IGNORED

Forum Members Drinking Sesh

RED4LIFE

Hi all,

I'm sure this has probably been put forward before, but I wondered if any forum members would be interested in organising a big P-up for us all.

I think it would be sweet to put some faces to names (especially dolly,dinky and co!!)

This shouldnt be a FCF or ST meeting, just a bunch of people getting together to get drunk and chat rubbish face to face instead of just looking at a monitor.

Not sure when or where, possibly after a city game somewhere in Bedminster as most of will be in the area anyway.

Even Dr F would be invited as long as he keeps the goats at home!!

Ps. Robbored is the one sat in the corner on his own (apart from a picture of Tinnion!!) :laugh:

Hi all,

I'm sure this has probably been put forward before, but I wondered if any forum members would be interested in organising a big P-up for us all.

I think it would be sweet to put some faces to names (especially dolly,dinky and co!!)

This shouldnt be a FCF or ST meeting, just a bunch of people getting together to get drunk and chat rubbish face to face instead of just looking at a monitor.

Not sure when or where, possibly after a city game somewhere in Bedminster as most of will be in the area anyway.

Even Dr F would be invited as long as he keeps the goats at home!!

Ps. Robbored is the one sat in the corner on his own (apart from a picture of Tinnion!!) :laugh:

Use to be regular end of season Forum meets in the heydays of FKR, Matty H, EDR, Citygal, FCT, peanut, etc., always boiling hot and surprisingly poorly attended considering numbers on here. Mind you, a kickabout was thought of prime importance rather than a booze-up which may not have helped. By the time we got to Wedlocks or The Robins the thirst was so immense that pints of Coke rather than beer were being downed by most. Even SL joined in one of them which Tom F. captured for posterity.

If you want to meet some of today's regulars there seem to be spontaneous gatherings at the Supporters Trust stand at home games.

Recently met Madger and WTFiGO there myself. :city:

Do you mind if i ask you why? xxx

No you can ask. Otib isnt what it used to be. I find myself drifting over to the Subbers forum a great deal. People can have a laugh, good banter and slight more freedom. I miss the old OTIB posters a great deal and to be quite honest the only thing on here worth reading is Bristol Boy's match report.

No you can ask. Otib isnt what it used to be. I find myself drifting over to the Subbers forum a great deal. People can have a laugh, good banter and slight more freedom. I miss the old OTIB posters a great deal and to be quite honest the only thing on here worth reading is Bristol Boy's match report.

Wow, thats pretty honest! :blink: xxx

don't get me wrong there still are a handful of a posters on here that are tops and i do have to say you have added a bit of spark back to OTIB. Nogbad, Madger, TomF, Godzilla, BRR, NR, Bristol Boy, BB, WTFIGO to name a few but where has Willsbridge, Edson etc etc gone? :(

It's a generational thing I think Dinky. I guess certain posters arrive in certain waves and drift away again. We happen to be the current generation (and the coolest with out doubt). So, I wouldn't take it personally, I don't.

To be honest though, I don't think Bristol Boy's ego needs any more massaging.

It's a generational thing I think Dinky. I guess certain posters arrive in certain waves and drift away again. We happen to be the current generation (and the coolest with out doubt). So, I wouldn't take it personally, I don't.

To be honest though, I don't think Bristol Boy's ego needs any more massaging.

:blink:

Use to be regular end of season Forum meets in the heydays of FKR, Matty H, EDR, Citygal, FCT, peanut, etc., always boiling hot and surprisingly poorly attended considering numbers on here. Mind you, a kickabout was thought of prime importance rather than a booze-up which may not have helped. By the time we got to Wedlocks or The Robins the thirst was so immense that pints of Coke rather than beer were being downed by most. Even SL joined in one of them which Tom F. captured for posterity.

If you want to meet some of today's regulars there seem to be spontaneous gatherings at the Supporters Trust stand at home games.

Recently met Madger and WTFiGO there myself. :city:

Losing your memory Nogbad? We also met Ron, Dolly, Honeycrack, etc! :razz:

Any excuse for a booze up is fine by me! :Party12: although I think maybe I'm a little younger than the 'current generation'! :blush:

don't get me wrong there still are a handful of a posters on here that are tops and i do have to say you have added a bit of spark back to OTIB. Nogbad, Madger, TomF, Godzilla, BRR, NR, Bristol Boy, BB, WTFIGO to name a few but where has Willsbridge, Edson etc etc gone? :(

Here we go with another episode of 'Back in the Days' OTIB stylie. I remember the first ever forum didnt even require you to log in. You could just make up any old name, but the unwritten rules of the forum back then said you didnt steal somebodys elses alias. That got shut down after death threats to our friend tiny penis. 90% of the posters back then were genuine and the banter was good. These days, about 7 years on, the internet has grown and grown and now any tom, dick or harry has access to it we get stupid posts, rumours etc etc. you only have to look at the front page of the forum now to get my point.

the otib forum was a great thing of yesteryear, never to be repeated I'm afraid. the magic is gone and i think forum meets and nights out will probably just end up in a fight.

