IGNORED

Weve Missed Out On This One

Mikenoski

Guest HampshireCider

this is a true story, i didnt intend it to be a "I KNOW A TOP SUPERSTAR PLAYER" thread its just a prime example of "not good enough for city but performing in the championship"

About football if i'm not mistaken????

You are on a largely MALE forum, it was bound to happen. if you don't like the attention then don't post a pic of you in a top like that.

wear your city shirt and take a pic for this forum next time :blink:

Some people need to take a long, hard look at themselves. All i've done is post a perfectly normal message and ive started a massive debate. :dunno::doh:

Well I'm trying to get it back on track!

Phillips is an example of what we need more of - a local amateur with a enough talent to be brought in and turned into a good pro.

Didn't we take a striker on like that not long ago. Was it Ballinger or was he an early academy recruit?

Guest HampshireCider

Well I'm trying to get it back on track!

Phillips is an example of what we need more of - a local amateur with a enough talent to be brought in and turned into a good pro.

Didn't we take a striker on like that not long ago. Was it Ballinger or was he an early academy recruit?

And phillips will get us a fee when he leaves too. he is probaly the best example of local scouting left at the club :doh:

ballinger is not one of the 5 to get a deal is he?? I'm thinking hes going in the summer then.

this is a true story, i didnt intend it to be a "I KNOW A TOP SUPERSTAR PLAYER" thread its just a prime example of "not good enough for city but performing in the championship"

I realised that it just had the feel of one of those stories, that's all. Still could be.

The funny thing is, I secretly (not secret any more) want James Constable to turn out to be rubbish, Easter too for that matter.

Guest HampshireCider

I realised that it just had the feel of one of those stories, that's all. Still could be.

The funny thing is, I secretly (not secret any more) want James Constable to turn out to be rubbish, Easter too for that matter.

and hayter and reddy and parkin and.......................... :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

i cannot belive how much talent we have overlooked this transfer window under GJ for what ever reason.

and hayter and reddy and parkin and.......................... :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

i cannot belive how much talent we have overlooked this transfer window under GJ for what ever reason.

Yeh, I'm still not sure we could justify meeting the asking price for Hayter and Reddy, but I worry that when they're available for nowt in the summer, better teams'll snap em up leaving us back at square one.

I heard dubious reports on Parkin, and he wouldn't have chosen us over a Championship club.

The summer signings will play a major part in how fans judge Johnson I reckon.

Guest HampshireCider

Yeh, I'm still not sure we could justify meeting the asking price for Hayter and Reddy, but I worry that when they're available for nowt in the summer, better teams'll snap em up leaving us back at square one.

I heard dubious reports on Parkin, and he wouldn't have chosen us over a Championship club.

The summer signings will play a major part in how fans judge Johnson I reckon.

Exactly, now hayter is free I'm sure any championship clubs not willing to chance the fee on a league one striker will now be back in the frame, maybe meaning we are again beaten in the transfer game.

I think GJ has already been judged and it will now take the signing of beckham to get certain impatient fans to sing his name at AG and on this forum.

And phillips will get us a fee when he leaves too. he is probaly the best example of local scouting left at the club :doh:

ballinger is not one of the 5 to get a deal is he?? I'm thinking hes going in the summer then.

As I remember didn't Gary Owers discover the talents of Phillips, and he was a player at the time. So that doesn't exactly count as our scouting network discovering him.

I was unaware of us not having a proper scouting set up. How come it's not been bought up before? It's got to be one of the more major factors explaining the Club's permanent under-achievment imo.

One for StevieL maybe.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

....why do I keep ****in' Up? ('****in' Up' - Neil Young)

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I don't think it would have made a difference if we had found him. If Chelsea start sniffing about its game over for football league sides.

Not true at all, some footballers prefer to play to crowds than sit about, but if he's that good he might be ambitious enough to think he could get in their 1st team?

Guest cider_kirk

Studying the scoring charts is what every other club does first. we need scouts at Mangottsfield,Bath, FGR, all our local clubs and Even the pro 5 tournaments, Bristol has a rich array of football talent for us to tap into and the board are just lettin it slip away by letting other clubs get in front of us :@

God knows why we are scouting London based players while it seems god knows who are maiking the most of our smaller local clubs and sunday league talent! :@

Its only a matter of time before one of these kids who move half way across the country for a contract anounce he would have jumped at the chance of a trial at city !

half the players at mangottsfield, bath and FGR are ex-city players.

Our Non-League scouting has been pitiful for years. I can hardly remember any signings, and many years ago, we even managed to miss Paul Bodin despite him playing against us twice and looking the best player on the pitch.

As regards Leanne, I hope Brooker and Mac are as good a pair up front!!!

Archived