IGNORED

State Of The New Forum

Nogbad the Bad

The forum is as quiet as i can ever remember it.

It's obviously lost some visitors since it became unofficial. Coupled with this, the Subbers have mostly departed to their own Forum and alot people involved in the Supporters Trust seem to be busy and have become occasional posters.

The last time it was unofficial, it was universally agreed the forum had it's golden period, full of quality instead of quantity, and i had hoped it might return to that standard with the change.

Perhaps there's just not much controversial going on at City at the moment and the forum is going through a naturally lean period. Or maybe some of the disenchanted stalwarts would return to boost the forum if they realised there were actually less silly, argumentative posters gettting on here now.

There are still plenty of good posters on here, several welcome newish one's amongst them but it's a bit too quiet for my liking.

We'll all have to post a bit more to keep it ticking over or perhaps some of the long time readers will take the plunge and liven it up a bit?

Or, in fact, do we prefer it just as it is now? :dunno:

To tell you the truth I lso think the same. I havn't bothard to post much recently as there isn't really anything good to post about. Sorry but what cars and hair cuts the City players have doesn't interest me. And thats what the forum seems to be turning into, Especially when it is a half term at school. Which talking of there is a easter break coming up soon.

The non-footy forum is pretty active, maybe even more active than this section.

One reason for this section being quiet could be because everyone has got too scared to post a topic incase they get people going - "you've ruined my life, how dare you post something that I'm not interested in" - another reason might be because we're doing a bit better on the pitch and so there is less to moan about??

I'm sure it will pick up when we lose to again!

Maybe the above is slightly unfair. There isn't really much going on with City at the moment and so like you say, the talk is just going through a natural lean period.

Who knows?

To tell you the truth I lso think the same. I havn't bothard to post much recently as there isn't really anything good to post about. Sorry but what cars and hair cuts the City players have doesn't interest me. And thats what the forum seems to be turning into, Especially when it is a half term at school. Which talking of there is a easter break coming up soon.

Not so sure, Dan, i think alot of those type of posts, and posters, have gone which has to be the upside of the present situation.

As for school hols., i'm quite happy for all age groups to be represented on here as long as they aren't time wasters posting rubbish. One or two of the older one's can be the most irritating.

Maybe you've hit the nail on the head when you say there isn't much to post about but people have always managed to find things before.

Mind you City don't often have mid-table seasons. :whistle:

I just think were mid table --No transfer speculation cos of transfer window .

The Sub is fairly quiet too

I'm sure you've got something there Topbuzz, the transfer speculation, however ridiculous was always good for a few lively threads.

I think it is that things are quiet around the club. Looking at the board stats, the drop appears to be in March rather than after the handoer in Feb...

There seem to be some new posters, Wtfigo who is cool when not swearing (IMO), BB, Sophs (quiet but kinda endearing!) and many of the older ones have taken a more passive approach. We all need a break at times and perhaps the older posters are taking that now?

Personally I find there's very little interest to be found on The City Forum. I generally go chill in the Non-Footy Forum where although as much crap is talked it doesn't pretend to be anything than what it is.

The City Forum seems to be full of topic's about should we sign this dude? who should be playing at left back? should we play in white away next season? the bloody Bas-MS debate, did you check out the F-Up in the local paper? isn't Twentypence a joke? GJ/Tinman etc ......it kind of sums up the apathetic age we're living in. It's all discussions about things that us the fans have absolutely no influence over, then I turn up at Ashton Gate on a Saturday and expect fans to be behaving how I expect fans to behave and 80% (if I'm being genorous) are sat there in silence being most un-fanatical.

I think the tactical and on-field side of Football is a matter of discussion same as any other but I like anatdotes about one's personal experiance on the Saturday, story's of the good old days etc best, things I can actually relate to, not just oppinions of people who fancy themselves as professionals Football managers just because they've taken City to European Glory in Championship Manager.

Same here DubyaFT,

Non-footy's a good larf. If you're into being a bit surreal and pointless it's the best part of otib. City forum's defo gone dead but it might pick up again I suppose. When you get people like Parkerdon turning up I wonder what the point is.

The last time it was unofficial, it was universally agreed the forum had it's golden period, full of quality instead of quantity, and i had hoped it might return to that standard with the change.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be ;)

Most internet forums have a mythical golden era that everyone harks back to. It's because as they become more popular they become more diverse so people who have been around longer find less content they're interested in. We've lost some of our better posters but we've gained some good ones too.

I think the way the season has gone has affected the content a bit, the same discussions keep going round and round (and yep I'm guilty) because there's bugger all else to talk about and very little to be positive about. Hopefully the lead up to next season will change that.