Here we go with another episode of 'Back in the Days' OTIB stylie. I remember the first ever forum didnt even require you to log in. You could just make up any old name, but the unwritten rules of the forum back then said you didnt steal somebodys elses alias. That got shut down after death threats to our friend tiny penis. 90% of the posters back then were genuine and the banter was good. These days, about 7 years on, the internet has grown and grown and now any tom, dick or harry has access to it we get stupid posts, rumours etc etc. you only have to look at the front page of the forum now to get my point.

the otib forum was a great thing of yesteryear, never to be repeated I'm afraid. the magic is gone and i think forum meets and nights out will probably just end up in a fight.

Sorry Rich, didnt mean to drag it up again but I'm glad I'm not the only one that share these sentiments.

That got shut down after death threats to our friend tiny penis.

Maybe I wish I was there for that!

To be honest, it's going to change every now and then. As far as I'm concerned OTIB's fine, and after using it for 6 months, I'm already aware that a number of todays forumites have met and do meet regularly, and I'm certain that there are a number of forum users who I would be quite comfortable meeting for banter/drinks/footy.

I think it's a clicque thing as much as anything. I'm happy to be part of this new generation so long as I use the forum. Someone's gotta keep Robbored, Bristol Boy and the likes on their toes or it would get boring.

the magic is gone and i think forum meets and nights out will probably just end up in a fight.

I quite enjoy my time on here but then I haven't got the advantage or the rose tinted glasses to compare it to the good old days when I'm sure we all lived in peace and harmony together and their weren't any scapegoats made or comparisons to how much better things were in the passed because there was no passed. What with City fans being City fans there wouldn't have been any sense of negativity I'm convinced.

I'm really quite sad if City fans can't discuss City without potential punch ups kicking off, grow TF up innit?

Each game, I'm meeting more and more forumites and I've not been dissapointed by anyone I've met yet even if some of the experiances were more hazy than others. :whistle:

I'd be up for a Jolly Up definately, was only discussing this the other day with somebody, I think the PM function is the key to it.

quote name='WTFiGO!?!' date='Mar 24 2006, 4:19 PM' post='521979']

I quite enjoy my time on here but then I haven't got the advantage or the rose tinted glasses to compare it to the good old days when I'm sure we all lived in peace and harmony together and their weren't any scapegoats made or comparisons to how much better things were in the passed because there was no passed. What with City fans being City fans there wouldn't have been any sense of negativity I'm convinced.

I'm really quite sad if City fans can't discuss City without potential punch ups kicking off, grow TF up innit?

Each game, I'm meeting more and more forumites and I've not been dissapointed by anyone I've met yet even if some of the experiances were more hazy than others. :whistle:

I'd be up for a Jolly Up definately, was only discussing this the other day with somebody, I think the PM function is the key to it.

quote name='WTFiGO!?!' date='Mar 24 2006, 4:19 PM' post='521979']

I would like to agree with that! I may not have been a long term poster (yet!) but i thoroughlly enjoy it on here! :D If i didnt, I wouldnt still be here! I like the different people, and their opinions :farmer: and some of you (you know who you are! :ph34r: ) have me in absolut stiches! :rofl2br::rofl2br: My day would seem so boring and mudane without this site. :( I love it, thank you all!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: (sorry to make it a little lighter doleman d, I suppose I cant reminis like you can as havnt been here long enough just yet! :dunno: ) xxx

We need some more nutters about the place :D

It's a coincidence that this topic should come up again. I stumbled across this thread the other day, from two and a half years ago. I was wandering about the golden age so went to the start of 'Robboreds' topics and went on the first long thread I could find. I was also wandering if 'Robbored' had a habbit of taking the controversial view. I hope that you don't mind me bringing it up, 'Robbored', I'm not trying to catch you out, your entitled to your view.

It made for an interesting read...

The thread was about the state of the forum back then. Two posts stood out for me...

I'm amazed how people take an internet forum seriously - To hear some people speak it sounds like it's a major part of their life.

To me it's somewhere for BRISTOL CITY fans to chat about all things Bristol City. from the complex issues like "3-5-2 or 4-4-2" which contains numerous ideas, both tacticle and humerous and threads like "What stand" which are, well less intellecyually challenging. Surely the heading is self explanitory and if you don't like it don't reply.

