IGNORED

Video Clip Of Wmp At Wolves V Cardiff

cheshire_red

Cannot get it to play!

I just got the clip to play and it basically shows a detachment of battle armoured West Midlands Royalist Gestapo Police wading into the Cardiff City supporters - who actually appear to be watching the game and behaving themselves. From the sound track I can make out swearing directed at the Gestapo as they push and barge into the Cardiff supporters.

Reading about our experiances up there and other such story's, it's about time somebody reported them to the Police I think. Am seriously in two minds about going to Walsall, shame as it's one of our closest games.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I faught the law and the law won...(Stray Cats)

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

.....Oliver Cromwell and Co faught the royalist law of their time and they won. :shifty:

I thought that was The Clash ?

Could well be right. Just put what it said on Kazaa my download thing.(prone to innacurate artist credit)

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Heard it through the grape vine.....

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Downloaded it off Napster and I Fought The Law is by The Clash

sorry gentleman, but as much as I like the Clash this not one of their original recordings; to quote Wikepedia.

"I Fought the Law" is a much-covered song originally recorded by Sonny Curtis of The Crickets. The song is more identified in the eyes (and ears) of many music fans with the Bobby Fuller Four, who recorded a more successful version of the song in 1965.

I couldn't remember the name of the original band (Bobby Fuller Four) and I was unaware of the Sonny Curtis version. Personally I still love the Clash version, and out of interest both Dead kennnedys and Green Day have tried to cover it as well.

Didn't know that, assumed it was The Clash who sung it originally, as got the idea to download it after watching one of my many Green Day DVDs

Just downloaded the versions by The Crickets and Bobby Fuller Four via Napster to see which sounds best

Be fair to the Cardiff City supporters, when they last played at Ashton Gate in the play-offs they created a great atmosphere with their singing and chanting.

Do the words Cardiff City Soul Crew mean nothing? ;)

i live in Wolves, massive police presence as expected.

When the game finished i was in a bar in town, and for those of you who have been to wolves, you'll know that the stadium is right next door to the city centre where the bars are. I know the manager of one of the bars and he said earlier in the day that they'd use a "no-one comes in, no-one leaves" policy when the game finished. I think a few others had it as well, and where i was, i could see the police seperate the fans on the way back to the train station i'm guessing. The funniest thing was seeing this kid (about 14/15) run to the police, the police stepped forward, and as they did, the kid turned around to run off and fell right on his arse. Stupid idiot.

so your going to tarnish all their fans with the same brush cause of some brain dead numpties from the valleys :blink:

If the same is going to happen to the Midlands police, then yes :)

Archived