IGNORED

Fao Gary J

Ian M

Why, in this thread can you not resist the chance to have a dig at MS

Replace "MS" with "GJ" and you'll sum up 99% of the threads on this forum.

I supported Tinnion when he was manager and I support Johnson now. Their desire to do well and commitment to the cause was and is obvious. My dislike for DW was based on the fact I did not see the same level of commitment. In fact, all I saw from him was complacency and a holier than thou attitude.

The same goes for MS and SP who seem to think they are owed something by this club. Their apologists offer nothing but a romaticised reference to their past and a blinkered view to the present. Their present and future are what counts. I see nothing from them in that area that BCFC can't get from others with more to prove.

GJ has got it right. Madge's stats speak volumes but some people can't see the wood for the trees. I have seen more long-term vision from a dragon fly than some on here. Get over yourselves. Get over your blind faith to unproven wasters and move on. Your schtick is old and tiresome and the more you are proven wrong by results, the more embarrassing your inability to applaud progress becomes. You are like the Japs who refuse to acknowledge the war is over.

Get real.

:city:

GJ has got it right. Madge's stats speak volumes but some people can't see the wood for the trees. I have seen more long-term vision from a dragon fly than some on here. Get over yourselves. Get over your blind faith to unproven wasters and move on. Your schtick is old and tiresome and the more you are proven wrong by results, the more embarrassing your inability to applaud progress becomes. You are like the Japs who refuse to acknowledge the war is over.

Get real.

Great post.

It astonishes me that the same fans who have bemoaned years of underachievement at this club because of a 'cosy club' image are now on Johnson's back for trying and thus far it would appear succeeding to get rid of it.

Where's the sense in that?

C+, room for improvement in my opinion.

Let's see how we start next season.

he gets an A* from me. Our beloved club was in a much worse state than GJ realised looking in from the outside. Credit to the man for taking it on and basically saving us from the drop.

There are lies,damn lies and statistics.

No matter which way you look at it Johnson has blown this season.Hopefully he'll get it right next season.

Hope this is tongue in cheek?

As you must be having a laugh!!!

This season was blown away, by GJ's predecessor - FACT !!!

Get over it rr, just give GJ praise for steering us clear of relegation & sorting out a mess that he inherited.

If that grenade has had the desired effect - then great.

This season was blown away, by GJ's predecessor - FACT !!!

Get over it rr, just give GJ praise for steering us clear of relegation & sorting out a mess that he inherited.

If that grenade has had the desired effect - then great.

What utter rubbish, yes the start was bad under tinnion, but to suggest that the season was already blown when GJ took over is ridiculous. After his second game in charge BCFC were 1 point behind Colchester Utd, who lay in 15th place (was thier season blown?) we were also one point behind barnsley 14th (was thier season blown?) IT WOULD APPEAR NOT, colchester are now forth and will move level on points with the automatic promotion place if they win thier game in hand, barnsley are one point and one place behind the play off positions. Why if they had one point more than us at the time, was our season blown, and thiers not?

Why could Colchester Utd and Barnsley make a run for promotion from an almost identicle position as BCFC with 80% of the season left? Why could we not?

The season was not blown, but a combination of things, largely GJ,s doings led to it being blown within a few months of his arrival. Since then he turned things around well, but they are the things he created in the first place.

"This season was blown away, by GJ's predecessor - FACT !!!"

So the season was lost with 37 games and 111 points still available?

Surely you don't believe that Richie.

It wasn't wasted in terms of points, but the fact that we had no consistent first team, inadequate players in several positions, no direct replacement for Leroy Lita, players out drinking and fighting in town showing little respect for club or manager, and a manager who thought "Look me in the eye" was a good management technique suggests to me that we were going nowhere.

I wanted Tinnion to succeed but his list of faults was very long indeed. Johnson's not perfect but he has a better understanding of the job than Tins did.

There are lies,damn lies and statistics.

No matter which way you look at it Johnson has blown this season.Hopefully he'll get it right next season.

There were five losses in the 9 prior to GJ's granade.

With this and the town incident i don't think it was GJ who "blew" this season...... it was the players.

What utter rubbish, yes the start was bad under tinnion, but to suggest that the season was already blown when GJ took over is ridiculous. After his second game in charge BCFC were 1 point behind Colchester Utd, who lay in 15th place (was thier season blown?) we were also one point behind barnsley 14th (was thier season blown?) IT WOULD APPEAR NOT, colchester are now forth and will move level on points with the automatic promotion place if they win thier game in hand, barnsley are one point and one place behind the play off positions. Why if they had one point more than us at the time, was our season blown, and thiers not?

Why could Colchester Utd and Barnsley make a run for promotion from an almost identicle position as BCFC with 80% of the season left? Why could we not?

The season was not blown, but a combination of things, largely GJ,s doings led to it being blown within a few months of his arrival. Since then he turned things around well, but they are the things he created in the first place.

.... did Colchester and Barnsley start from a position of a team that had just been beaten 7-1, a wage bill among the highest in the division but with performances amongst the lowest and a culture of big reputations and poor performances (except in nightclubs where they excelled) that had plauged them for years? Ahhhh -no.

It is *absurd* to keep stating it's GJ's fault we didnt go up when he inherited a club on such a frightening decline. I am *amazed* people still want to blame him for division 1 football this season. One big mouth who likes to be centre of forum attention is perhaps understandable - but there appears to be more support on this view, from reading the above.

I've a bit of a think, and believe it's down to three crucial factors:

1. Let's face it, there's not much else to talk about right now (we're not going down, we're not going up, gas are staying down and there's not much on telly) - so why not have an argument?

