IGNORED

Is He A Drunk?

deadratinmycider

Just out of interest, can anyone tell me whether they have actually witnessed Marcus Stewart out on the lash all days of the week?

I've heard loads of stories from other people about stuff

they had heard on the grapevine but no actual eye witnesses.

I have been really dissapointed with MS this season, he hasn't even looked like a professional footballer to me when he has played, let

alone a striker who has graced the summit of the English game.

So why is this? I tend to blame his social life, being back in Bristol with his mates after all these stories I keep hearing. Is this the case? or is it just being blown out of all proportion? Come on people, let me hear you!

there is probably some truth in it. but there really is so much cr@p flying around its hard to know what to believe and how much of it is actually true and how much is rot.

personally i just wish we had a team that was playing well and entertaining us and that all we talked about was football not this soap opera that has become bcfc whereby all we seem to talk about is who's been on the juice too much, who's had a row with who, who doesnt get on or like so and so.... wer'e the ones that have really suffered for all of this :@

I was expecting a thread about Malone. The answer to that question would have been a resounding, "yes".

Ah Doc, just made some kiddie in N.Bristol giggle his little head off. Bless you.

I noticed when I was a top athlete (Egg and spoon race World Champ 3 years running!) I had the same problem, averaging six cans of blackthorne a night and everyone starts making accusations of non-professionalism. It's pathetic really.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

The rooms were so much colder then, my father was a soldier then and times were very hard - when I was young. ('When I was Young' - The Animals)

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Just out of interest, can anyone tell me whether they have actually witnessed Marcus Stewart out on the lash all days of the week?

I've heard loads of stories from other people about stuff

they had heard on the grapevine but no actual eye witnesses.

So why is this? I tend to blame his social life, being back in Bristol with his mates after all these stories I keep hearing. Is this the case? or is it just being blown out of all proportion? Come on people, let me hear you!

I must admit, I haven't seen him so much as tipsy this season, however I have heard so many stories - at the ground, on here, chatting to friends - about his so-called party lifestyle, it's difficult to ignore the old 'smoke without fire' adage.

However, until I see him throwing up outside of the local kebab shop with a bottle of champagne in one hand and a wrap of cocaine in the other, I'll remain suspicious.

I hope you all realise, of course, that he might only have been out and got drunk a couple of times...!? These pubs/clubs hold a lot of people and if in one night 100 people saw him drunk, that doesn't mean he's been out drinking 100 times.....

I must admit, I haven't seen him so much as tipsy this season, however I have heard so many stories - at the ground, on here, chatting to friends - about his so-called part lifestyle, it's difficult to ignore the old 'smoke without fire' adage.

However, until I see him throwing up outside of the local kebab shop with a bottle of champagne in one hand and a wrap of cocaine in the other, I will remain suspicious.

I hope you all realise of course, that he might only have been out and got drunk a couple of times...!? These pubs/clubs hold a lot of people and if in one night 100 people saw him drunk, that doesn't mean he's been out drinking 100 times.....

This is the same as me, i've heard some really bad stories. If these stories are true, then he should be

thrown out of the club. However, i've only heard them from someone who's heard them from someone

else!!

True, there's normally no smoke without fire, but sometimes the fire is given a helping hand.

Guest DrFaustus

He could go out on the **** as much as he want if he was playing well.

Problem is he has been so poor it's emmbarssed the club really.

Is that all Marcus' fault? Hasn't the Midget played him out of position, publicly berated him, refused to play him out of stubborness and generally done all he can to damage his confidence and enthusiasm for your club?

He's only been played out of position a couple of times, and that was mainly by Tinman and I don't recall him being publically berated. Refused to play him out of stubborness...hmm...refused to play him out of form or fitness, more like. And generally done all he can to damage his confidence and enthusiasm for the club - well, you can't really measure that, can you?

Guest HampshireCider

I've not heard anything, so I'm not much help. But it tends to be the case that whenevr a "sports person" Is out for a night, stories are a little exagurated at times. But who knows?! :dunno: xx

He can be seen every weds eve\night in the Essex drinking with gasheads who wont say a word to him as they all know full well that its our club thats gettin the p155 taken out of it by all these antics

Guest DrFaustus

No.

no.

He's only been played out of position a couple of times, and that was mainly by Tinman and I don't recall him being publically berated. Refused to play him out of stubborness...hmm...refused to play him out of form or fitness, more like. And generally done all he can to damage his confidence and enthusiasm for the club - well, you can't really measure that, can you?

