IGNORED

Bring Back The Robin

Flaxbourton Red

Since this season is about to fizzel out, isnt this the right time for Steve L to start consulting with fans about a new badge or bringing back the robin?

The attempt to change it last year was bizarre and amaturish.

There are lots of things i would like to see back at the gate, but there is NO one at the club that listens.

There are lots of things i would like to see back at the gate, but there is NO one at the club that listens.

Just like no one listened to our attempts to get the shirt changed last year, and how no one listened when we wanted a high-profile manager, etc.

If this is the "bring things back" thread, then I'll just add terracing to the list.

Lets see if anything is brought back.

I would like to have white shorts and the Robin back too.

These things are pretty simple things that can be done to please the fans in my opinion.

Will the Club hear our wishes and take action? Time will tell!

Just like no one listened to our attempts to get the shirt changed last year, and how no one listened when we wanted a high-profile manager, etc.

sacrasm eh Ron. who's this high profile manager you talk about then?

white shorts and the robin badge, bring them back!!

500 a side punch-ups anyone ????

:laugh:

I'm just off to get the ball rolling with my 'bring back being allowed to bring girt crates of cider into the ground with you' campaigne.

The badge though: wasn't broken and it certainly didn't need fixing so why did they bother? (WTF was all that about? - to put it in my own language)? Oh yeah, silly me, that compulsary attribute of cluenessnes required when being made responsible for making important decisions.

By the way, am actually beginning to bore myself with my continued questioning of the muppets that always seem to get themselves into positions of authorety so I'm going to give it a rest (for now ;):laugh: .)

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

....those who feel they're touched by madness - sit down next to me, those who find themselves rediculous - sit down next to me..... ('Sit Down')

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

My lord. Imagine if they did consult the fans? They might get something right for a change...

New shirt, new badge - all things that should be up for discussion.

hmm.. they sort of consulted us last year, after the riduculous badge and shirt design, but home and away kit we got was still a p** take.

board is out of touch and fashion

Guest revkev

Keep the City and County of Bristol badge, but let's have white shorts. It's in the 1982 constitution, after the 1981-2 season when we had red shirts and black shorts.

hmm.. they sort of consulted us last year, after the riduculous badge and shirt design, but home and away kit we got was still a p** take.

board is out of touch and fashion

Sort of consulted us? If you mean putting the new badge on a new shirt none of us had seen - us all kicking off about it - and the board forced into removing the badge and polling us on a new shirt as consultation, then I'm Puff Daddy.

Whilst consultation lets people air their views it often does little to quell disquiet after a decision has been made.

You will never get 100% agreement and when a decision is made those whose views were over-looked start griping and moaning that they weren't listened to.

If someone did take the decision to present say 3 possible badge designs for fans to vote on. There would be complaints about how the 3 designs were chosen and why we couldn't choose from 5!

Say the votes were cast and the winning badge wins 40% of the votes. That immediately means that 60% of people didn't vote for it and therefore the selected badge was chosen by a minority of fans.

To my mind this creates more problems than it solves.

So Do I

With regards to the Robin, I'm fed up with local press calling two other local clubs the Robins

But that's the thing, we are also called the robin. We aren't called the ship and docks are we? dockers? shippers?

We are the Robins. I think it's the best design we have anyway.

Whilst consultation lets people air their views it often does little to quell disquiet after a decision has been made.

You will never get 100% agreement and when a decision is made those whose views were over-looked start griping and moaning that they weren't listened to.

If someone did take the decision to present say 3 possible badge designs for fans to vote on. There would be complaints about how the 3 designs were chosen and why we couldn't choose from 5!

Say the votes were cast and the winning badge wins 40% of the votes. That immediately means that 60% of people didn't vote for it and therefore the selected badge was chosen by a minority of fans.

To my mind this creates more problems than it solves.

True, but why not have the current and robin badge up for vote? I reckon the robin would be preferred by over 75% of fans.

As for the shirt, shirts are temporary. If I was part of the 60% overlooked - Id get over it.

Guest revkev

I'll add:

Surges behind the goal in the East End.

Donkey jackets

Bovver Boots

Scarves round each wrist

Norman Hunter

Away days at Eastville

You couldn't beat a good "surge" in the old days, could you? Nearest thing we get to a surge these days is when someone jumps the queue to the gents near the Dolman A Block

You couldn't beat a good "surge" in the old days, could you? Nearest thing we get to a surge these days is when someone jumps the queue to the gents near the Dolman A Block

You're not wrong your Holiness. I for one loved getting the wind knocked out me against a crash barrier. You always ended up next to someone else as well, very social. Nowadays everyone would be suing each other.

Archived