IGNORED

If You Could've Choosen Your Religion...

tommy doc

religions  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seeing as there wasn't a religion that proclaimed the good news ''you're not as stupid as you like to think you are so put a bit of faith in yourself to make your own way through life and do try to enjoy the ride'' I opted for Buddism.

man your history is so bad if you wanna be jewish!

also it depends how keen you are on having someone take scissors to your...uh...to you.

ok, a modern day jew not a 1940's jew in eastern europe, but i guess i wouldn't want my todger seen to with some scissors

Jeremy Clarkson is a Jedi.

Just thought you'd like to know. you probably didn't but never mind.

what does being a jedi involve exactly?

also, i recently read "the world according to clarkson," and it was crap

Sorry. You have 'Christianity'....can we have a clearer definition?

Hail Mary etc ;)

christianity-going to a big building at least once a week to tell "god" (some "greater being" who lives in a place you can only go when your dead) that he's great and you love him and your sorry for even being born, then eating bits of wafer that you call god.

I hate to have a go Tommy Doc, but this is an even stranger poll than the oompa-loompa one that I did when I was pished!

that doesn't really sound like having a go to be honest, but as that was your intention, then i am suitably insulted

what does being a jedi involve exactly?

also, i recently read "the world according to clarkson," and it was crap

I have no idea what being a Jedi does to a person, but it is a recognised religion

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/2218456.stm

http://www.scaryplace.com/JediReligion.html

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa041601a.htm

i doubt that you get given a light-saber and travel all over the universe fighting Dark Lords, but these should explain things more clearly, although i don't see what there is to understand, it's just a load of Star Wars enthusiasts wanting to be a Jedi. I'm a Star Wars fan, but i aint that extreme.

I liked this quote from the first link:

'"Then you probably have 15,000 people who did it just to give the government a bit of curry," he said. '

Is that an Australian saying?

Anyway those reports make it sound to me as if the governments were just humouring people, patronising turds.

Guest DrFaustus

christianity-going to a big building at least once a week to tell "god" (some "greater being" who lives in a place you can only go when your dead) that he's great and you love him and your sorry for even being born, then eating bits of wafer that you call god.

You may just have insulted a vast amount of people who read this forum with that trite remark.

You may just have insulted a vast amount of people who read this forum with that trite remark.

freedom of speech and all that rubbish,

i'm a catholic, i don't take offence to anyone making jokes about it. (that is not a cue for everyone to go anti-catholic on me). because it's one's own opinion, if they don't believe in religion, then that's their own choice,

Perhaps, but you can't deny the truth of said, "trite remark."

Besides, i have beef with catholicism. What with being baptised into it without my permission, then forced to go to church for years, then indoctrinated by pompus RE teaching cretins at goddamn catholic schools. I doubt i'm the only one who feels this way.

Perhaps, but you can't deny the truth of said, "trite remark."

Besides, i have beef with catholicism. What with being baptised into it without my permission, then forced to go to church for years, then indoctrinated by pompus RE teaching cretins at goddamn catholic schools. I doubt i'm the only one who feels this way.

I too experianced a similar indoctrinational up bringing. I too have understandably rebelled against it. However, Christianity like any other human institution is not without fault, this does not mean to say that it is not true and I have met many highly highly intelligent people who have faith that it is.

Weather the truth behind the gospels has been tampered with for the use of social control is the big question for me. A lot of Christian ethic's, same as Buddist ethic's have had a major influence on my own philosophy/religion that is WTFism.

I believe that both the original JayC and my main man Buddah were 'enlightened' characters, one lived to a ripe old age as he went round spreading the word in India and the attitude of the folk there was ''Hey Man! :cool: , you 'know' brother!'' where as JayC went and mingled with the Roman's who were notoriously unchilled people and kinda took exception to him.

There is also the question that could life and the world really have come about by freak chance? and the 'ideal' in relation to the 'thing in itself' point that Plato, the facest coot used to rabbit on about back in the day. The design argument if you will.

Each man needs to decide for themselves wtfigo, I don't have absolute faith in an ultimate creater, neither do I have absolute faith that there isn't one, I'm not meaning to sit on the fence on this one, I just genuinely am unconvinced either way.

Guest bcfcjake

I too experianced a similar indoctrinational up bringing. I too have understandably rebelled against it. However, Christianity like any other human institution is not without fault, this does not mean to say that it is not true and I have met many highly highly intelligent people who have faith that it is.

Weather the truth behind the gospels has been tampered with for the use of social control is the big question for me. A lot of Christian ethic's, same as Buddist ethic's have had a major influence on my own philosophy/religion that is WTFism.

I believe that both the original JayC and my main man Buddah were 'enlightened' characters, one lived to a ripe old age as he went round spreading the word in India and the attitude of the folk there was ''Hey Man! :cool: , you 'know' brother!'' where as JayC went and mingled with the Roman's who were notoriously unchilled people and kinda took exception to him.

There is also the question that could life and the world really have come about by freak chance? and the 'ideal' in relation to the 'thing in itself' point that Plato, the facest coot used to rabbit on about back in the day. The design argument if you will.

Each man needs to decide for themselves wtfigo, I don't have absolute faith in an ultimate creater, neither do I have absolute faith that there isn't one, I'm not meaning to sit on the fence on this one, I just genuinely am unconvinced either way.

the good use of punctuality and vocab has led me to believe wtf has been on :Party12: :Party12: again

Don't worry Doc. If they're really Christians, they'll forgive him.

Happy Star Wars day to all the Jedi on here btw.

Archived