Only asking! :D

i've gotta say the only 'marcus on the lash' story i've ever heard (let alone seen) was from the end of last season, where a sunderland supporting mate of mine bumped into him on a night out and bought him a pint to thank him for his goals. marcus ended up purcasing the lad about four beers in return and my friend said he drank no more than anyone else present plus he looked fit as a fiddle.

as for now with the constant berating of him here i have no clue of any real encounters as no one ever backs them up (whether their allowed to i dunno...). but i can't believe he's our very gazza circa 1996, cause he's always passing these bleep tests/ten mile runs etc... its his form that got him dropped from where i was sitting (the stand not the bar stool) and considering people off here bump into scotty murray and people at the odd night club now and again i wouldn't think that stewarts social life would effect his selection, unless he was upto antics of Mr J Pennant (of the other BCFC) size proportions, which i guess we can only assume is not the case.

i've gotta say the only 'marcus on the lash' story i've ever heard (let alone seen) was from the end of last season, where a sunderland supporting mate of mine bumped into him on a night out and bought him a pint to thank him for his goals. marcus ended up purcasing the lad about four beers in return and my friend said he drank no more than anyone else present plus he looked fit as a fiddle.

as for now with the constant berating of him here i have no clue of any real encounters as no one ever backs them up (whether their allowed to i dunno...). but i can't believe he's our very gazza circa 1996, cause he's always passing these bleep tests/ten mile runs etc... its his form that got him dropped from where i was sitting (the stand not the bar stool) and considering people off here bump into scotty murray and people at the odd night club now and again i wouldn't think that stewarts social life would effect his selection, unless he was upto antics of Mr J Pennant (of the other BCFC) size proportions, which i guess we can only assume is not the case.

Yes but the man is a blatant kay-nunt.

Guest HampshireCider

Belive what you have been told, but i belive what i SEE, i have camera phone footage of marcus DOWNING half pints of cider and not caring as he is in the company of gas pals. the bloke is in the essex early weds evenings so pop down one night and I'm sure you'll see him yourselfs soon.

Belive what you have been told, but i belive what i SEE, i have camera phone footage of marcus DOWNING half pints of cider and not caring as he is in the company of gas pals. the bloke is in the essex early weds evenings so pop down one night and I'm sure you'll see him yourselfs soon.

The thing is though, i'm not to worried about a player going on the sauce one night a week. Drinking on

a Wednesday doesn't break any club rules I don't think as it's not near a game.

I'd only be worried if it was regular drinking or any other activities :shifty:

Back it up then with some proof.

Guest HampshireCider

The thing is though, i'm not to worried about a player going on the sauce one night a week. Drinking on

Wedensday are the players day off so he has a drink, All I'm saying is that he goes mad on the sauce when hes out then. I'm sure his poor form is not due to these weds nights (i blame GJ for that) but the drinking factor will always be brought up when poor form is mentioned.

Back it up then with some proof.

Whats your number?? i'll send the clips to anyones mobile, pc, ect ect

I have had the good pleasure to bump into MS a few times over the past couple of weeks, and every time ive seen him, he has looked and acted fine, not a hint of being on the p155 about him. I generally have a beer on a friday or saturday night and quite often i will be drunk. Does this make me bad at my job?

Granted, its not the same as being a proffesional sportman, but if having a few beers on a wednesday night helps him relax then fine. If i was getting the same stick he is, I would probably be in the boozer a hell of a lot more than him.

The only problem ive got is the fact he's drinking in kingswood, thats only asking for trouble. I'm from kingswood and even I don't drink there.

i think this was kinda the point i was trying to put (but badly i guess...). if the guy knows his limits regarding his 'liquid social life', doesn't push them and put the hours in at the 'office' when he needs to, what is the issue? or is it bigger than that?

plus he's not up infront of a court for affray anytime soon like some of our other lads are, which could break down four of our boys careers alot faser than a few half pint of cider.

i'm not a 'lover' or 'hater' on this i'd, like to point out, and wouldn't play macus if i was the gaffer on performance on the pitch alone, but i guess i share deadratinmycider's interest in why hes sucha 'leg end' with the boozing. cause one night heavy on the sauce a week (especially if he is very tight on diet/fitness the rest of the time) can't make him go from 17 goal championship winner to third choice bottom half league one overnight... can it? :blink:

Seems like Marcus goes out and likes a beer. A friend of mine has himself seen him. But so what? He is one of the fittest players at the club and if we actually played him with this improved midfield he will get us goals. I'm fed up of this Marcus bashing, he is an extremely good player and can do a job for us.

Downing half pints of Cider!??!

My god man. In my day a player would have been off the side for drinking halves as likely being somebody they did not want in the team bath! And the only bleeb test that mattered was the one on the stop watch for the yard of cider.

Marcus drinks halves of cider! Hardly front page news is it!

DOWNING a half pint of cider, now that is some mean feat, boy i wish i could do that! :doh:

Its a wednesday night, he's got 2 and a half days before he has to play, I'm sure a few half pints will be out of his system by then!

god, some of you need to assess your values!

Archived