IGNORED

Cover Versions

RED4LIFE

I have just had the misfortune of hearing Beverley 'Bloody' Knight singing Take Another Piece Of My Heart.

Why why why, do people insist on butchering great old songs? Its not as if its karaoke, they actually expect you to pay them for their efforts!!

The list of really crap cover versions (Take Thats Light My Fire being a prime example-sorry Dolls) is far too big, and the list of good covers (Futureheads Hounds of Love) is far too small.

Does anybody agree, and if so, whats the worst and best of em, in your opinnion.

Sorry for ranting on a monday morning, but thats what they are there for!!

Best cover-All Along The Watchtower- Jimmy Hendrix (originally Bob Dylan)

Worst cover-Robson and Jerome-Youve Lost That Loving Feeling ( originally Righteous Brothers)

I have just had the misfortune of hearing Beverley 'Bloody' Knight singing Take Another Piece Of My Heart.

Why why why, do people insist on butchering great old songs? Its not as if its karaoke, they actually expect you to pay them for their efforts!!

The list of really crap cover versions (Take Thats Light My Fire being a prime example-sorry Dolls) is far too big, and the list of good covers (Futureheads Hounds of Love) is far too small.

Does anybody agree, and if so, whats the worst and best of em, in your opinnion.

Sorry for ranting on a monday morning, but thats what they are there for!!

Best cover-All Along The Watchtower- Jimmy Hendrix (originally Bob Dylan)

Worst cover-Robson and Jerome-Youve Lost That Loving Feeling ( originally Righteous Brothers)

Robson and Jerome? Ruddy Classic! I loved them solid gold cheese! :)

Worst- Westlife- Mandy :blink:

Best- Urm? I'll get back to you! I'm afraid cover versions are like sequals, never as good as the first one! xxx

Don't Look Back in Anger.

Classic Oasis savaged by the Wurzels.

The wurzels don't savage, they mirly recreate! :whistle: Please do not slate them too!!! First it was Robson and Jerome, Next Gareth Gates, Now the wurzels! Do you Guys just have no taste? :dunno: I can see you starting on East 17 next! Then You'll see my angry side! :@ xxxx

The wurzels don't savage, they mirly recreate! :whistle: Please do not slate them too!!! First it was Robson and Jerome, Next Gareth Gates, Now the wurzels! Do you Guys just have no taste? :dunno: I can see you starting on East 17 next! Then You'll see my angry side! :@ xxxx

East 17 were class Gems. Shame about Brian Harveys accident. Hope the car wasn't too badly damaged.

East 17 were class Gems. Shame about Brian Harveys accident. Hope the car wasn't too badly damaged.

Was it just me, or did that all seem a little strange? Didnt he run over his OWN leg?? :doh: I don't quite understand! But have herd they may be following on in the take that route and planning a reunion tour! You can count me in!! xxx

Marilyn Manson's version of Sweet Dreams are Made of These. :wub: far better than the original!

Bad covers would be..anything by girls aloud, westlife, atomic kitten etc! Heard some italian tenor doing a version of Keane's Bedshaped the other day on an advert.. it was awful!! :doh:

Was it just me, or did that all seem a little strange? Didnt he run over his OWN leg?? :doh: I don't quite understand! But have herd they may be following on in the take that route and planning a reunion tour! You can count me in!! xxx

Not being funny here Gems but he actually ran over his leg and his own head !!. I'm all for Yoga but there is a time and a place.

Are you being serious? (oh, no dumb blonde moment, I can feel it!! :doh: ) Did he really run over his head? :dunno: xxx

Absolutely serious. He was in hospital with life threatening head injuries. They say he was reversing with the door open and fell out !!!! Like you, I agree it seems all very strange. I detect maybe some sort of mind altering substance may have been involved.

Absolutely serious. He was in hospital with life threatening head injuries. They say he was reversing with the door open and fell out !!!! Like you, I agree it seems all very strange. I detect maybe some sort of mind altering substance may have been involved.

Definatly! I mean, you shouldnt laugh, but it is ruddy funny! :rofl2br: I mean, how the hell do you fall out and then fall under the wheel! Oh dear, how the mind boggles! :doh: xxx

Archived