IGNORED

Visiting Executives

The Casual Connoisseur

The only slightly naughty thing I saw in the Forest ground was the lone City-supporting knobhead who started having a go at his own fans in the away end near me, loudly shouting abuse at them. Sad, perhaps, but hardly hard-as-nails hooliganism, and he was quickly shouted down by those around him.

I didn't see any drama outside, either, but I wasn't looking for it so I guess it must have happened elsewhere.

As for the Forest fans outside, I had a chat with quite a few and they were generally charming, good-humoured and well-disposed towards us. Much better than when we went there all those years ago for the semi-final and were urinated on by Forest fans in the tier above us. Not that it prevented that day from being filed among my most treasured moments of supporting City.

don't start the thread of forest again i don't think i can take it!

Charmin, Good humoured.. well disposed..

Were you in the Pub by trent Bridge Before the game? No..

After.. Were they the same blokes chasin us back to our minibus sayin there going to cut us up?

Quite a few is how many exactly?

Ahhh, but where were you then? must have been down the side as loads were up on the away terrace.(we were)

at least getting pi ssed on kept you warm!!! it was a cold evening as I recall.

I was indeed down the side. Got stuck overnight at Derby station after missing the last train home, too. The police insisted on locking me and my mate inside a freezing-cold stone waiting room on a platform along with half a dozen City fans who'd missed the train because they had been arrested for fighting and only just released...and two trainspotters who were waiting for some loco to rattle through the station at 4am.

I will never forget how oblivious the spotters were to the fact they were nearly murdered that night. The hoolies were trying to get some kip on the benches, but couldn't because these bloody spotters were trying to keep each other awake by loudly testing each other on the name, number, colour and overnighting station of various engines and carriages in their trainspotting book. The hoolies were getting more and more wound up and their threats and shouts to 'shut the **** up' were met with a few moments of silence followed by the reading out of the number of another train. Finally, at 4am, this engine raced through the station in a blur, the pair ticked it off in their books and went straight to sleep.

How they escaped without a thumping I will never know.

Forgive me.

Lets face it it is slightly more related than saturday night rucking in town.

I am not condoning anything either before the PC brigade start, It is just a thread, you could choose to ignore it???

Or we could just delete it and have a Bas Savage :pinch: Marcus Stewart debate......or maybe we could have another thread debating the catering services in the Williams........

i agree the bas v marcus debates are boring and i do choose to ignore things i am uninterested in normally. but this just jar's me off too much, as i just think that people should keep talk of so called footy violence to other websites, such as that rivals one or whatever it is called, and if they want to scrap then fine, do it on a deserted industrial estate or something where no one is around, just don't do it infront of normal people some of whom are taking their kids to matches?!??!?!?!!??!?

don't start the thread of forest again i don't think i can take it!

Charmin, Good humoured.. well disposed..

Were you in the Pub by trent Bridge Before the game? No..

After.. Were they the same blokes chasin us back to our minibus sayin there going to cut us up?

Quite a few is how many exactly?

I'm not disputing there may have been some aggro at a pub. There was none I saw inside the ground other than what happened between our own fans sparked by that one fan giving his own fellow fans abuse, and I had no problems myself either going to the ground or leaving afterwards. I didn't go to any pub. I just stood around hanging about in the streets stuffing my face with fish & chips! On the way to and from the ground I found myself chatting to a few Forest fans as I walked back to my car, and the ones I spoke to seemed fine. I've no doubt that Forest, like us, can count some knuckle-dragging thugs among their number.

Guest Forest for life

Couldn't agree more milo. Its disgusting when normal families are put off by idiots at clubs who think they are above everyone. Attacking pubs isnt on either. As i said most of our idiots are banned whatever you hear so i wouldnt worry.

Couldn't agree more milo. Its disgusting when normal families are put off by idiots at clubs who think they are above everyone. Attacking pubs isnt on either. As i said most of our idiots are banned whatever you hear so i wouldnt worry.

ok, but how about the fact I'm offended by your signature mate??

Not able to debate over who you think are the danger men on Forests team? Not able to have discussions about their injuries and suspensions? don't want to discuss possible tactics?

Then why not join some of the absolute clowns on his thread who would rather act like they are part of a 'firm'. These clowns don't have to know anything about football... because they don't really care... they would much rather have an opportunity to talk about how 'hard' they are.

It always makes me laugh when threads appear on here saying 'so and so are bringing x amount down' and 'so and so will have 30 sat in the dolman'.. Who ever adds these comments must be very skilled in espionage to know such details of a rival 'firms' intentions.... Either that or they are complete BS'ers

I don't see anywhere in the original post discussing violence of any sort - only the possibility that Forest (as with most ''big clubs'') may bring some undesirable sorts with them on Saturday....

And maybe - just maybe - this kind of thread can be seen as a kind of public service broadcast (!) to those that might not be ''in the know'' about which teams have alleged ''firms'' and are thus able to take any preventative actions they deem fit if they are bringing young children, wives etc - fore warned is fore armed!!!! Its part of football - not as much as it used to be, but still is....would have loved to have known earlier in the season not to park the other side of Burslem at Port Vale - trust me!! :@ :englandsmile4wf:

Guest Forest for life

No more blasphemous than oh my god which people say every day without knowing. Are there any routes with pubs on to avoid after the game which may be vulnerable? Obviously need to park along a route which will be relatively safe.

