IGNORED

Could You Hear The Forest Sing?

mozo

Not the electric atmosphere I was hoping for!

14,300 attendance was slightly less than we hoped for too.

It was a shame that all those Forest fans barely made a squeak until they scored, and likewise the Atyeo had been pretty quiet up til our equaliser.

Worryingly a group of no more than 100 G-Blockers out sung the rest of the ground for the majority of the game, and even they were silent as the ground became a library at the start of the 2nd half.

Not the electric atmosphere I was hoping for!

14,300 attendance was slightly less than we hoped for too.

It was a shame that all those Forest fans barely made a squeak until they scored, and likewise the Atyeo had been pretty quiet up til our equaliser.

Worryingly a group of no more than 100 G-Blockers out sung the rest of the ground for the majority of the game, and even they were silent as the ground became a library at the start of the 2nd half.

Yeah, G-block was a good laugh, but we need to do something to increase the overall noise levels at Ashton Gate...

The overall efforts of Ashton Gate was a bit embarrassing to be honest.

Any suggestions?

This is the best idea that I can think of at the moment http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=53434

Turning the Lower Williams into terracing would get most of the singing type of supporter together for a more condenced noise, which would encourage the rest of the ground to join in, like it did when the East End was open.

We need to sort the atmosphere out at Ashton Gate, I don't think that anyone can honestly say that Ashton Gate is as loud as it could/should be...

Guest Forest for life

We sang and sang and sang. We only went quiet when we were shushing the city fans who never made a sound bar the goal. Apart from a few chants from the meatheads in the lower stand on the right you didnt make a sound.

We sang and sang and sang. We only went quiet when we were shushing the city fans who never made a sound bar the goal. Apart from a few chants from the meatheads in the lower stand on the right you didnt make a sound.

:w00t:

What have you been sniffing?!

:laugh:

Same as ever then, we can't hear the away team and they can't hear us.

Maybe instead of everyone being right at the back of the stand we should all go to the front?

Or that idea about turning the Lower Williams/Dolman into terracing that I've mentioned...

We need to do something though....

Guest Harvey9

You are off of your head mate! Your fans were crap today :laugh:.Can you hear the Forest sing!? No! No! :laugh:

Wow, you got back quickly! :laugh:

I barely heard a peep out of the Forest fans to be honest, but then we were no great shakes ourselves! G Block were loud as usual, and I heard a few songs from the Atyeo but there are too many isolated pockets of singers scattered across the ground.

You liar!

I would be ashamed to be a forest fan after your showing today. For maybe 5 minutes after your goal you made some noise, other than that, you were a disgrace.

Comparing you to other teams that have filled the east end in recent years (swansea, QPR, plymouth, reading, sheff weds etc.) would be like comparing a flute with a big bass drum.

To be fair, our fans were pretty poor too. However had your fans made some effort i think ours would have responded and we could have a pretty good atmosphere.

Guest Forest for life

I was in the middle of the noise making fans and we were singing and shouting lots. As i said didnt hear much from city fans at all. Having said that only about half of our fans sang and not in concentrated areas so we didnt make as much noise as we should have.

You liar!

I would be ashamed to be a forest fan after your showing today. For maybe 5 minutes after your goal you made some noise, other than that, you were a disgrace.

Comparing you to other teams that have filled the east end in recent years (swansea, QPR, plymouth, reading, sheff weds etc.) would be like comparing a flute with a big bass drum.

To be fair, our fans were pretty poor too. However had your fans made some effort i think ours would have responded and we could have a pretty good atmosphere.

To be fair, I could hear them at the start of the match, but then I couldn't after a while. Maybe the effort was lacking from the City fans rather than the Forest fans. G Block was pretty much solo today, apart from maybe three or four times (max!).

Yes You may have done, but just couldn't hear you is all!

If our fans were crap yours werent at the game!

Oh grow up ,t 055 er!

I was in the middle of the noise making fans and we were singing and shouting lots. As i said didnt hear much from city fans at all. Having said that only about half of our fans sang and not in concentrated areas so we didnt make as much noise as we should have.

I spoke with a Forest fan who'd sat in the Williams Stand after the game and he descibed his own support as being 'boring' and 'quiet'.

You were very poor, especially bearing in mind the numbers. We sang in block G throughout and frankly it doesn't matter if you didn't hear cus the players certainly did!

Your support weren't even standing during the match which I was suprised at, seeing as Swansea managed it for the entire game...

I thought it was the best atmosphere in G Block all season and probably down to the fact that the subbers came back from the lower Dolman.

Apart from when they scored i didnt see any Forest fans singing, the singers must have been spread out in the away end and i couldnt see anyone standing up.

good game today enjoyed it!! what is that song we will fight for evermore beacause of saturday about? its rubbish! :blink:

perhaps you cant understand the bristol/somerset accent, gloucester boy,

as for being rubbish, what sort of rubbish do you sing in gloucestershire?

"we love you rovers?"

I thought it was the best atmosphere in G Block all season and probably down to the fact that the subbers came back from the lower Dolman.

Apart from when they scored i didnt see any Forest fans singing, the singers must have been spread out in the away end and i couldnt see anyone standing up.

Was good to be back near the top after all the Gibbs stuff waas good to see those lads singing up

good game today enjoyed it!! what is that song we will fight for evermore beacause of saturday about? its rubbish! :blink:

Hark now hear, the City sing,

The Rovers run away (again!)

And we will fight forever more

Because of Saturday....

Although I would replace the word fight, with sing, as lets be honest, most people who sing that song won't/don't fight. Me included!

Unless it mean's fight in spirit as appose to fisty cuffs... :whistle:

"we love you rovers?"

actually i haven't quite picked up the accent yet in chelters belters pal! you got the manc accent down to a fine art?

actually i haven't quite picked up the accent yet in chelters belters pal! you got the manc accent down to a fine art?

? Try Flax Bourton, but you wouldnt know where that is coming from (deep in) the wrong county.

Supporting city since 1995 and you don't know the words to that "rubbish" song?

Mix all the fans together then you will hear some real singing & shouting.Especially from the Forest fans as they are carried out of the ground!!!!!!! :dance:

Absolutely the worst post ever!!!

Are you really a hooligan, or just a childish little boy. I know which my moneys on.

Fans like this we don't really need.

? Try Flax Bourton, but you wouldnt know where that is coming from (deep in) the wrong county.

Supporting city since 1995 and you don't know the words to that "rubbish" song?

no i cant honestly say i do know where that place is!! No i didnt know the exact words. Always thought it was a sheffield wednesday song sang as a result of a fight with united on one boxing day? i find our version rather amusing thats all

no i cant honestly say i do know where that place is!! No i didnt know the exact words. Always thought it was a sheffield wednesday song sang as a result of a fight with united on one boxing day? i find our version rather amusing thats all

I think it's a good song and one of the songs that is sang loudly, which can only be a good thing.

I'm sure it will grow on you! :city:

"we love you rovers?"

mo glos is not glos boy; who by the way was born and bred in BRISTOL for 25years so shut up you twonk until you know what you are talking about :@

Get used to it boys.

At one point where part of Dolman B were singing "Flying High.." I couldnt help myself byberating the seated ones in front of me who just don't want to know.

Unfortunately a vast majority of spectators nowadays are the same as Rugby fans....

...just shout when there is a chance of a goal

I think it's a good song and one of the songs that is sang loudly, which can only be a good thing.

I'm sure it will grow on you! :city:

No it really wont grow on me. It truly is awful. Fair point though, it was sung loudly

:city:

Archived