IGNORED

Amarillo

Will Rollason

ok, i know youre probably sick of threads on it but.................................

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT................................

I want to celebrate the goals in my own way, the way we have always or used to do it, sing out a song for the player OR something city related :englandsmile4wf:

take that rubbish off the tannoy its really really plisting i rite orrrfff

:whistle:

From Barnsley.

Personally, I'd prefer no music at all when we score. Let's try and do something a bit different from every other club in the country, and let the fans celebrate goals in their own way. There was never a problem with it before.

thats what i meant :crying: i don't object to the song so much as the need to have music at all. Why do we have it? Well i would hazard a guess that originally the idea came from the states maybe American football, to increase crowd participation or whatever? and didnt it start in the Scott Davidson era? Remember the cheerleaders? And getting the samba band to play ALL THE WAY THROUGH one game :doh::doh::doh:

Just felt after Brooks scored his second i would have liked to have cheered him or sung him a song but by the time the sudding clips finished its kick off! :@

Why do we have it? Well i would hazard a guess that originally the idea came from the states maybe American football, to increase crowd participation or whatever?

Got it one. Football is now seen purely as an entertainment industy, and now that the profile of the average match-going fan is changing, they feel the need to make it more of a spectacle. Hence the music after a goal is scored and the assorted cack that passes for half-time entertainment (what was wrong with just reading the scores out and having a prize draw or something ?)

I hear the club will have someone standing at the front of the stands next, holding various cards up at differing stages of the game to ask the audience to clap/cheer or sing.

I hear the Club will have some people playing musical instruments over the rest of the crowd's singing until there is next to no singing at all.....oh wait

thats what i meant :crying: i don't object to the song so much as the need to have music at all. Why do we have it? Well i would hazard a guess that originally the idea came from the states maybe American football, to increase crowd participation or whatever? and didnt it start in the Scott Davidson era? Remember the cheerleaders? And getting the samba band to play ALL THE WAY THROUGH one game :doh::doh::doh:

Just felt after Brooks scored his second i would have liked to have cheered him or sung him a song but by the time the sudding clips finished its kick off! :@

Yeah, I wander where the idea came from to have music/bands etc, as appose to real emotion sounding out from the stands...

By the way, we can sing after kick off, but I get what you mean... the moments gone once everyone has to sit down again.

It's funny that you should say that the music stops the real singing and emotion from taking off...thats what I've been saying for years that the band does, but it doesn't seem as if they are aware that this is what they do....

Get rid of music/bands, have a terraced area available and lets turn Ashton Gate into a football ground again!

No offence to anyone, I'm sure that most people want a good atmosphere at the football and this is one way of doing it in my opinion.

Anyone got any other ideas to get the atmosphere and the singing louder and livelier again?

I hear the Club will have some people playing musical instruments over the rest of the crowd's singing until there is next to no singing at all.....oh wait

Yeah, I wander where the idea came from to have music/bands etc, as appose to real emotion sounding out from the stands...

By the way, we can sing after kick off, but I get what you mean... the moments gone once everyone has to sit down again.

It's funny that you should say that the music stops the real singing and emotion from taking off...thats what I've been saying for years that the band does, but it doesn't seem as if they are aware that this is what they do....

Get rid of music/bands, have a terraced area available and lets turn Ashton Gate into a football ground again!

No offence to anyone, I'm sure that most people want a good atmosphere at the football and this is one way of doing it in my opinion.

Anyone got any other ideas to get the atmosphere and the singing louder and livelier again?

Precisly BB! **** Amarillo (it's not the NFL ya know!)... They even do the same at International Rugby matches now!? :@

Get rid of the band (unless they lead the singing) and bring back a safe standing area. Re safe standing then unfortunately I think there is as much chance of that happening as their is of Robbored slating Brian Tinnion. :whistle:

Gte rid of it for god sake! It annoys more people than it pleases so listen to the majority.

Nothing will get done about it anyway boys.

How do you know its the majority of people it annoys?? Not saying i am in favour of it but there is numerous folk around where i sit who get right into it. I don't think we should get rid of music altogether just perhaps change it as i do agree "sha la la la la la la la la *clap clap*" gets rather tedious after a while :whistle:

Archived