IGNORED

Tats Out!

mozo

Tattoos are obviously what I'm referring to smut peddlars.

I was just sat here in my caravan feeding Ricicles to Trevor, the giraffe that had craned his neck and poked his head through the window. Anyway I started off by telling him the awful news about Des Lynam when we got onto the subject of tattoos.

I always fancied getting a tat but can't settle on what design I want.

Any tattoo ideas? Anyone got any good'ns. Would a BCFC tat make me a hooli or not (if not I don't want one)?

IPB Image

(Trevor muches on Ricicles)

I think Trevor would like this one:

IPB Image

I'm thinking of having a City crest meself but the missus is not having any of it. Should I do it anyway?

Mate, you've found a real beauty of a tat there!

The football tats a tricky one. I once told a mate up in Sheffield that I thought they were rubbish without knowing he had S.U.F.C on his arm. But I've changed my mind since then, just not sure if I can justify gettin a city tat myself.

As for your missus, threaten to get something more drastic (Bob Taylors head on your back) and she'll willingly let you to settle for your original idea.

I have a City Tat and England across myback. Glad I had them done.

If I were you I'd choose a body part to get done and then head to Tattoo Studio by the arches and ask him to draw a design on you. He will ask what you are into and just draw an original design, a tat that nobody else has. And he's brilliant.

I have a City Tat and England across myback. Glad I had them done.

If I were you I'd choose a body part to get done and then head to Tattoo Studio by the arches and ask him to draw a design on you. He will ask what you are into and just draw an original design, a tat that nobody else has. And he's brilliant.

Nice one monsieur jones, sounds like good advice. Maybe if I can canvass for opinions on here I'll have a better idea when I go for it (like i'd trust these nutbags!).

I'd definitely like summat unique. Bonzer.

I want go get GOAT tattooed on my forehead.

I don't know you but I'm pretty sure that's a good idea. I've got this instinctive feeling that you'd make a lot of people in your life very proud by expressing yourself like that. Do it man!

:doh:

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

My dad told me how when he got his tat back in the early 70's with his mates, one of them was a little drunk shall we say, (at the time it wasnt a problem!) and he had sandra tatooed on his arm, when his girlfriend was called Jane! He couldnt remember a thing! Needless to say he was single very soon and stuck with a random tatoo! :doh: Oops! xxx

I think I'd get a City tattoo (Robin + Bridge) tatooed onto my upper arm, chest or back, out of sight if you're just in a T-shirt. Am warmer to the idea of it than I ever have been before. Also, a City tattoo isn't ever going to be something you'd end up regretting later in life.

I think it's a hoolie sign if you have it on the back of your lower leg, (calf :dunno: Physiology man! who knows?,) Got chatting to a Millwall fan when once in Tunbridge Wells, (weird I know) and he was telling me. Didn't end up glassing me either which was very kind of him I thought.

'I Love Mum' is another non-regrettable one.

Used to work with this idiot who was generally fairly of his head tbf, but he had the craziest tattoos I've ever known. Had his Ni number and DOB tattooed up his arms -WTF?. Had the latin from a pound coin, weirdo, and one or two other little proverbs that he liked. Had his G/F's name on the inside of his lower lip and had each of his families names tattooed somewhere on his body - bless 'I'm, quite loyal family orientated folk these weirdo's. There was more tattoo on the boy than non-tattoo.

If I were to get one done, then of course it would have to be a unique design that no-one else has (incorporating BCFC crest obviously).

Something I've considered for a while, but keep coming back to the same final thought that it's not such a good idea.

Most people I see with tattoo/s I think either a) you look like a knob head or b) your tattoo is crap. Getting the balance right and avoiding these two things is tricky, but good luck!

I think I'd get a City tattoo (Robin + Bridge) tatooed onto my upper arm, chest or back, out of sight if you're just in a T-shirt. Am warmer to the idea of it than I ever have been before. Also, a City tattoo isn't ever going to be something you'd end up regretting later in life.

Okay then DubyaTee, next time City win by a three-goal margin (four-goal if you're not so sure) you and I are going to get a tattoo!

Can't say fairer than that. We'll get photos of them for the non-footy crowd's entertainment. Might be best to not get too pished beforehand though. Knowing our minds we could come out of there with summat really bizarre (ie I'll convince you to get W-T-F-iG-O on your fingers).

I reckon a Robin + Bridge tat would be pretty good. Apparently the old anchor thing's become really post-modern and cool again.

That arches place sounds good, I might give that place a go some time. It's summat I've always wanted so I've just gotta do it.

Hey, you only live once kids.

If you are having your first tattoo then my advice would be to start off with something small and basic just to see if you are ok with it first, also choose your location wisely as no matter what other people say, there are sensitive parts on your body and it can be a little painful. :crying:

I have now got 4 tattoos and don't regret them, the usual football badge, Bulldog and 2 tribal designs.

The arches tattoist people have mentioned is first class and ask about something drawn freehand so it is unique.

Good luck with it.

If you are having your first tattoo then my advice would be to start off with something small and basic just to see if you are ok with it first, also choose your location wisely as no matter what other people say, there are sensitive parts on your body and it can be a little painful. :crying:

I have now got 4 tattoos and don't regret them, the usual football badge, Bulldog and 2 tribal designs.

The arches tattoist people have mentioned is first class and ask about something drawn freehand so it is unique.

Good luck with it.

Cheers mate, I'm getting some good advice here.

I was thinking of getting the tat on the side of my left shoulder.

That's where I had mine and it didn't hurt all that much.

Decision made there then.

Basically with the help of the forumites I now know where I want it on my body and what tattooist to use. I'm still a bit hazy on what pattern to get though.

