IGNORED

Away Fans At Mk Dons

Chivs

Anyone know why there isn't a figure for the number of away fans at MK Dons?

I think there were around 600 but it's difficult to judge these things.

Is the absence of a figure a case for a conspiracy theory?

There's always a case for a conspiracy theory on here!

I'd guess you are way under in your estimate. Double that, I reckon. Perhaps they were so snowed under getting people through the turnstile they lost count. And, of course, plenty ended up in the home end as it was the only way for them to get in before the game was half over, so theyt won't be counted in any official figure.

Anyone know why there isn't a figure for the number of away fans at MK Dons?

I think there were around 600 but it's difficult to judge these things.

Is the absence of a figure a case for a conspiracy theory?

1500 AWAY END HOLD 2500 IT WAS PRETTY FULL

Guest DrFaustus

Just cos you will only take 200 there next season don't get jealous.

You rapscallion, bounder and cad sir! Franchise are going down and we are going up.

I thank you for your time, also available for weddings, parties and barmitzvahs.

Well spotted. Only the fourth time we've taken over 1000 away this season whereas 2 years ago we took over 1000 away on 14 occasions!

Chivs = 600

RedTop = 1200

Red Robin = 1500 (hmm, I guess you're a man :laugh: )

Bristol Boy = 600

MK Dons Senior Steward = 1000

nofx = 700

Seems the steward knew best :shifty:

1031 Doesn`t suprise me, and as there were fans scattered around the ground I would suspect 1200 City made the trip!

Also the MK attendance was more than Rovers had in the friendly against us at the start of the season + another 800 City fans on top of that = You`re a joke of a club :dance:

Very impressive. I couldn't go as it was moved to the Friday and thought it'd be the same for many others - obviously not!

I'd like to think we could get 1000+ up to Rotherham as well...It's not THAT far, we're winning games and they're in financial trouble so need all the fans they can get through the turnstiles...

That was a great turnout! When I saw the attendance figure of 6,800 odd, I figured that our boys must have something to do with it...As if Franchise could ever get that many on their own. :laugh:

Also shame on the radio bristol commentator, who estimated our following at about 300.

there were probably only 300 in the ground when he said that.

at 7.30 there were literally hundreds of City fans outside queuing for tickets, same story at the home end.

There were plenty of City fans in other parts of the ground as well. I went into the North Stand (no queues) as I bought my ticket the ticket sellers announced South Stand (the main stand) sold out, from where I sat

The home end (Cowshed) looked full, The main Stand, as said, was sold out, and the North stand was almost full. The City end was about 50% full (according to MK it holds 2000), so I was expecting the attendance to be nearer 8000 (9000 is capacity).

The quid a kid deal in force on the night ensured that a very high number of school kids were in attendance who would normally not attend. Interestingly as MK is of course a new club it was strange to see very few older fans, seemed to be mainly under 30's and very few in replica shirts.

The quid a kid deal in force on the night ensured that a very high number of school kids were in attendance who would normally not attend. Interestingly as MK is of course a new club it was strange to see very few older fans, seemed to be mainly under 30's and very few in replica shirts.

Noticed the same thing myself, Not going to get into the rights and wrongs of this thing, but it had the feel of a completely new club that has simply landed into their city. apart from the "Dons" bit there is nothing left of the old club.

The fans are more general footy fans (Which I have nothing against) and probably way more then 50% of them have no more passion for MK dons then any other team, they just turn up to watch a game of footy.

Being an exile living close to Reading, I bought into a pair of season tickets at Reading (main reasons was it was my drinking buddys down the local and they asked me half way through a bit of a session!! - before any of you beat me up too much). Net result is we take it in turns to go along to watch them and I have to say as a lad brought up born and bred in knowle/brislington it raises as much passion in me as watching a couple of wet fish flapping on the counter of our local shop. My 8 year old son is okay, but even he cannot convinve himself he supports them!! having attended city games since the age of 1 I probably know why.

I guess it is better for the game to have full rather then empty stadium, but Reading a bit like MK Dons is full of familys along for the ride (be it good or bad). The club is not in their soul and blood like city is with us.

Guest Hammer Edge

Noticed the same thing myself, Not going to get into the rights and wrongs of this thing, but it had the feel of a completely new club that has simply landed into their city. apart from the "Dons" bit there is nothing left of the old club.

The fans are more general footy fans (Which I have nothing against) and probably way more then 50% of them have no more passion for MK dons then any other team, they just turn up to watch a game of footy.

Being an exile living close to Reading, I bought into a pair of season tickets at Reading (main reasons was it was my drinking buddys down the local and they asked me half way through a bit of a session!! - before any of you beat me up too much). Net result is we take it in turns to go along to watch them and I have to say as a lad brought up born and bred in knowle/brislington it raises as much passion in me as watching a couple of wet fish flapping on the counter of our local shop. My 8 year old son is okay, but even he cannot convinve himself he supports them!! having attended city games since the age of 1 I probably know why.

I guess it is better for the game to have full rather then empty stadium, but Reading a bit like MK Dons is full of familys along for the ride (be it good or bad). The club is not in their soul and blood like city is with us.

