IGNORED

Not Good Enough For Us/Bridges for the Prem

Desso

Bridges said himself that he wasn't on big wages at city, your decision whether to beleive the lad though. I think Bridges never got a chance at city, but I'm GJ 100% and will support his decisions, right or wrong!

Big wages for Bridges is £25 000 though. I'd imagine he was on a tenth of that at City. Did he get that signing on fee? Anyone know?

Guest HampshireCider

Why do you belive all of this poo from the news of the world remember the bardley orr to newcastle for £1mill story

You mean Everton?? :doh:

We got Orr FROM Newcastle

Managers in general terms like to stick to a certain format and vary the style around that.

Gary Johnson likes 4-4-2 with a target man and two wingers and a cobative midfield, all prety basic but that is the way he is going to play.

Unfortunately this means Mr Bridges despite having undoubted ability did not fall into GJ's mindset...Provking the comment from Johnson himself "Michael Bridges is a luxury player as he likes to operate behind the front two".

Letting quality players go has been a problem of ours since as long as I can remember...some for financial reasons some for tactical, however GJ is trying to build a team in his own image as quickly as our supporters (many of who regularly come on this forum to talk absolute bo**ocks) will allow him to do so.

So maybe getting behind what we've got and stop carping on about what we could have had might just assist a manager who has a clear idea about how he is going to go forward, rather than the last three who didn't

Fair play to him. However in his time here he showed nothing to warrent him staying. I'm sure his wages were draining Gary Johnsons budget so he was disposed of.

he only had 3 or 4 starts for us so be fair mate

besides, i heard he was on 2.5K a week, which is the same as murray so that cant be too much for a striker even at this level

i agree he needed more of a chance, but the replacements havent exactly troubled the bloke controlling the score board have they !

:devil::devil::devil:

Big wages for Bridges is £25 000 though. I'd imagine he was on a tenth of that at City. Did he get that signing on fee? Anyone know?

Why do people on this forum actually think Bridgey was on 'big' wages???

It was a well known fact he was on the average wage for a first team player at Ashton Gate which makes even more sense because Carlisle couldn't have afforded 'big' wages to take him off our hands :doh:

He wasn't homesick either as some people mentioned. He openly said that he and his wife loved the area and were settled and that he wanted to do well for the club.

I said it from day one. We should have given him as many/more chances than Stewart had under Tinnion. But he didn't get them. When he did, he didn't score or would miss, as some people call it, easy chances and was subsequently dropped. Classic Tinnion!

Whatever the conflict was between him and GJ remains a mystery to me. IMO, we should have been looking to build a team around Bridges and I would eat my hat if he didn't out-score Savage/Andrew/McCammon and any other striker GJ has brought to the club since.

I suppose you could call this the first case of GJ refusing to bury the hatchet with players that have peed him off for one reason or another and has since cost us Stewart, Phillips, Brown, Partridge etc. A trait I hope he won't continue but know he will!

Good luck to Bridgey though

Leroy Lita goes from League one to Championship for one million.

Michael Brighes spends 4 months in League two and he is wanted by premiership Villa?

One word - Whatever!

I have to agree. As much as I like Bridges because he is clearly a footballer, I am sure that the Prem scouts can see the obvious effect that his injuries have had on his pace and turning ability. Both of these can be hidden or at least less exposed at basement level and perhaps in the right side slightly higher, but further up the scale it can be far harder. I would think that the interest is either being hyped up by his agent, or that scouts have gone to watch him because he used to be a name.

Good luck to him, he can have a good career in the lower reaches of the league but he wont be back at the top anytime soon.

Archived