THis is a FANS forum, not for a choosen few, not set by specifications, not even by what club you support. Maybe a few rules should be put in place, but for gods sake grow up some of you and get out more.

And if you're unhappy about the posts, start some interesting threads.

I am clearly not a regular poster however having just read robboreds comments regarding a minimum age limit, I became slightly infuriated by some of the comments people had to say.....It seemed to me that it boiled down to the fact that he was annoyed that some juvenilles posted irrelevent drivel to increase their number of posts, i am not sure why this bothered him since he does not have to read these threads, however he commented that the standard of discussion on the forum had dropped. The standard is not poor because of juvenilles posting irrelevant drivel to boost ratings, because this doesnt stop the likes of robbored from instigating decent conversation on the city. I believe his post was probably made because the senior posters feel there status is being threatened by the younger ones here, most notably due to the number of posts made. This is ridiculous. I am confused as to why the forum even clocks the number of posts one makes, since it creates pathtic competition for supremecy, that if one is mature enough, they will ignore. I have no problem in juvenilles posting, after all I am 19. it is up to the "mature" (so they say) vetran posters to ignore them, like many do, and again make this forum decent and popular, which it could so easily be. I apoligise if this really doesnt address much about city exactly but most of the information I have had about the team this season has come through this forum since I am half the world away!

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1643&hl=

Is it a case of "we were here first"????

Surely it should be a case of, "we are all BCFC fans"???

Also, we all come on here for various reasons too.

Some prefer a laugh, some prefer to pretend they're Gary Johnson....

It's a coincidence that this topic should come up again. I stumbled across this thread the other day, from two and a half years ago. I was wandering about the golden age so went to the start of 'Robboreds' topics and went on the first long thread I could find. I was also wandering if 'Robbored' had a habbit of taking the controversial view. I hope that you don't mind me bringing it up, 'Robbored', I'm not trying to catch you out, your entitled to your view.

It made for an interesting read...

The thread was about the state of the forum back then. Two posts stood out for me...

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1643&hl=

Is it a case of "we were here first"????

Surely it should be a case of, "we are all BCFC fans"???

Fascinating stuff. I like these retrospectives, BB, if you ever get bored I reckon you should pluck some more posts out of the history books.

Fascinating stuff. I like these retrospectives, BB, if you ever get bored I reckon you should pluck some more posts out of the history books.

It didn't take long to find. It really did seem like the forum was in a worse state then than it is now to be honest.

I think people could be a bit more greatful about what we've got.

I do sometimes wander if they should have a grumpy sod corner though and they could all moan together.

It's interesting that the Non-footy forum and Amusement arcade are both more active these days, is it a case that people are too scared to post on the City forum?

If so, it's a shame, as if your a BCFC fan, you should feel free to post your views, even if your not that good at spelling or pretending to be Gary Johnson...

It didn't take long to find. It really did seem like the forum was in a worse state then than it is now to be honest.

I do sometimes wander if they should have a grumpy sod corner though and they could all moan together.

It's interesting that the Non-footy forum and Amusement arcade are both more active these days, is it a case that people are too scared to post on the City forum?

If so, it's a shame, as if your a BCFC fan, you should feel free to post your views, even if your not that good at spelling or pretending to be Gary Johnson...

It's just nice to have a misery free space here on the non-footy. There's also no repetition of the same old stories. If the City forum had the 'spirit' of the non-footy it would be mint.

BB sorry to chip in there a moment. When us oldies talk about "Old OTIB" it was a completely different site which was closed down as it got hacked. :)

2 and a half years ago was just the beginning of the new Otib, and it wasnt in a 'worse state' not sure where you got that from...!!

BB sorry to chip in there a moment. When us oldies talk about "Old OTIB" it was a completely different site which was closed down as it got hacked. :)

2 and a half years ago was just the beginning of the new Otib, and it wasnt in a 'worse state' not sure where you got that from...!!

I got it from the vibe of reading that thread, a lot of disgruntlement was there to be seen.

I thought to myself that it isn't as bad as what they were saying it was then, now.

When I mean 'state', I mean about the atmosphere, not the behind the scenes stuff (just in case anyone thought I meant that :) )

I got it from the vibe of reading that thread, a lot of disgruntlement was there to be seen.

I thought to myself that it isn't as bad as what they were saying it was then, now.

When I mean 'state', I mean about the atmosphere, not the behind the scenes stuff (just in case anyone thought I meant that :) )

Ah i see. I think I'm with you now :)

Archived