IGNORED

I Think We Are Very Lucky

tinmansboots

Just imagine if the PNE manager had seen in Bas Savage what Johnson does. We could have had the disastrous situation of Bas going to PNE and the obviously untalented, washed up striker Marcus Stewart staying at City. There can't be many more of the Tinnion/Wilson team that Johnson needs to get rid of.

I think we need to see in 2 years wether he's doing a good job. i.e. is he building a team to get us into the championship or a team to keep us there. I'll reserve judgement for now. :unsure:

Just imagine if the PNE manager had seen in Bas Savage what Johnson does. We could have had the disastrous situation of Bas going to PNE and the obviously untalented, washed up striker Marcus Stewart staying at City. There can't be many more of the Tinnion/Wilson team that Johnson needs to get rid of.

I think we need to see in 2 years wether he's doing a good job. i.e. is he building a team to get us into the championship or a team to keep us there. I'll reserve judgement for now. :unsure:

Just another 2 years then.

Fantastic.

We'll be getting long service medals for staying in this division by then.

Very lucky you say? How many more managers need to be given 2 years to get the biggest club in this division, with the biggest resources, out of it?

Stewart will start knocking the in goals for Preston - Johnson will then realise what a goal scoring talent he's let go but he won't admit it.

I agree. GJ will not come out and say, 'I should have picked Marcus even though the team were playing well and everybody told me what a great striker he is and he loves Bristol City and I don't like him etc etc etc'.

I'm a parent and it really is like dealing with a teenager going through puberty to read some of the emotive twaddle that is offered up as 'reasoned opinion'.

For myself, I was as pleased as most that MS had signed and think he is a talented footballer, but it hasn't worked out, move on.

Fantastic.

Very lucky you say? How many more managers need to be given 2 years to get the biggest club in this division, with the biggest resources, out of it?

Exactly, every other manager has failed to take us up and keep us there, so what does that tell us?

I think we should keep Johnson for as long as possible, as he seems to be willing to sort out any core problems there are at this Club.

Yeah, we do deserve some long serving medals... :laugh: Or, some recognition and respect from the authorities would do too! :ph34r:

Going up next year, as always!

BB. :city:

Stewart will start knocking the in goals for Preston - Johnson will then realise what a goal scoring talent he's let go but he won't admit it.

Total rubbish; Stewart will not start knocking them in for anyone he has lost the edge. :@

Fantastic.

Why don't you ask the Forest fans yourself?

Agree with Roberred, we will see an exact replay of the bridges situation, a talented striker leaving because of GJ,s dislike of quality players who have achieved more than him. We have egg on our face from MB, and if MS does bang them in GJ must surely have to swallow his pride this time and bring him back......i wonder if PNE wanted Bas as thier first choice but had to settle for MS..... :laugh:

WHAT IF (and that is what everybody seems to deal in around here) Stewart goes up to Preston and does sweet FA playing alongside better more creative players. Will you then congratulate Johnson on recognising that our fantastic goalscoring talent is washed up and no longer has the ability he once had? Will YOU admit it in the same way you want Johnson to admit it? Pure speculation of course but everybody else is doing it so why cant I?!!!

WHAT IF (and that is what everybody seems to deal in around here) Stewart goes up to Preston and does sweet FA playing alongside better more creative players. Will you then congratulate Johnson on recognising that our fantastic goalscoring talent is washed up and no longer has the ability he once had? Will YOU admit it in the same way you want Johnson to admit it? Pure speculation of course but everybody else is doing it so why cant I?!!!

Absolutely, if only Johnson had some of the managerial know-how as some of his detractors on this forum he would be a club Manager.........................oh he is!

Give the bloke a break. As for MS, good luck I hope it works out for you, and when your career is finished I will buy you a pint of Blackthorn and discuss why it did not quite work out.

Exactly, every other manager has failed to take us up and keep us there, so what does that tell us?

I think we should keep Johnson for as long as possible, as he seems to be willing to sort out any core problems there are at this Club.

Yeah, we do deserve some long serving medals... :laugh: Or, some recognition and respect from the authorities would do too! :ph34r:

Going up next year, as always!

BB. :city:

Every other manager? Oh you me John Ward and umm, no sorry you'll have to remind me

Fantastic.

Being pedantic, we're 4th:

Forest, 'Udderfield, and sadly Swampsea :crying: Barnsley after us. :pinch:

Every other manager? Oh you me John Ward and umm, no sorry you'll have to remind me

All of the managers we've had (in the last goodness knows how many years) have failed to take us up and keep us there. I was trying to say that perhaps changing the manager isn't what needs to be done - sorting out the core problems is - which Johnson seems to be willing to do, even if some players do cry about it!

Nice that you're now attacking Johnson for things that may or may not happen in your opinion in the future

I'm sure if we still had Brian Tinnion we'd be whisking our way into the Premiership ahead of Reading...

Dream on ...

Being pedantic, we're 4th:

Forest, 'Udderfield, and sadly Swampsea :crying: Barnsley after us. :pinch:

Perhaps not the biggest in terms of attendances (which is the order you have based your "size" of the club on). But certainly as an "all-round" club we are as big or bigger than Huddersfield and the Swansea. Forest withstanding...obviously.

Did you not read the highlighted bit?

I think Johnson's done the best thing with MS getting him off the pay role.

We'll see whether it works up there for him or not, it'll be entirely different circumstances whatever, so comparisons to his form their and form down here will not be valid.

Johnson can't have people who think that they have more importance to the Club than what he does and even befor GJ arrived MS had not justified the £XXXX? amount we were paying him.

It is also worth remembering that out of his 17 goals last season, 3 of them were hatricks (which suggests inconsistent and un-reliable form) and he was also Sunderland's penalty taker.

I can't remember him ever standing out as the quality player in a City shirt, not that I saw him at all in away games.

Did you not read the highlighted bit?

I think Johnson's done the best thing with MS getting him off the pay role.

We'll see whether it works up there for him or not, it'll be entirely different circumstances whatever, so comparisons to his form their and form down here will not be relevant.

Johnson can't have people who think that they have more importance to the Club than what he does and even befor GJ arrived MS had not justified the £XXXX? amount we were paying him.

It is also worth remembering that out of his 17 goals last season, 3 of them were hatricks (which suggests inconsistent and un-reliable form) and he was also Sunderland's penalty taker.

I can't remember him ever standing out as the quality player in a City shirt, not that I saw him at all in away games.

I said that yesterday, but it was 2 hatrics, 2 pens out of 16 goals I hear...

I agree that Stewart has not stood out as a quality player for us.

Robbored has not answered your question so I'll speculate for you. I doubt Robbored will agree that GJ was right if Stewart flops at PNE. The argument will then be 'ahhh, but that wasn't league one so proves nothing' or 'well, it's difficult to go out on loan' or 'well the service was rubbish at PNE' or 'he wasn't getting enough first team football before going on loan' etc etc.

Personally, I hope he does well for his sake.

For the sake of BCFC I hope Gary Johnson does well.

Archived