IGNORED

Commonwealth Games

mozo

Early doors of the proceedings so far. Scottish people playing basketball, broadshouldered ladies playing hockey, swimming, monkey tennis etc etc.

I'm looking forward to the boxing, started at 5 AM today, and I think progresses throught he weights over the next few days.

Everyone's going to be waiting for the Athletics though. I thought I'd use this as an opportunity to remember a great moment of Olympic - not commonwealth - athletics:

IPB Image

The US relay team had been 'trash-talking' the Brits in the lead-up. Note the Nigerian finds it quite amusing that Mark Lewis-Francis is celebrating in such a brazen way. Hoorah.

How mad is the 'walking' race. I must have seen it a hundred times but it still doesn't cease to amaze me. What's the point? Just run dammit! Imagine training for that - how embarrassing. No offence if any of you lot do it (Dagest) but it makes no sense to me.

Almost as camp as the duck-walk race, I'd like to big up Colin Jackson, he's easily my favourite gay sports pundit (well Greame Le Saux's rubbish, isn't he).

They're on to track and field events so tune in and thank god that they do all that gruelling training and you don't. Hoorah!

Early doors of the proceedings so far. Scottish people playing basketball, broadshouldered ladies playing hockey, swimming, monkey tennis etc etc.

I'm looking forward to the boxing, started at 5 AM today, and I think progresses throught he weights over the next few days.

Everyone's going to be waiting for the Athletics though. I thought I'd use this as an opportunity to remember a great moment of Olympic - not commonwealth - athletics:

IPB Image

The US relay team had been 'trash-talking' the Brits in the lead-up. Note the Nigerian finds it quite amusing that Mark Lewis-Francis is celebrating in such a brazen way. Hoorah.

Sorry Mozo, but since when have the US been in the Commonwealth?

I apologise I did not read your post properly. Still in recovery from Paddys Day

Sorry Mozo, but since when have the US been in the Commonwealth?

I apologise I did not read your post properly. Still in recovery from Paddys Day

bless you Tone, as if you could make me look foolish!

I nearly forgot to put that disclaimer in then realised I'd get mullered if I didn't. Phew.

Hope you had nuff guiness mate.

bless you Tone, as if you could make me look foolish!

I nearly forgot to put that disclaimer in then realised I'd get mullered if I didn't. Phew.

Hope you had nuff guiness mate.

Slowly recovering but was talking in Braille for a day or so

Archived