IGNORED

Steve Phillips Testimonial T-shirts

GeoTheCiderHead

Just seen the brand new Steve Phillips Testimonial 2006 t-shirts, hot off the press!!!!!! Ive heard they'll be available to buy from the City Supershop, The Three Lions and The Ship And Castle on Saturday. Quality shirt, quality print..... and only a tenner!!

[attachmentid=83][attachmentid=84]

Don't forget Steve's up and coming events with Ricky Hatton with guests, to name a few Ronnie Wood, Jimmy White, Phil Taylor and Sid Lawrence at the Thistle Hotel, Broad Street, Bristol on 1st April. Also the Legends Match - City v The Gas at the Hand Stadium, Clevedon, 7.00pm kick off on 25th April. Jackies' back with Bob and Shaun Taylor for City, and for The Gas....Ian Holloway and Penrice, can't think of any other legends for Rovers... Or just look at Steve Phillips' website.....

http://www.stevephillips10.co.uk for all the information...

I think I will wait until the string version comes out. Plenty of holes in it!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Thats right - I wouldn't attend.The thought of my money going into the pocket of any footballer (not just Phillips) would be too much to bear.

As I said before I would go if all the profits were going to charity.

But i thought you attended matches? What ever money we put into football clubs, Be it tickets, Merchindise etc, It goes into the players pockets, So your excuse is kinda lame really.

But i thought you attended matches? What ever money we put into football clubs, Be it tickets, Merchindise etc, It goes into the players pockets, So your excuse is kinda lame really.

not really the money goes to the club to help with allsorts of different things, from wages, to loan signings. (Paying off ex managers, something weve got in common!) but the testimonial, after operation costs, go directly to one player, the club that you love doesnt get a penny profit out of it!

not really the money goes to the club to help with allsorts of different things, from wages, to loan signings. (Paying off ex managers, something weve got in common!) but the testimonial, after operation costs, go directly to one player, the club that you love doesnt get a penny profit out of it!

So let me get this right, The don't make a single penny from any testimonial friendlie that may be held at Ashton Gate? So I guess They also wont make a penny from the new shirts that will be out or from over priced burgers and pies?

nope, from what i understand, operational costs are deducted from the total fund raised. Then ten percent will be given to charity, then income tax will be deducted, then stevie p takes the rest in his back pocket!

the food and burgers are from a franchise so city don't actually make any profit from a burger sold, they just rent out the outlets.

And your point is a very shallow one. True, some of the money that we all pay goes into the players pockets but thats very different from the whole of my £14 or so that would directly into the players pocket at a testimonial.

It a matter of principle - why should I or any fan want to hand over our hard earned cash into the bank account of a footballer who already earns more in a week than most of us earn in a month.Not to mention all the perks that go with being a pro-footballer like private medical cover,signing on fees and very lucrative pension scheme.Footballers are well rewarded enough during thier careers,far more so than the average worker.Do you know what 'reward' I get for over 30 years service to the NHS? - three extra days leave a year - wow!

And don't give me all that "its only a short career" rhetoric.My answer to that is simple - when your playing career is over get a job just like the rest of us.

And your point is a very shallow one. True, some of the money that we all pay goes into the players pockets but thats very different from the whole of my £14 or so that would directly into the players pocket at a testimonial.

It a matter of principle - why should I or any fan want to hand over our hard earned cash into the bank account of a footballer who already earns more in a week than most of us earn in a month.Not to mention all the perks that go with being a pro-footballer like private medical cover,signing on fees and very lucrative pension scheme.Footballers are well rewarded enough during thier careers,far more so than the average worker.Do you know what 'reward' I get for over 30 years service to the NHS? - three extra days leave a year - wow!

And don't give me all that "its only a short career" rhetoric.My answer to that is simple - when your playing career is over get a job just like the rest of us.

With no qualifications as you spent your education playing football?

With no qualifications as you spent your education playing football?

The PFA help currant and retired players to re-train - ask Mark Shail, which is a priveledge not afforded to many working class people who also leave school with no qualification but for different reasons.

These days if you have potential as a youngster you'll be picked up by an academy which inovles academic studies as well sport.

sorry but i just think you are the one being babyish now having modified the t-shirt saying pointless crap.

if you don't like steve phillips then don't support him but just cause you don't support someone that don't mean you got the right to go around slagging them off. you are just way out of order mate and i hope that you grow up for your own sake.

nope, from what i understand, operational costs are deducted from the total fund raised. Then ten percent will be given to charity, then income tax will be deducted, then stevie p takes the rest in his back pocket!

the food and burgers are from a franchise so city don't actually make any profit from a burger sold, they just rent out the outlets.

Shrek, u been on our forum since me lunchtime, go and play with yer blue bum boys please.............

Archived