No more blasphemous than oh my god which people say every day without knowing. Are there any routes with pubs on to avoid after the game which may be vulnerable? Obviously need to park along a route which will be relatively safe.

Thought you hated the violence, but your signature endorces it Forest,

I hate Derby, I hate Derby, its nowhere near the same as saying oh my God, and its hardly friendly mate is it?

Guest Cary Grant supported City

I think it is fair to expect a visit from the Forest Executive Crew.

Having lived near Nottingham for a fair few years now, it's easy to spot the so called Forest Executive Crew by their distinctive footware.....................

IPB Image

So now you know how to spot them, it's best to stay clear of them!!.

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

I don't see anywhere in the original post discussing violence of any sort - only the possibility that Forest (as with most ''big clubs'') may bring some undesirable sorts with them on Saturday....

And maybe - just maybe - this kind of thread can be seen as a kind of public service broadcast (!) to those that might not be ''in the know'' about which teams have alleged ''firms'' and are thus able to take any preventative actions they deem fit if they are bringing young children, wives etc - fore warned is fore armed!!!! Its part of football - not as much as it used to be, but still is....would have loved to have known earlier in the season not to park the other side of Burslem at Port Vale - trust me!! :@ :englandsmile4wf:

I remember just before the Swansea game...some clown was on here spouting a load of rubbish about 'undesirable' Swans fans having at least 30 in the Dolman....Yet the game came and went without incident (sorry I got that wrong there were 8 arrests after the game)

This person may have tried to offer a public service, but I hope there wasnt anyone who read his comments and thought twice about going.... because whoever said it was full of crap.

Thought you hated the violence, but your signature endorces it Forest,

I hate Derby, I hate Derby, its nowhere near the same as saying oh my God, and its hardly friendly mate is it?

''we hate Derby''...Its hardly a chant that is calling all Forest fans to commit mindless acts of hooliganism!!!

Come on for pitys sake!!!! :doh:

Guest Forest for life

You've clearly been scoping the derby songs site Cary. The original Xmas aid song was for derby not us and there is an audio for it somewhere. We hate derby is a football chant that dates back decades I'm starting to think some of you city fans have affiliations with derby!

Guest Cary Grant supported City

I'm not here to offend anyone .

So you've had a bath then!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm starting to think some of you city fans have affiliations with derby!

Pub Landlord is a Forest Fan!!.

So if Forest win, he'll feel sorry for me, and buy me a drink or two!!!

And WHEN City win, he'll have to buy me a few drinks in order for me to stop winding him up over it!!!.

So i'm in a win/win situation here!!

Cheers!!.

:city::farmer::city:

Guest Forest for life

Nope haven't used the bath in donkeys years. I've moved with the times with the modern emergence of the shower! But i wouldn't say no to a bathe in the Trent in the summer now that would be a religious cleansing.

Guest Forest for life

No probs mate. I can't believe i've survived here for this long to be honest as one guy said it must be the red colour. My main concern for saturday will be that we'll be playing in the fateful Brazil kit which has proved to leak goals like a sieve and the best result in it this season was a 1-1 draw at Rotherham. I know its a bad omen and could help your cause.

Not able to debate over who you think are the danger men on Forests team? Not able to have discussions about their injuries and suspensions? don't want to discuss possible tactics?

Then why not join some of the absolute clowns on his thread who would rather act like they are part of a 'firm'. These clowns don't have to know anything about football... because they don't really care... they would much rather have an opportunity to talk about how 'hard' they are.

It always makes me laugh when threads appear on here saying 'so and so are bringing x amount down' and 'so and so will have 30 sat in the dolman'.. Who ever adds these comments must be very skilled in espionage to know such details of a rival 'firms' intentions.... Either that or they are complete BS'ers

Slightly sweeping statement :handbags:

and there was me thinking that this was a FOOTBALL forum. if people want to try and cause trouble let them try and let the police try and stop them, but don't give it the merit of discussing it on here!!!

mate you have to talk about to a degree so you know what to expect and stay safe away from it :dunno:

Guest Harry Dolman

mate you have to talk about to a degree so you know what to expect and stay safe away from it :dunno:

I'm not so sure, there are loads of people that go to footy and are pretty oblivious to the world of "firms" etc. Personally I have the same routine every game regardless.

If 1 bunch of knuckleheads wants to have a fight with another bunch then frankly I say good luck to them. The problem is some peoele try & make it more honourable than it is, yes some of the fights are pre-arranged etc, but also innocent people get caught up in things.

Then theres the issue of the "wannabe" hoolie, they watched the Football Factory, bought their Burbury & are just an annoying pest.

I haven't seen any trouble around Bedminster for years (& thats where I drink pre/post match) & long may it continue.

If 1 bunch of knuckleheads wants to have a fight with another bunch then frankly I say good luck to them. The problem is some people try & make it more honourable than it is, yes some of the fights are pre-arranged etc, but also innocent people get caught up in things.

I remember during the bad old days of all this my dads opinion was that rather than spend all the money on policing the hoolies; "they should put them all in Ashton Park, ring it off and let them go for it. Every time they tried to leave, throw 'em back in until they can't take anymore. At least then the rest of us could enjoy the game in peace".

I miss my old man............. :blush:

Archived