IGNORED

Next Season..

Betelgeuse

After reading Johnson saying its his team now and he'll only make 2 or 3 signings in the summer i fell like it'll be mid table finish. Personally i think to challenge for promotion we'll need at least 6 or 7 signings. We got to many players who i'd call 'squad players' at the moment. We are ok for GKs, but would need another left back, centre back and possibly another right back. Deffinatly a left winger along with a tough centre mid and a pacy goal scoring forward and maybe another striker. Brooker and cotterill I feel are good enough, Noble seems ok, also wilkshire, maybe scotty brown but not to sure weather the rest of the squad are good enough for a promtion push. I know its all about money and the right players beeing available but there is a while until the start of next season so i feel there is time to make strides to getting a promotion challenging team together. I know johnson cant say i'll be looking to bring in 7 or 8 players in the summer because that will have a bad effect on the current team, it just i doesnt feel full of confidence for next year and i'm sure most city fans wont be happy if we're in the same situation this time next year.

A few weeks ago I'd have said 5 signings - 2 full backs, 2 wingers and a striker. However, Woody and Orr seem to be improving at the back so I'm willing to revise it to 3 new signings.

They'll have to be good ones though. We need a strong and pacy striker who can score goals, and a pair of quick wingers who can get in behind defences to set up chances.

The rest of the side I feel might be good enough if we can field a settled side all season. It's not the best City side we've had by a long way but its generally solid and just needs an injection of pace and quality in order to compete at the top end of the division.

We need the board to regain the faith of the supporters by opening the chequebook for us to buy genuine quality players! Only then will we be able to get ourselves into a position to be promoted again.

We will also likely need more than 4-5 new signings because I cant see Brooker or Wilkshire being here next season.

Guest 30BCFC90

Doesn't matter about the quantity it matters about the quality.

I feel we are in desperate need of a good pacey Striker.

A good strong Defender and the right height.

And a good strong fast midfielder who can act as a leader- which is what we are lacking a good leader on the pitch.

After reading Johnson saying its his team now and he'll only make 2 or 3 signings in the summer i fell like it'll be mid table finish. Personally i think to challenge for promotion we'll need at least 6 or 7 signings. We got to many players who i'd call 'squad players' at the moment. We are ok for GKs, but would need another left back, centre back and possibly another right back. Deffinatly a left winger along with a tough centre mid and a pacy goal scoring forward and maybe another striker. Brooker and cotterill I feel are good enough, Noble seems ok, also wilkshire, maybe scotty brown but not to sure weather the rest of the squad are good enough for a promtion push. I know its all about money and the right players beeing available but there is a while until the start of next season so i feel there is time to make strides to getting a promotion challenging team together. I know johnson cant say i'll be looking to bring in 7 or 8 players in the summer because that will have a bad effect on the current team, it just i doesnt feel full of confidence for next year and i'm sure most city fans wont be happy if we're in the same situation this time next year.

depends what division we are in.

But saying we are in league 1 next year we need 2 good GOAL scoring strikers, pacey left winger. A holding midfielder, to allow more freedom elsewhere on the pitch and to cover back four. At the back a left back and right back is requierd. Orr and woodman are good and solid. But if we are talking about promotion I don't think they will be good enough.

Most people seem to be forgetting the talent coming through the accademy for next year. Whilst I admit they won't be ready to start every game, it should at least reduce the amount of players we need to bring in. I personally think our full stength line up at the moment should be good enough to get us into the play offs next year. However, I don't think our current squad is. Depending on how good the accademy players are (and from what I saw of them in pre season this year, I'm quite hopeful), then maybe our squad would be good enough to get us into the play offs. However, I still think we'd need a new left back, as if Woodman got injured we havn't got another left back.

I was looking at Colchesters squad on sky this afternoon. The most they have paid for a player is £50,000. Most of their players are picked up on frees. Their wage bill is just over a million a year and they attract around 3,500 fans for each game.

I'm hopeful given a close season, Johnson proves to be the man that is able to pick up these bargains a'la Brentford and Colchester.

all in all, we need an out and out left winger and striker as very high priorities. A ball winning defender, midfielder and left back are high priorities.

Archived