IGNORED

Stating The Obvious

Robbored

There have been numerous threads virtually all season reflecting how poor City`s performances have been along with opinions about players,tactics and formations.

As fans we are entitled to express our views but it occurs to me that no matter what is said on here, Wilson and the board are already aware that City are under performing and that they have been trying to address the problem all along - so far without much success.

They also know that an under performing team gives the unfaithfull,partime and fickle fan every reason not to turn up which in turn is reflected in gate reciepts.Less than 10000 yesterday must be worrying for Steve Landsdown.

My point being that other than allowing fans to express their anger and frustration this Forum serves little purpose in helping the managament/board turn things around.

If I were club Chairman I wouldn`t be reading the forum right now because I'd know exactly what was being written.

As fans we need to remain as supportive as we can in the knowledge that everything that can be done is being done in order to get it right on the pitch.Constantly slating the team achieves nothing.All it does it state the obvious.

They also know that an under performing team gives the unfaithfull,partime and fickle fan every reason not to turn up which in turn is reflected in gate reciepts.

what a crock of ######! Sorry but that really ######es me off.

If I had a full time job and lived in bristol I'd be there every game BUT not all of us can afford to pay to be disapointed. Also I don't think people want to take time out of thier time off to watch thier team disapoint them as they go downhill rapidly and continue to put in poor performances.

I'm basically getting fed up of hearing that some fans are fickkle when the fact is were not fickkle were just not going to take time and money and waste it on watching the one team we love fall apart.

With Spike on this one.

It is definately not head in the sand time for the board. If I was Mr Lansdown, Mr Sexstone et al I would be concerned. In my book we have two remainin home games that will sell themselves QPR and Plymouth (if we don't get a cup run). The rest will be totally dependant on the quality of football on display in order to get bums on seats.

I will give the PA bloke his due yesterday, fantastic effort to get the crowd going but the SPIN aint working. Let the manager and players do the talking the WWE hype will then not be necessary.

Spike - you're a bit touchy :Rage:  about that paragraph,but theres more to the thread than just that part - true though it is.

Yeah I know there is but its that paragraph that sums up what i keep seeing and I'm getting fed up of being summed up as a ficckle supporter.

I mean alot of people attend every game but how many of them sat in a Cardiff pub with a Bristol City shirt on and cheered City on as we beat cardiff last season?! Not many I bet!

I'm not a fickkle supporter and I don't like being put in that mould just because I cant attend games. :Rage:

It maybe stating the obvious, but there's little point in posting that we are playing well, because quite simply we are not.

Yet another false dawn this season in yesterday's performance after a reasonable performance against Southampton in the week. How many decent chances did we create yesterday, I can't think of too many despite having all of the ball in the 2nd half.

The caller on Radio Bristol after the game yesterday, summed it up quite nicely for me, in particualr his point that we never got in and behind Luton once. Every cross which came into the box came in from a deep position, which are easy for defenders to deal with.

I know DW has a duty to try and keep the players' confidence high but to continually come out and say we are playing well but just need a little bit of luck when plainly we aren't playing well, gets a tiny bit wearing after you've heard it a dozen times before this season

Guest frogred

Unfaithful & fickle or go & watch the gas, Seems to be the only rhetoric from the 'happy clappy's'.

People are voting with their feet because the product is poor, In the same way you would if service at a restaurant was poor. People don't believe and also are ######ed off with positive spin in negative circumstances, Wilson needs to stand up and accept he has got it very wrong so far this season and worst of all he has wasted money on 2 average signings.

I have nothing but sympathy & respect for SL & his board, They allowed a manager that they trust to invest money (hard earned money) in players that Wilson wanted (not players the chairman has signed behind the managers back).

Sorry Robbo, but you have missed the point completely.

This is a forum.  Not a place to use as some sort of happyclappy notice board to prop up the team, board or club- that is the job of the manager and board. Now THAT is stating the obvious.

No Cynic you've missed the point.

FORUM = To debate issues concerning BCFC.

It can be a place to "prop up the team, board and club" (whatever that means) or a place to let off steam about City's demise to 9th place in the league.

How many decent chances did we create yesterday, I can't think of too many despite having all of the ball in the 2nd half.

HTV highlights showed three where our player had a clear sight of goal when the ball arrived at his feet; they didn't show Leroy's chance to volley home in first-half injury time.

That should be enough to win any match and sure as eggs is eggs at least one of those chances would have been taken against us.

What we need is someone who will pull the trigger when he sees the whites of the enemy's eyes and/or someone who can show the strikers we have how to do so.

My point being that other than allowing fans to express their anger and frustration this Forum serves little purpose in helping the managament/board turn things around.

If I were club Chairman  I wouldn`t be reading the forum right now because I'd know exactly what was being written.

As fans we need to remain as supportive as we can in the knowledge that everything that can be done is being done in order to get it right on the pitch.Constantly slating the team achieves nothing.All it does it state the obvious.

Couldn't agree more Rob.

We have had a great season so far, yeah we have lost a vast amount of home points, as well as the odd few away, but what the hell, the boys are doing great.

Yes we should be as supportive as we can too. All this nonsense of paying hard earned cash to watch our boys (in my opinion) playing really really well, just doesn't wash with me.

And I totally agree with it being stating the obvious by actually having the cheek to come on this forum and slate a team that have reached the dizzy heights of 9th in this terribly hard division.

Right, I have to just pop out and order my 46 red tinted glasses in time for next season......want me to get you yours whilst I am there?

I like you will be waiting, and ready to pounce on the next 'part-time, fickle, no right to slate BCFC moron' that has the bare faced cheek to show his or her face on this forum. And I'll give 'em a piece of my mind.....mind you, it will be a hell of a struggle getting this tongue out of my cheek to do so.

Hope this post has given all the boys a lift.

Right, I have to just pop out and order my 46 red tinted glasses in time for next season......want me to get you yours whilst I am there?

Absolute class, funniest post I've read for weeks

So this rose tinted spec shop?

Is it anywhere near the Head up Arse Removal Clinic?

Judging from some of the replies to this thread it would seem that some people are so angry and frustrated by the on the pitch failings that they think that that nothing is being done behind the scenes at the club to get things right.

Anger is blind. :Rage:

Its not a case of rose tinted glasses - I'm as frustrated as the next fan that City are struggling to win a game - all I'm saying is that the management/board are just as aware of it as we are and slating the team (which is everyones right) serves no actual purpose other than to ease the anger of the individual poster.

I thought that was clear from the original thread. :Confused13:

Robbored, I agree that work is being done behind the scenes to correct what is goign wrong. I assume by your original posting that you also accept that things are not going well, so i can't understand why people are accusing you of saying things are going well.

I think as you say its frustration with the current lack of form.

I also have to say that Wilson isn;t helping matters by being ridiculously stubborn in certain places. He won't accept he's wrong despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary and I believe Frank Barlow is tearing his hair out in private.

If Wilson is prepared to bend a little i think the faults will be corrected faster.

Archived