I bumped into Lee Peacock in a bar in Sheffield a year or so ago and he was plastered in tats. From what I remember he had them all down his arms and creeping up his neck.

"tats" eh? Never heard of that bar - must be new :dunno:

He was actually sober at that point. He was a well nice guy surprisingly, it was funny cos he was asking me loads of questions about my work and stuff and I just wanted to go back to my mates!

Cheers mate, I'm getting some good advice here.

I was thinking of getting the tat on the side of my left shoulder.

Left shoulder is fine and I have one there that goes down to the elbow and like someone else said that is ok. I didn't want to put you off and the further you get into having it done you soon forget the needle and seeing the design materialise is worth it.

Okay then DubyaTee, next time City win by a three-goal margin (four-goal if you're not so sure) you and I are going to get a tattoo!

Can't say fairer than that. We'll get photos of them for the non-footy crowd's entertainment. Might be best to not get too pished beforehand though. Knowing our minds we could come out of there with summat really bizarre (ie I'll convince you to get W-T-F-iG-O on your fingers).

I reckon a Robin + Bridge tat would be pretty good. Apparently the old anchor thing's become really post-modern and cool again.

Hey, you only live once kids.

I'm game if you are mate. Bring it on.

What with having 5 fingers and a thumb I could allow one letter for each with your WTF idea, thing is though, it's that regrettability thing again. One day I hope to actually establish WTF is in fact GO, like I say I'm a bit of a dreamer, and so this name would need replacing.

It would definately be some form of the bridge and robin, **** post-modern coolness mate, it's not eternal, like a puff of wind it will soon be gone - and then won't we look like the Popeye'd fools!

I'd have to have a few pints as I'm the most queesie person I've ever known, freakily hyper-sensitivity is what 'they' say.

As for the finer details, research will have to be done.

Mind you, this is all academic for a while me thinks - City winning by a goal margin of 3! :rofl2br:

If you are having your first tattoo

Good luck with it.

It will be my last as well I reckon, never know though.

Freehand's gotta be the way, again, as long as the artist isn't too pished.

He was actually sober at that point. He was a well nice guy surprisingly, it was funny cos he was asking me loads of questions about my work and stuff and I just wanted to go back to my mates!

He always struck me as a good'n. Little nut really wasn't he? In the Cramey mould.

I'm game if you are mate. Bring it on.

What with having 5 fingers and a thumb I could allow one letter for each with your WTF idea, thing is though, it's that regrettability thing again. One day I hope to actually establish WTF is in fact GO, like I say I'm a bit of a dreamer, and so this name would need replacing.

It would definately be some form of the bridge and robin, **** post-modern coolness mate, it's not eternal, like a puff of wind it will soon be gone - and then won't we look like the Popeye'd fools!

I'd have to have a few pints as I'm the most queesie person I've ever known, freakily hyper-sensitivity is what 'they' say.

As for the finer details, research will have to be done.

Mind you, this is all academic for a while me thinks - City winning by a goal margin of 3! :rofl2br:

It will be my last as well I reckon, never know though.

Freehand's gotta be the way, again, as long as the artist isn't too pished.

He always struck me as a good'n. Little nut really wasn't he? In the Cramey mould.

Called my bluff there didn't ya!

Alright mate, I reckon you should go for the robin/bridge thing but with an individual flourish of your own thinking. I ain't going to get an anchor mate. I was thinking of getting something abstract arty, for a time I'd decided on a Picasso bull, then I just forgot about it.

I'm a bit worried about Saturdays game now, City on a good run, Gillingham have lost 5 in 6 or whatever...could be a romp!

Called my bluff there didn't ya!

Alright mate, I reckon you should go for the robin/bridge thing but with an individual flourish of your own thinking. I ain't going to get an anchor mate. I was thinking of getting something abstract arty, for a time I'd decided on a Picasso bull, then I just forgot about it.

I'm a bit worried about Saturdays game now, City on a good run, Gillingham have lost 5 in 6 or whatever...could be a romp!

I thought you were serious :blush:

Bit gullable me.

It's gotta be done man, I mean WTF not?

Abstract arty farty poofter mate you. (with all respect, I know how these kind of comments can be taken the wrong way). Now go and write me a poem about the splendour of caravan life and how it has helped you finally achieve the inner tranquility and atonement with your core entity that modernity sadly failed to provide.

Please.

GIRT MAN-STYLE TATTOO OR NON AT ALL FOR ME.

I thought you were serious :blush:

Bit gullable me.

It's gotta be done man, I mean WTF not?

Abstract arty farty poofter mate you. (with all respect, I know how these kind of comments can be taken the wrong way). Now go and write me a poem about the splendour of caravan life and how it has helped you finally achieve the inner tranquility and atonement with your core entity that modernity sadly failed to provide.

Please.

GIRT MAN-STYLE TATTOO OR NON AT ALL FOR ME.

That's why I like the bull idea (as in bullfighting no as in BS.) cos they're rock-'ard but I could impress student girls by claiming that I really identify myself as the bull oppressively thrown into the bull-ring of life to fight for survival blah blah blah.

Plus I thought it would compliment the tattoo of Sol Campbell that I'm getting on my butt-cheek :w00t:

That's why I like the bull idea (as in bullfighting no as in BS.) cos they're rock-'ard but I could impress student girls by claiming that I really identify myself as the bull oppressively thrown into the bull-ring of life to fight for survival blah blah blah.

Plus I thought it would compliment the tattoo of Sol Campbell that I'm getting on my butt-cheek :w00t:

No City tat' then? :(

No City tat' then? :(

Wouldn't rule it out, but I'm not restricting myself to just the one. I might go back for more, City just might not be the first? God knows! We're not going in to get the same thing, how poncey would that be?

Archived