I was concerned when the club dumped it but OTIB is still going strong and will be around for a long while I reckon.

Nibor

I think the way the season has gone has affected the content a bit, the same discussions keep going round and round (and yep I'm guilty) marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewart v vmarcus stewart marcus stewart vmarcus stewart marcus stewart marcus stewartv marcus stewartv...

Nibor

Nah, you're not guilty Nibor! :w00t:

Hey...it's jokes brother, nothing but jokes :)

Echoed my thoughts Nogbad. Indeed where did they all go ?

The newer breed, say Mozo, WTF, brian-manc, DinkyGems and Dagest, all tend to blow the same tune. DanC, aka Codfather, rolls in with his pearls now and then. Young Ron has gone from suicidal to almost adult with his posts :shifty: Whilst Malone has really lost it.

Bristol Boy as gold poster, is always a good read, and Robbored will always get the blood going.I tend to look for yourself, Nibor, and richieb as its usually good provocative football comment. Phatwill and old Rednready will always stir the pot, whilst Bucksred and Red Goblin will argue with a tentpole.

Ben Solo and bransonmo from the mostly overseas brigade should both retire and buy the club, and finally we are still being read by the board.

Mrs SL aka badger is often logged on and going through the posts. I bet SL is glad he is rid of his ask SL forum, must have driven him nuts.

Anyway its out of the wheelchair, medication and back to bed, funny what you think of in the dark, it used to be women !!!

Personally I find there's very little interest to be found on The City Forum. I generally go chill in the Non-Footy Forum where although as much crap is talked it doesn't pretend to be anything than what it is.

The City Forum seems to be full of topic's about should we sign this dude? who should be playing at left back? should we play in white away next season? the bloody Bas-MS debate, did you check out the F-Up in the local paper? isn't Twentypence a joke? GJ/Tinman etc ......it kind of sums up the apathetic age we're living in. It's all discussions about things that us the fans have absolutely no influence over, then I turn up at Ashton Gate on a Saturday and expect fans to be behaving how I expect fans to behave and 80% (if I'm being genorous) are sat there in silence being most un-fanatical.

I think the tactical and on-field side of Football is a matter of discussion same as any other but I like anatdotes about one's personal experiance on the Saturday, story's of the good old days etc best, things I can actually relate to, not just oppinions of people who fancy themselves as professionals Football managers just because they've taken City to European Glory in Championship Manager.

Wanting to discuss tactics and football (shocker, wanting to discuss football on a football forum) doesn't make you any more of a wannabe manager than discussing music or films makes you a wannabe songwriter/director.

I think the tactical and on-field side of Football is a matter of discussion same as any other

I was just trying to make the point that this is only one part of being a fan and seems to take up more than it's fair shair of discussion time. The majorety of peoples oppinions on this aspect of the game bore me, to be blunt. The wannabee manager statement was a bit ott, I was just trying to drill my point home with it.

Very well put my fruit. I guess we may blow the same tune, but when it's such a beautiful sound it always sounds best in stereo. In all seriousness, it's possibly a generational thing. We all seem to be a bit lost with nothing to believe in an no one to trust. Many of us seem to waver somewhere between nihilism and anarchism (though not always conciously IMO).

Regarding the football forum, there's just too much angst most of the time. Also, I think there's just less to say when things are going 'well'. People are more inclined to point the finger when things are going wrong. Most of the debates seem to be absed on personal loyaties to players. You only have to wait for a small Basso error and the pro-Philips crowd turn-up and vice-versa.

Very well put my fruit. I guess we may blow the same tune, but when it's such a beautiful sound it always sounds best in stereo. In all seriousness, it's possibly a generational thing. We all seem to be a bit lost with nothing to believe in an no one to trust. Many of us seem to waver somewhere between nihilism and anarchism (though not always conciously IMO).

Regarding the football forum, there's just too much angst most of the time. Also, I think there's just less to say when things are going 'well'. People are more inclined to point the finger when things are going wrong. Most of the debates seem to be absed on personal loyaties to players. You only have to wait for a small Basso error and the pro-Philips crowd turn-up and vice-versa.

Nihilism+anarchism=good banter!

I'm not sure about the blowing to the same tune thing. None of those mentioned get off on criticising players which can't be a bad thing. We're more interested in the sublime to ridiculous side of non-footy though which ain't going to be everyone's cuppa.

I don't think people should worry about the demise of the forum though. If anything, thefact that less are posting might give confidence to the newbies to make a name for themselves.

Archived