You came in good numbers I was at the game, It was quite funny MK Dons are a pile of poo and watching a league 1 game really shows how bad the quality of football is, it was all long balls. I think from a neutral point of view a 1 - 1 draw should of been the score but fair play to you, you hung on and won the game. I was just a little annoyed though I mean looking across the stands there was a tiny corner jumping up and down cheering and singing until 5 minutes from the end and all I had in my ear all week was Bristol are so passionate etc etc I'm sorry but you guys only get 12-13k on average a week and your supposed to be bigger club in Bristol? why don't your fans come and watch you at home?

Also MK Dons is not in their soul as its only 3 years old and a "franchise" like me I watch the games sometimes (I really can't stand the way they play) Most MK Dons fans are fans of London clubs because that is where most of the people from Milton Keynes are from like me I'm West Ham till I die... MK Dons are just local football for a growing town/city in many years the youths will follow Mk dons and not the london clubs in which their families came up to MK from.

You came in good numbers I was at the game, It was quite funny MK Dons are a pile of poo and watching a league 1 game really shows how bad the quality of football is, it was all long balls. I think from a neutral point of view a 1 - 1 draw should of been the score but fair play to you, you hung on and won the game. I was just a little annoyed though I mean looking across the stands there was a tiny corner jumping up and down cheering and singing until 5 minutes from the end and all I had in my ear all week was Bristol are so passionate etc etc I'm sorry but you guys only get 12-13k on average a week and your supposed to be bigger club in Bristol? why don't your fans come and watch you at home?

Shouldn't you be asking that question to the people that don't attend the home games? The majority on here are not in that group, so it seems a little pointless (and needlessly confrontational) to ask that in such a manner on here.

Sorry, but I went to Upton Park last season and saw you play Brighton and it was one of the worst atmosphere's I have EVER been to at a football stadium.

Was in the Bobby Moore upper and for 90 minutes the West Ham fans couldn't manage ONE song.

I've been to 40+ grounds and West Ham was probably in the bottom 5 for atmosphere.

It was quite embarrassing.

Also MK Dons is not in their soul as its only 3 years old and a "franchise" like me I watch the games sometimes (I really can't stand the way they play) Most MK Dons fans are fans of London clubs because that is where most of the people from Milton Keynes are from like me I'm West Ham till I die... MK Dons are just local football for a growing town/city in many years the youths will follow Mk dons and not the london clubs in which their families came up to MK from.

That's if all goes well and that Football Stadium doesn't become a White Elephant used for Pop Concerts only. I don't live far away and make the journey to Bristol every other weekish as I'm a season ticket holder.

For the reasons to which you elude in your post, I think MK Dons should play all their home games on a Friday night ala Tranmere of yesteryear.

Our home crowd will increase with success and we're not far from Swanseas total attendances, who have a brand new stadium and have been top of the table for most of the year.

Our away following, up until the last two seasons has seen 1,000 fans attend the majority of our away games....and you have to realise that's almost 25-33% of the gate at some of the far away $hitholes we have to play at :(

As faith & belief returns, so will the fans and you only have to look at the attendances at higher divison clubs, like Stoke & Cardiff to see that we're not doing to bad by todays standards.

If you and the likes of Man City think you've suffered, just try supporting City for a while and you'll know all about commitment to a lost cause :(

Guest Hammer Edge

Sorry, but I went to Upton Park last season and saw you play Brighton and it was one of the worst atmosphere's I have EVER been to at a football stadium.

Was in the Bobby Moore upper and for 90 minutes the West Ham fans couldn't manage ONE song.

I've been to 40+ grounds and West Ham was probably in the bottom 5 for atmosphere.

It was quite embarrassing.

?? Are you sure mate... did you not see the game yesterday on the BBC all you could hear was West Ham? Atleast when we was a division below we still had crowds of 27k and don't feed me rubbish that they never sang Bubbles is sung at every game home or away regardless of how many show up.

All I was asking is why don't people turn up at your games...

come to Upton Park this year and see (if you can get a ticket)

You obviously are just trying to take the **** in my opinion

I think from a neutral point of view a 1 - 1 draw should of been the score but fair play to you,

Also MK Dons is not in their soul as its only 3 years old and a "franchise" ... MK Dons are just local football for a growing town/city in many years the youths will follow Mk dons and not the london clubs in which their families came up to MK from.

I think even city fans like me who were there probably admit that 1-1 would have been a fair result, but the fact it was not and luck (and good saves) went our way made it all the sweeter.

Grass roots footy needs all the help it can get, it is where english talent is still nurtured and now you have the disgraceful situation where "souless" teams like Arsenal don't even field a single homegrown player (well said Alan Pardrew) , without the small yet professionall clubs in 10 years time we will be struggling on the international areana.

I have always gone along to the local clubs where ever I have been living to watch the odd game and add to the funds of the local pieman.

• Admin

?? Are you sure mate... did you not see the game yesterday on the BBC all you could hear was West Ham? Atleast when we was a division below we still had crowds of 27k and don't feed me rubbish that they never sang Bubbles is sung at every game home or away regardless of how many show up.

You came on here with a confrontational post and received a confrontational post in reply.

You can hardly now claim to be surprised.

Have to say, I only saw the last 20 mins of last nights game, but considering thats the climax and usually most exciting bit, I only heard one half hearted "bubbles" and not much else.

Yeh, a few were singing (and blowing) Bubbles when the team came out BECAUSE THEY BLASTED IT THROUGH THE FLIPPIN' TANNOY!

Don't worry, I shall not be attending Upton Park again - unless we play you there.

Archived