2. I think that a sizable minority are soo loyal to Marcus Stewart, and soo convinced he walks on water that no matter *what* MS does in our first team, our reserve team, PNE's team or the woman's team - they will *alway###### resent the manager for not picking him. So any opportunity to criticise GJ will be taken. No matter how daft. And anything MS does (or does not do, in this case) will be ignored.

3. Magic Mushrooms.

.... did Colchester and Barnsley start from a position of a team that had just been beaten 7-1, a wage bill among the highest in the division but with performances amongst the lowest and a culture of big reputations and poor performances (except in nightclubs where they excelled) that had plauged them for years? Ahhhh -no.

It is *absurd* to keep stating it's GJ's fault we didnt go up when he inherited a club on such a frightening decline. I am *amazed* people still want to blame him for division 1 football this season. One big mouth who likes to be centre of forum attention is perhaps understandable - but there appears to be more support on this view, from reading the above.

1. Let's face it, there's not much else to talk about right now (we're not going down, we're not going up, gas are staying down and there's not much on telly) - so why not have an argument?

2. I think that a sizable minority are soo loyal to Marcus Stewart, and soo convinced he walks on water that no matter *what* MS does in our first team, our reserve team, PNE's team or the woman's team - they will *alway###### resent the manager for not picking him. So any opportunity to criticise GJ will be taken. No matter how daft. And anything MS does (or does not do, in this case) will be ignored.

3. Magic Mushrooms.

(A)It is *absurd* to keep stating it's GJ's fault we didnt go up when he inherited a club on such a frightening decline. I am *amazed* people still want to blame him for division 1 football this season. One big mouth who likes to be centre of forum attention is perhaps understandable - but there appears to be more support on this view, from reading the above.

3. Magic Mushrooms.

Point (a) Not just one 'big mouth' it seems..

Point(1) The Johnson debate has been ongoing since the 'hand-grenade' incident.

Point(2)You are missing the point.Johnson could not explain why,in footballing terms he refused to play Stewart.Savage a better striker than Stewart? - :rofl2br: Johnson has a personal issue with Stewart which he should not have allowed to cloud his footballing judgement.

Point(3) I don't do drugs...

NO THEY DIDNT! NOR DID WE, WE HAD JUST BEATEN BRENTFORD AWAY (a team who are now second) AND BARNSLEY AT HOME (a team who are seventh), so we started with a team at this point in the season who had won there last two games, one of which was against barnsley.

?????

magic mushrooms anyone?

NO THEY DIDNT! NOR DID WE, WE HAD JUST BEATEN BRENTFORD AWAY (a team who are now second) AND BARNSLEY AT HOME (a team who are seventh), so we started with a team at this point in the season who had won there last two games, one of which was against barnsley.

?????

magic mushrooms anyone?

Wish there were as then people would calm down a bit and stop SHOUTING :laugh:

Point (a) Not just one 'big mouth' it seems..

Point(1) The Johnson debate has been ongoing since the 'hand-grenade' incident.

Point(2)You are missing the point.Johnson could not explain why,in footballing terms he refused to play Stewart.Savage a better striker than Stewart? - :rofl2br: Johnson has a personal issue with Stewart which he should not have allowed to cloud his footballing judgement.

Point(3) I don't do drugs...

Point(1) and it was more relevant when we were losing games, in the relegation zone and times we exciting. Now argument has been won by results.

Point(2) - I think Savage has an all-round contribution similar to Stewart - so he doesnt have to explain much to me.

Neither score goals (Savage less than Stewart - but at least Savage trying and failing is funny, whilst Stewart trying and failing *and* picking up 5 grand a week is certainly not), both play too far away from their strike partner (Stewart worse than Bas in this respect), neither can win a header, Stewart can pass a ball better, but Savage can hold up a ball batter, and both can bring others into play - but Savage does so more often as the ball sticks to him better than with Stewart. Both are slow too, and neither ever really look like scoring.

Rename Marus Stewart with the name "Bob Smith" - take away his history and reputation - and i just see a slow, overpaid, ineffective league 1 journeyman. And everyone without exception would agree.

Point(3) If rational argument won't change your views then maybe chemical enlightenment would!

I'm sure the reason he doesn't get picked is based on his ability, I mean what's he ever done in his career.

Johnson heard a few home truths during the famous hand grenade incident and the pair of them aren't man enough to put their differences to one side for the good of Bcfc.

One thing I will say about GJ, he is very good at handling the lesser known players and getting the best out of them, which is marvellous at this level. If and it's a huge if, we ever get out of this poxy division one day he will have to find it in himself to be able to manage some bigger characters with bigger egos, something he is very poor at.

This Stewart being crap nonsense is boring. Micheal Bridges should have been the one to have stayed though, that was a complete and utter ###### up by Lansdown and Johnson.

Well said Screech. Letting Bridges go was a very bad move. Stewart should have been the one to go.

After 7 games ? And that constitutes FACT ?

I don't think so mate.

Rock bottom - FACT

MATE.

Team in tatters - freefall & heading for Gasland - FACT

MATE.

I supported Tinnion when he was manager and I support Johnson now. Their desire to do well and commitment to the cause was and is obvious. My dislike for DW was based on the fact I did not see the same level of commitment. In fact, all I saw from him was complacency and a holier than thou attitude.

The same goes for MS and SP who seem to think they are owed something by this club. Their apologists offer nothing but a romaticised reference to their past and a blinkered view to the present. Their present and future are what counts. I see nothing from them in that area that BCFC can't get from others with more to prove.

Get real.

Apart from the BT bit, a very well put thread.

As I have said, I can't see how anyone can blame GJ for making it such a poor season.

We are on the up.

GJ had some tough decisions & some players didn't like his style - so with Madgers statistics firmly in place, we can move forward.

:pray:

Archived