IGNORED

The Time Is Now...

mozo

A few posters on this forum got a bit miserable when our unbeaten run came to an end but in all fairness it was bound to happen.

The Colchester defeat was the first of a run of 7 games in which 5 were away. For any team, that's a challenge. Our record was:

P W D L PTS

7 2 2 3 8

Not too bad in fairness.

Now we've got 4 home matchers in the next 6, with the 2 away games against the bottom two sides.

We're 5 points off 10th, a realistic position in 6 games time assuming the players play to something like their ability.

That would leave us in 10th spot with 6 to play, pretty good going.

Can we do it?

A few posters on this forum got a bit miserable when our unbeaten run came to an end but in all fairness it was bound to happen.

The Colchester defeat was the first of a run of 7 games in which 5 were away. For any team, that's a challenge. Our record was:

P W D L PTS

7 2 2 3 8

Not too bad in fairness.

Now we've got 4 home matchers in the next 6, with the 2 away games against the bottom two sides.

We're 5 points off 10th, a realistic position in 6 games time assuming the players play to something like their ability.

That would leave us in 10th spot with 6 to play, pretty good going.

Can we do it?

Promotion isn't even worth thinking about this season. It wouldn't matter even if we were 10th in 6 games time, which is unlikely to say the least. We'd still be at least 10 points off 6th with just 7 games left. The top 6 are a leap beyond the rest and are picking up 1.7 points per game minimum, there is no way we can catch them.

Seriously, our target should be 55 points to guarantee survival and then blood some of the academy players that are getting pro deals.

Nibor

Maximum points available to City - 76. That might not enough to reach the play-offs even if City were to win all the remaining games.

I don't think he meant the playoffs. I think 10th place is realistically achievable given our remaining fixtures.

Maximum points available to City - 76. That might not enough to reach the play-offs even if City were to win all the remaining games.

Do you think we can rise to 10th in the next 6 games though?

That would leave us with 4 away games out of our last 6 games and, if our form continued we could maybe pick up enough points to hold onto 10th or climb a position or two.

I know it's getting ahead of ourselves, but with the fixtures coming up a top ten finish is definitely possible.

Gary Johnson will have done his job well if that happened.

I don't think he meant the playoffs. I think 10th place is realistically achievable given our remaining fixtures.

Spot on, sorry if it was ambiguous (not that I mentioned promotion/play-offs!).

lets just stay in this league. and give it a real go next season. don't forget we are only 2 points of the bottom 4. we need a win saturday and keep climbing the league.

Correct and teams behind have games in hand and........

lets just stay in this league. and give it a real go next season. don't forget we are only 2 points of the bottom 4. we need a win saturday and keep climbing the league.

Yeh, and this isn't a 'can we get promoted?' thread, but you can't ignore the fact that we've come through a tricky run of 7 games in a better position that we were previously.

Now we have 6 fixtures in which points are really there for the taking, which would take the pressure off our run-in.

I can see us winning four of them.

Yeh, and this isn't a 'can we get promoted?' thread, but you can't ignore the fact that we've come through a tricky run of 7 games in a better position that we were previously.

Now we have 6 fixtures in which points are really there for the taking, which would take the pressure off our run-in.

I can see us winning four of them.

I think we have a good chance of winning each of the next six, however, we are likely to slip up somewhere so I'd be delighted with 4W + 2D. I'd also take 4W + 1D + 1L or 3W + 3D. I suppose 3W + 2D + 1L would be OK-ish but any less would be disappointing.

I think we have a good chance of winning each of the next six, however, we are likely to slip up somewhere so I'd be delighted with 4W + 2D. I'd also take 4W + 1D + 1L or 3W + 3D. I suppose 3W + 2D + 1L would be OK-ish but any less would be disappointing.

I agree with that.

We're saying then that there's a realistic chance of gaining between 10 and 14 points in the next 6 fixtures.

That would leave us with 49-53 points with up to 18 left to play for and we'd be top half for sure.

We need a win on Saturday to get us off and running then!

We were talking here about the run of six winnable games:

We beat bournemouth 3-1, drew with Forest 1-1, and beat MKDons 1-0.

So halfway through we've managed 7 points from a possible 9.

Next up: Gillingham (h), Rotherham (a), and Yeovil (h).

We can win all three, but 7 points would suffice. That would leave us with 53 points and 6 games to play. No pressure then and we'd doubtless be in the top half.

A top ten finish would depend on picking up points in a six-game run-in that includes four away days, but we're on course so far!

Archived