IGNORED

John Motson

mozo

What is he on about? There must be so much young talent yearning to get on the BBC gravy train but we let that dinosaur continue to distract from perfectly good football. He was an institution, now he's a played out.

Anyone care to stick up for the old goon?

Not really. Personally, I always used to despise Barry Davies. I'm sure he was a closet Nazi.

Another dinosaur, like Brian Moore, who went on too long.

'And it's...oh!...err...it's Drogbar!..oh no it's err...yes it is it's Drogbar and he's through...no, no he's offside.'

That coupled with Lawro's camp twaddle.

Gawd help us all.

Mozo 4 the BBC!

I like old Mr. Encychlopedia, doesn't continually use the same 5 cliches to get him through each game, knows his head from his arse, keeps a nice level headed even keel on things, good with words, good technical insight, good chemistry with other BBC staff - who speak very highly of him esp. Graham Le'Saux :shifty: , respect to the man all round I reckon. Although a bit dry at times is known to have a wee chuckle when appropriate.

BIG UP 2 THE MOTTYMcMOTMOT I say.

Clive Tildsley on the other hand, he's my main commentating ball sucker. Totally over dramatic, wants nights of passion with all the biggest premaddona wancshafts such as Thierry Henry, sucks up big time to whoevers top of the Prem (when Arsenal were on that run, I did actually want to break all his ribs), thinks that it is him himself, that is due some kind of praise if the game happens to be entertaining - one of these muppett-faced bandwagon jumpers I recon. In sum, I just don't have a particularly high impression of the bloke, he's peed me off for a while.

Motty would DESTROY him in a Football trivia quiz. (He would most people I know but...)

Mozo 4 the BBC!

Damn right. Bang up for it. It's time for the grandads (Martin Tyler included) to stick to smoking a pipe in their rocking chairs and let loose a more informal, youthful generation take over.

Gimme a bag o' skunk and 6 cans of Natch and I'll give you some of the most enlightening commentery you've ever heard.

Damn right. Bang up for it. It's time for the grandads (Martin Tyler included) to stick to smoking a pipe in their rocking chairs and let loose a more informal, youthful generation take over.

Gimme a bag o' skunk and 6 cans of Natch and I'll give you some of the most enlightening commentery you've ever heard.

I don't doubt it mate. Need to start seeing the kids carry the light innit.

I s'pose enlightening commentary is one description that could be used by the nation after you've put away that little lot, the boy's off his t1t5 again innit? would probably be more likely feedback I suspect.

I don't doubt it mate. Need to start seeing the kids carry the light innit.

I s'pose enlightening commentary is one description that could be used by the nation after you've put away that little lot, the boy's off his t1t5 again innit? would probably be more likely feedback I suspect.

Yeah, but the nation would love me. Drawling on about Trevor the giraffe who lives in a tie-die caravan, whilst Lawro is in tears beside me. Ahh, sweet dreams are made of...booze and weed.

Commentary like "viewers, watching Frank Lampard kick the ball is like watching a blue flamingo kick a pebble out of his path...man" would evoke imagery that would put the viewer at ease.

What is he on about? There must be so much young talent yearning to get on the BBC gravy train but we let that dinosaur continue to distract from perfectly good football. He was an institution, now he's a played out.

Anyone care to stick up for the old goon?

If we get to the world cup final i will watch it on itv mainly because of this burk.( he is getting worse and worse. Apparentley he used to be good.) It gets worse when the beeb puts him with cliche lawernson.

Imagine a three way commentary of motson, lawerenson and garth crooks! :w00t:

arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we get to the world cup final i will watch it on itv mainly because of this burk.( he is getting worse and worse. Apparentley he used to be good.) It gets worse when the beeb puts him with cliche lawernson.

Imagine a three way commentary of motson, lawerenson and garth crooks! :w00t:

arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally someone speaks sense.

Apparentley he used to be good.

Honestly, he was, up until around 3 or 4 years ago. Then senility set in. I have been saying for a while now that he should be pensioned off to a home, where he can sit in his chair all day and dribble, and I'm glad there are people who agree with me. Though in Motty's defence, it can't be easy working with Lawrenson and Le Saux on a regular basis.

Motson >>>> Pearce.

Keep him in. Mark Bright does good commentary though in my opinion, and Alan Green is refreshingly different.

Ron, I expect more from you. First you defend the senile buffon Motty. Then you cuss a 5hithead commentator. Then you back that whiney racist (he apologised for it didn't he?) Alan Green.

Next you're going to say David Coleman get's you excited about the athletics!

Ron, I expect more from you. First you defend the senile buffon Motty. Then you cuss a 5hithead commentator. Then you back that whiney racist (he apologised for it didn't he?) Alan Green.

Next you're going to say David Coleman get's you excited about the athletics!

5hithead, whatever. He's still a crap commentator ;)

...mind you - Robot Wars was pants!

Now who's overstepping the line <_<

I'll have you know I was at the filming of the final of Series 7, and got Craig Charles' autograph :ph34r::laugh:

More mindless, stuttering madness from Motty today, I really do despair.

Motson and Lawro make Tyler and Gray seem like people you'd like to go for a pint with!

I Couldn't agree more. What a pair of p****s they are. Lawro was going on about Abramovic not wearing a tie - so ****in what. I had to laugh at Moto going on about that bottle on the pitch going to the referee's report.

They do have a dark side though. They mercilessly slagged off Cisse from the second he walked on the pitch with Lawro claiming the Blackburn game was his only ever decent game. Then when Sissoko went down at the end Lawro claimed he was putting it on. Hmm...can't imgine him saying that about Gerard.

I can't believe we have a thread about commentators with no mention of The Big Match, Sunday afternoons, local commentary from Uncle Rog.

Worth rushing home from Cubs Church Parade for.

I found an old video tape the other week of Derby v City from goodness knows when. Commentary team Piggy Malone and Mark Lawrenson. Had to increase my antidepressants after that.

Archived