IGNORED

City In Europe

BS10 RED

Guest DrFaustus

Simmer gently, and imbibe deeply of the liquid thereof............then I can bloody dream we're at the Nou Camp!! :laugh:

Unless you have a dodgy batch, then you could be dreaming of being at the Boot Camp.

I'll get my acid. :blink:

Guest revkev

City ventured into Europe a few years ago with the Anglo-Italian Cup.

We also won the Welsh Cup many years ago, does that count?

And we won the Anglo-Scottish Cup in the late 70's, beating St. Mirren in the final, who were managed by some red faced bloke called Alex Ferguson. Wonder what happened to him?

Nice to dream though innit????

:city:

Yep.

btw - funniest thread, ever.

Bit late at night so my memory is playing it's usual tricks, where was it we took our holiday in January again? That surely counts as playing in Europe as well doesn't it?

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Can you feel the love tonight......?

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

We also played Hannover 96 in the late 60's/early 70's,it was through the fact that Bristol is twinned with Hannover.

Seem to remember it was originally planned to take place annually on an alternate basis,alas it was short lived and also I think ill-tempered.

Are we likely to make Europe anytime soon,not a chance, it really is about money......tons of it.

City ventured into Europe a few years ago with the Anglo-Italian Cup.

We also won the Welsh Cup many years ago, does that count?

And we won the Anglo-Scottish Cup in the late 70's, beating St. Mirren in the final, who were managed by some red faced bloke called Alex Ferguson. Wonder what happened to him?

Wasn't it St Mirren who dubbed us 'the butchers of Bristol' for our rather physical approach to winning the Anglo-Scottish? Then we bought their best player Tony Fitzpatrick just to annoy them a bit more (though he turned out to be absolute rubbish so they probably had the last laugh there!)

Well_Red

well it was not so long ago we were in the same division as chelsea :shifty:

all we need is a russian oil barren and were well away, untill that time

i'm afraid it's colchester and co away for the next 10 years, just like the last 10 :whistle:

May have to replace Colchester with Carlisle from next season :(

Guest revkev

Wasn't it St Mirren who dubbed us 'the butchers of Bristol' for our rather physical approach to winning the Anglo-Scottish? Then we bought their best player Tony Fitzpatrick just to annoy them a bit more (though he turned out to be absolute rubbish so they probably had the last laugh there!)

Well_Red

It was the Hibs chairman who made that comment in the press, after we had 2 players sent off in the away leg, but we gave them a good game in the second leg to go through. The Hibs fans in Bristol shouted "BUTCHERS" every time City committed a foul

not sure it still on there but there was a programme for sale on ebay city against the mighty juventus can't imagine that happening again for a wee while, would be nice

I picked up a City-Juve programme a few years back. It dates from the early 1970s I think.

Off the original post I know: Has anybody done the Nou Camp stadium tour? If so, you'll know that it includes a tour of the vast trophy room with huge numbers of cups, banners, etc. I missed this but a mate did the tour and brought me back a photo from the trophy room: nestled amongst various random pieces of silverware was a Bristol City pennant. Anybody have any idea of why its there?

you got a point there, mind you looking in the championship there could

be a possible trip to millwall, that's a world of it's own let alone europe :blink:

and its amazing to think millwall were in europe (albeit briefly) only a few years ago! :w00t: but now unless they put a pretty good run together they'll only have a trip to 'costa del s****horpe' to look forward to next season!

well it was not so long ago we were in the same division as chelsea :shifty:

all we need is a russian oil barren and were well away, untill that time

i'm afraid it's colchester and co away for the next 10 years, just like the last 10 :whistle:

Trouble is we'd end up with the 'Barron Knights'

Anyone remember seeing Samuel Eto'o in the pre-season friendly against Real Mallorca 2 or 3 years ago, I think the score was 2-6.

I also remember seeing Borusia Moenchengladbach (0-5) pre 97/98 and Steau Bucharest (0-2) in the early 90s.

i remember both the spanish and germans at the gate. Borusia had a brazilian lad who looked amazing and Real were simply brilliant.

best part of the stuffing by Real being sitting in the ateyo chanting "your not singing any more" at an empty east end after leapy scored! plus miller did a croyff (sp) turn to set up our second. best thing he ever did for us, and it was his debut!

Archived