IGNORED

The Who

Moth Eaten Pillow

Heard from a mate in the Bristol music scene that The Who will be playing one of the gigs in the summer.

Much better than the twaddle (bar some of Rod Stewarts stuff) they've had down there in the past.

I bet it will be a bit more expensive than the last time I saw the Who play in Bristol.

2/6d on a Thursday night at the Locarno round about 1968. It was only 50p to see Stevie Wonder.

Evere seen his wife?

No but neither has he. :cool:

Nick your showing your age now mate, did they have bands when you were a young un :rofl2br:

Of course they did. The Beatles were a particular favourite of mine and I can't wait for their next single to be released but it appears to be a long time coming.

Guest HampshireCider

Evere seen his wife?

I brought stevey wonder a cheese grater for christmas.....................He said it was the scariest book that hes ever read!!! :dance:

I bet it will be a bit more expensive than the last time I saw the Who play in Bristol.

2/6d on a Thursday night at the Locarno round about 1968. It was only 50p to see Stevie Wonder.

Cost me £1.20 to see them at Wembley Empire Pool in 75

Guest DrFaustus

I brought stevey wonder a cheese grater for christmas.....................He said it was the scariest book that hes ever read!!! :dance:

Stevie Wonder and Jack Nicklaus are in a bar. Nicklaus turns to Wonder and says, "How is the singing career going?"

Stevie Wonder says, "Not too bad, the latest album has gone into the top 10, so all in all I think it is pretty good. By the way, how is the golf?"

"Not too bad, I am not winning as much as I used to but I/m still making a bit of money. I have some problems with my swing but I think I've got that right now."

"I always find that when my swing goes wrong I need to stop playing for a while and think about it, then the next time I play it seems to be all right," says Stevie.

"You play golf!?" asks Jack.

Stevie says, "Yes, I have been playing for years."

"But I thought you were blind; how can you play golf if you are blind?" Jack asks.

"I get my caddie to stand in the middle of the fairway and he calls to me. I listen for the sound of his voice and play the ball towards him. When I get to where the ball has landed, the caddie moves to the green or further down the fairway and again I play the ball towards his voice," explains Stevie.

"But how do you putt?" Nicklaus wondered.

"Well," says Stevie, "I get my caddie to lean down in front of the hole and call to me with his head on the ground and I just play the ball to the sound of his voice."

Nicklaus says, "What is your handicap?"

"Well, I play off scratch," Stevie assures Jack.

Nicklaus is incredulous and says to Stevie, "We must play a game sometime."

Wonder replies, "Well, people don't take me seriously so I only play for money, and I never play for less than $100,000 a hole."

Nicklaus thinks it over and says, "OK, I'm up for that. When would you like to play?"

"I don't care - any night next week is OK with me."

Met him in Piccafdilly Circus once and he was stood on the pavement holding a Labrador by the tail & swinging it around and around above his head.

Said to him"What you doing Stevie?"

He replied "Just having a look around"

Guest DrFaustus

Met him in Piccafdilly Circus once and he was stood on the pavement holding a Labrador by the tail & swinging it around and around above his head.

Said to him"What you doing Stevie?"

He replied "Just having a look around"

Stevie Wonder is playing his first gig in Tokyo and the place is absolutely packed to the rafters.

In a bid to break the ice with his new audience he asks if anyone would like him to play a request.

A little old Japanese man jumps out of his seat in the first row and shouts at the top of his voice "Play a Jazz chord ! Play a jazz chord!".

Amazed that this guy knows about the jazz influences in Stevie's varied career, the blind impresario starts to play an E minor scale and then goes into a difficult jazz melody for about 10 minutes.

When he finishes the whole place goes wild. The little old man jumps up again and shouts "No, no, play a Jazz chord, play a Jazz chord".

A bit p*ssed off by this, Stevie, being the professional that he is, dives straight into a jazz improvisation with his band around the B flat minor chord and really tears the place apart. The crowd goes wild with this impromptu show off his technical expertise.

The little old man jumps up again.

"No, no. Play a Jazz chord, play a jazz chord".

