IGNORED

Not Good Enough For Us/Bridges for the Prem

Desso

good enough for Aston Villa and Blackburn! Michael Bridges could soon be on the move back to the premiership with these two clubs and others showing keen interest in him. It was clear when he was here that he was class but our management chose to ignore him, transfer him and then bring in second rate players from second rate teams. What is going on? In my opinion it was scandalous to let him go to Carlisle and I told GJ that personally. The same thing is now happening again with Stewart!

I despair! :dunno:

according to the sunday people o'leary wants to take him to villa now that he cant stop scoring for carlisle.

derby and blackburn are also said to be intersted.

hmmmm,we need a goalscorer,maybe we might try to get him back.

second thoughts,why don't we just go and sign another striker who couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo....oh.....hang on a sec,forgot we just did.

great player that mark mccammon :doh::shutup: :@

according to the sunday people o'leary wants to take him to villa now that he cant stop scoring for carlisle.

derby and blackburn are also said to be intersted.

hmmmm,we need a goalscorer,maybe we might try to get him back.

second thoughts,why don't we just go and sign another striker who couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo....oh.....hang on a sec,forgot we just did.

great player that mark mccammon :doh::shutup: :@

Yeah I read that thiis morning as well, gutted if he goes to one of those clubs, why oh why didn't we keep him?

good enough for Aston Villa and Blackburn! Michael Bridges could soon be on the move back to the premiership with these two clubs and others showing keen interest in him. It was clear when he was here that he was class but our management chose to ignore him, transfer him and then bring in second rate players from second rate teams. What is going on? In my opinion it was scandalous to let him go to Carlisle and I told GJ that personally. The same thing is now happening again with Stewart!

I despair! :dunno:

Like i said on another thread. The treatment of Michael Bridges by GJ could be the biggest mistake on GJ's city career.

Just goes to prove GJ cant spot a talented player if he realy tried.

I wish Michael Bridges all the very best and hope if he goes into the Prem he put's up a 2 fingerd sign in the direction of GJ.

Fair play to him. However in his time here he showed nothing to warrent him staying. I'm sure his wages were draining Gary Johnsons budget so he was disposed of.

That is just untrue, he did show some good things, when he was chosen to play, it was all down to money in the end, and I don't mean his wages, and now we are left trying to find a decent striker, and he was here all along, and most City fans agree on this, It was a joke letting hiim go.

Fair play to him. However in his time here he showed nothing to warrent him staying. I'm sure his wages were draining Gary Johnsons budget so he was disposed of.

Sorry can't agree. When he played even his "average" was better than most of the other players. His vision, running off the ball and skill was too good for the rest at times. We let a good player go.

This is a shame, and I felt he should have stayed, but we don't seem to like that type of quality player any more. Wasn't there some clause in his contract that said if he played a certain number of games for us we had to sign him for a second year? That meant that if giving him a run in the team never worked we would have had to keep him for another year even if he got injured frequently, or played like Bas. GJ never wanted to take that gamble i guess.

According To Todays News Of The World

Aston Villa,Blackburn Rovers,Derby County Are All After Him.

I think it had something to do with the cllause in his contract. If we played him something like 15 times then we would have to give him a second year, Johnson didn't want to take the risk it would seem.

We get used to missing out at city mate...

Did you know we let Jason Roberts go after 2 games when he scored in one of them. We played Sean McCarthy instead of him.

Tony Pulis appointed over David Moyes...

Why did we let him go? Well I guess most of us are wondering about this too. :( The fact that he has gone on to score goals, all be it in a lower division, and is now attracting attention even with hindsight leaves a bitter taste.

We will never know why he didn't make it down here, under 2 different managers. Definately our loss, again. I'm afraid we have a history of letting players slip from our grasp, but so to other clubs I guess. Right player, wrong club.

I did understand that Johnson didn't wish to feature him in his plans and so didn't play him until a move was sorted. If he had played him (one more game) it was written into his contract that he had to be offered a further contract of 1 year. I seems Johnson decided the money should be put to bring in other players, not all gambled on one?

Bridges said himself that he wasn't on big wages at city, your decision whether to beleive the lad though. I think Bridges never got a chance at city, but I'm GJ 100% and will support his decisions, right or wrong!

Archived