first to admit that his transfer window signings have been poor but the January transfer window isnt always the easiest time to get new players in.

Rant over :yawn:

here to praise the team?

The players and Manager should be praised for this win as they performed brilliantly, but unfortunately, one win does not make a season.

I think you'll find I am probably one of the moaners to a little extent, but feel the need to. I have also praised the team for last night....however, I have done neither on this board because everything is blown out of proportion.

It was a great and needed win last night and one that will help our survival, but I stand by what I say and that is IF we survive, I will give Gary Johnson until October to put us in a respectable league position.

Also IF we get relegated, I feel he must be removed from his position.

However, yes, well done to him and the team for pulling off a great win last night, I wouldn't like to think what would have happened if we didn't.

MM

Also IF we get relegated, I feel he must be removed from his position.

Regardless of the fact that last time Johnson managed a team in league two, he led them to the title?

Who on earth do you suggest as a replacement? (bearing in mind compensation to the outgoing manager, immeasurable pressure to get promoted at first time of asking and compensation to the incoming managers previous club) I think it would be a case of scraping the barrel.

Would it not be fair to give the man at the helm at least ONE full season?

Totally agree, bradford on saturday, nice to think we could get 3 points there, but last nights away win over s****horpe doesn't make us unbeatable and its going to be a very difficult last 13 games, hopefully we can stay up, but i still think we have yet to find the right man, with the right experience to take us higher.

Regardless of the fact that last time Johnson managed a team in league two, he led them to the title?

Who on earth do you suggest as a replacement? (bearing in mind compensation to the outgoing manager, immeasurable pressure to get promoted at first time of asking and compensation to the incoming managers previous club) I think it would be a case of scraping the barrel.

Would it not be fair to give the man at the helm at least ONE full season?

Have have thought about that he should be given at least one year, but he took over early enough in the season to avoid relegation.

Don't get me wrong, he has done a good job in certain areas but he has said "it's my team now" and it will be his team that is relegated, does he deserve to stay on this basis?

I spoke with several people, some I know and some I don't and they have all said relegation means he should leave, and I have to agree.

MM

Have have thought about that he should be given at least one year, but he took over early enough in the season to avoid relegation.

Don't get me wrong, he has done a good job in certain areas but he has said "it's my team now" and it will be his team that is relegated, does he deserve to stay on this basis?

I spoke with several people, some I know and some I don't and they have all said relegation means he should leave, and I have to agree.

MM

bit harsh considering the mess of the club when he came in, especially after the swansea game!

your entitled to your own opinion and fair play, but i would be interested to know who you think should take over if he left?

I'm not a moaner or am I negative so i'm still here believing we will be alright.

But, thought I better post anyway as one of the forum gods/police on here has dubbed me negative for all to see in a thread because I dared to voice an opinion.

Anyway, boring myself now let alone anybody else, so i'll be off again.

Good thread by the way. A rarity after a win to have this type of thread on here. I look forward to reading the reverse at our next defeat :blink:

Archived