Well and truly p*ssed off that this little guy doesn't seem to appreciate his playing ability Stevie says to him from the stage "OK smart ass. You get up here and do it!" The little old man climbs up onto the stage, takes hold of the mike...

and starts to sing .....

" A jazz chord to say I ruv you..."

Guest HampshireCider

this thread has turned into the stevie wonder joke thread

Stevie wonder has just been turned down for his bungee jumping licence..........apperntly the RSPCA say it would scare the s h i t out of his dog!!!

Heard from a mate in the Bristol music scene that The Who will be playing one of the gigs in the summer.

Much better than the twaddle (bar some of Rod Stewarts stuff) they've had down there in the past.

:chant6ez::chant6ez: Oh if this is true great news, about time we got a good band down there, though not as good now sinve the sad death of john, but they still rock usually have great support as well, I'll be down there with bowling shoes and parka on my Lambretta along with all the othe Bristol Mod scooter club, though proberly think we will get some dull **** like James blunt singing his form of dullness that seems to have been made popular by the likes of coldpaly.

Posted on: Dec 9 2005, 9:52 AM

Group: Members

Member No.: 3,868

I too have heard this over a month ago....also very strong rumours that The Who (well half of them) are playing aswell next summer....the old man will be dead chuffed!

Heard about this last year and apparently it has been confirmed down the Gate now.....however my ''sauce'' also said that the RHCP's were playing as well.....so we'll have to wait and see - pretty confident though as I promised the old man a ticket for christmas!!

Obviously following the deaths of two of the four members it's not exactly The Who as we knew them. In a radio interview Pete Townshend stated Roger Daltry will be on stage for "some of the numbers". In addition Pete has written for this tour some new songs and Roger has approved them.

I think this gig may well be Pete Townshend & friends more than The Who.

Stevie Wonder and Jack Nicklaus are in a bar. Nicklaus turns to Wonder and says, "How is the singing career going?"

Stevie Wonder says, "Not too bad, the latest album has gone into the top 10, so all in all I think it is pretty good. By the way, how is the golf?"

"Not too bad, I am not winning as much as I used to but I/m still making a bit of money. I have some problems with my swing but I think I've got that right now."

"I always find that when my swing goes wrong I need to stop playing for a while and think about it, then the next time I play it seems to be all right," says Stevie.

"You play golf!?" asks Jack.

Stevie says, "Yes, I have been playing for years."

"But I thought you were blind; how can you play golf if you are blind?" Jack asks.

"I get my caddie to stand in the middle of the fairway and he calls to me. I listen for the sound of his voice and play the ball towards him. When I get to where the ball has landed, the caddie moves to the green or further down the fairway and again I play the ball towards his voice," explains Stevie.

"But how do you putt?" Nicklaus wondered.

"Well," says Stevie, "I get my caddie to lean down in front of the hole and call to me with his head on the ground and I just play the ball to the sound of his voice."

Nicklaus says, "What is your handicap?"

"Well, I play off scratch," Stevie assures Jack.

Nicklaus is incredulous and says to Stevie, "We must play a game sometime."

Wonder replies, "Well, people don't take me seriously so I only play for money, and I never play for less than $100,000 a hole."

Nicklaus thinks it over and says, "OK, I'm up for that. When would you like to play?"

"I don't care - any night next week is OK with me."

Doc, I thought you were going to say the one about Sammy Davis Jnr on the course.

When asked his handicap he replied " I'm A one-eyed black Jew, that enough for you?"

If it is The Who that will be the reason why the Red Hot Chili's are not playing. No disrespect to the Chili's The Who are a mega band. I might even drag myself down the gate to see them.

Don't quite understand the logic here. Why can't they both play the Gate ??

Don't quite understand the logic here. Why can't they both play the Gate ??

Aren't club going to be spending time in the summer putting seating in the williams for Prawn sandwich brigade and Dolman Hall is being refurbished along with the site of the supporters club. So i'm assuming that we are being limited to 1 gig this summer.

Aren't club going to be spending time in the summer putting seating in the williams for Prawn sandwich brigade and Dolman Hall is being refurbished along with the site of the supporters club. So i'm assuming that we are being limited to 1 gig this summer.

Oh, I see

Archived