IGNORED

Bring Back Phillips

mightyreds89

I agree that now is the time to give Philips a chance. He now realises he is not automatic choice. If he wants to stay at the club he needs the opportunity to prove that he should be the No.1. He cant prove that without being given the chance.

Or perhaps he could not care anymore as he knows GJ want to ship him out

Basso and Abbey next season. Christ what a prospect !!!!!!!!!

Granted he was at fault for the goal yesterday, but Basso has been part of a very good defence, he has kept a few clean sheets and is there on merit. To be honest if we had lost i'm sure Phillips would have been restored. His catching is good, kicking wayward but getting better, maybe if Phillips had accepted competition, honestly and not reacted the way he has, maybe he would have been back sooner.

The following players supported Everton yet ended up legends with Liverpool

Ian Rush

Robbie Fowler

Michael Owen

Steve McManaman

So whether Steve phillips supported the Gas as a kid has nothing to do with it.

And whilst this poxy word FACT keeps floating around on this subject i'll throw one in myself

Steve phillips is the better of the two keepers FACT !

He and his family are all Sags too" :blink:

Lets say that you have been misinformed as the Steve Phillipps who played for Norton Hill School and Bristol City supported "BRISTOL CITY" along with his family!

That is correct, to say him and his family are rovers fans, is just someone making up rubbish!

The following players supported Everton yet ended up legends with Liverpool

Ian Rush

Robbie Fowler

Michael Owen

Steve McManaman

So whether Steve phillips supported the Gas as a kid has nothing to do with it.

And whilst this poxy word FACT keeps floating around on this subject i'll throw one in myself

Steve phillips is the better of the two keepers FACT !

bs

The future does look bleak with them as number 1 & 2 in goal. :crying:

It won't be Basso and Abbey as our two 'keepers next season.

Another should be on his way...

No its fact

Attribute per attribute Phillips is the better of the two.

It's not fact at all.

Don't you remember the last home game Phillips started? He made a clanger that was much worse than Basso's yesterday. A gentle nothing shot that parried off his chest and led to a goal for the opposition.

Phillips has had a very poor season and if he actually had the guts to admit that and stop whinging and bemoaning the fact he's not in the team then he may have won his place back.

As it stands though he has no future at AG.

It's his attitude and body language that have spoilt it for him

He is a quality keeper who at one time I'm surprised didnt get a move up the league but the way he's reacted to Basso has been a real negative .

On the other end of the spectrum you got Basso and Fontaine high fiving after a particulary good block

It's not fact at all.

Don't you remember the last home game Phillips started? He made a clanger that was much worse than Basso's yesterday. A gentle nothing shot that parried off his chest and led to a goal for the opposition.

Phillips has had a very poor season and if he actually had the guts to admit that and stop whinging and bemoaning the fact he's not in the team then he may have won his place back.

Right so you are saying the last mistake Phillips made affects his attributes compared to Basso's does it ??

ok then :yawn:

It's not fact at all.

Phillips was playing behind a shocking defence that changed every single game and had far far more work to do than Basso.

You point out one goal that Phillips gave away, and it was indeed a very bad performance. However Basso's now given away two goals and been lucky not to have been punished on several more occasions for silly errors and poor kicks.

Basso is better in the air, and distributes quickly with a throw more often. However he's erratic and kicks terribly.

Were it not for Phillips' crap attitude towards being dropped he'd have to have been recalled by now I think.

Please please please GJ bring back Steve Yes he has his faults but not as many as Basso....

I just cant understand people rating basso as much as they do he has been at fault for laods of goals!

i havent read through this post but wanted to add my thought...

basso is cack! how many more goals is he going to cost us before gary relieses??

i will say he made a great save towards the end tipping the ball over, but he is just prone to making to many mistakes!!!

Basso looked very shaky yesterday, but Steve Phillips has made the same sort of mistakes in his career.

Basso has different qualities to Steve Phillips-he stands up tall to strikers (phillips doesn't), he has a better throw out than Phillips and delivers it quickly. Phillips is probably a better shot stopper, but they both get beaten from long range too much.

I think Basso just needs to work on his communication with the defence and his kicking.

Phillips was playing behind a shocking defence that changed every single game and had far far more work to do than Basso.

You point out one goal that Phillips gave away, and it was indeed a very bad performance. However Basso's now given away two goals and been lucky not to have been punished on several more occasions for silly errors and poor kicks.

Basso is better in the air, and distributes quickly with a throw more often. However he's erratic and kicks terribly.

Were it not for Phillips' crap attitude towards being dropped he'd have to have been recalled by now I think.

Away at Gillingham Phillips let a pee-roller in from 35 yards as well, I'm not just talking about the start of the season - Phillips has blown the opportunities he's had in the last few months.

Jesus - I'm a Phillips FAN! I've backed him to the hill on here before but frankly his attitude this season has stunk and I don't see why it should be tolerated by Johnson or anyone at BCFC for that matter.

On current form I do not believe Phillips is playing any better than Basso. For the mistakes Basso has made he has usually redeemed himself which has gone for Phillips too.

Ultimately though, I care not, and am looking forward to welcoming our new 'keeper in the summer. :ph34r:

Phillips though, big shame, threw his toys out the pram, admitted after Xmas that his reaction to being dropped had been poor, then unbelievably threw a wobbly again showing that he had learnt jack.

Away at Gillingham Phillips let a pee-roller in from 35 yards as well, I'm not just talking about the start of the season - Phillips has blown the opportunities he's had in the last few months.

Jesus - I'm a Phillips FAN! I've backed him to the hill on here before but frankly his attitude this season has stunk and I don't see why it should be tolerated by Johnson or anyone at BCFC for that matter.

On current form I do not believe Phillips is playing any better than Basso. For the mistakes Basso has made he has usually redeemed himself which has gone for Phillips too.

Ultimately though, I care not, and am looking forward to welcoming our new 'keeper in the summer. :ph34r:

Phillips though, big shame, threw his toys out the pram, admitted after Xmas that his reaction to being dropped had been poor, then unbelievably threw a wobbly again showing that he had learnt jack.

Good grief! Phatwill and I actually agree on something......

Archived