IGNORED

These Arent Concrete Facts,

Jimmy

I havent created a post on here from quite a while, infact I even had a self imposed exile not so long ago when, to be honest, the only thing worth visiting was the 'non-football forum'.

Quite simply I fail to see how people can continually bicker too and frow over things which are evidently clear cut.

First of all the Bridges situation. Bridges is a class act who should be playing Championship football and still, in my opinion, has the potential to return to the lowel regions of the Premiership. This was never more clear than when he single handidly tore MK Dons to shreads. Bridges is the best player ive seen play at the Gate (for Bristol City) in at least 5 years. The extent to which he single handidly controlled that game was staggering and I would suggest, that even before the Swansea debacle, the sun was very much setting on Tinnions tenure when he failed to use Bridges in a play-maker role behind the front two.

Johnson made a decision. From where my understanding lies Bridges was to be offered a new contract based on appearences this season. I'm certainly not presenting that as fact, but that is the opinion I hold based on things that I have read/heard. Using that as our base knowledge, quite clearly presuming because of wages, preceived fitness levels, atttitude etc, he did not feature in Johnsons plans for the team. Despite the above testimony I stand behind the decision of a manger and chairman who correctly viewed the appointment of Gary Johnson as the dawning of a new era and the beginning of an uprooting of the unfortunate culture that has been the backdrop of Bristol City for far too many years.

Bridges Is an incredibly gifted and talented player, I would love him to be running out for Bristol City at every opportunity. However in the grand scheme of things, quite simply, as applies to Marcus Stewart, if he's not in the managers plans then there is little reason to keep him on the playing staff.

In regards to Marcus Stewart, once again I am disappointed by the way that his time at the club panned out. It has to be said though that he failed to significantly perform for us during the season as a whole. Once again he is a player who, very much like Bridges, is extremely talented. However there are overriding factors that render this fact irrelevant. If we are to believe, as we surely do, that the dressing room confrontation did infact occur between those involved then that day sealed the fate of the relationship between Marcus Stewart and this club. We can only assume that no apology was forthcoming from Stewart, as long as an apology was absent Marcus Stewart was not going to feature for this club. Its frustrating, we all wanted the fairytale, hands up - I felt this was the year; based on the fact that even though I still very much had resevations about Tinnion, Bridges and Stewart where quite possibly the best 2 players in the division, we had our new Shaun Taylor and all those kids that were drafted into the first team for one reason or another last year would be ready to make telling impacts.

From what I hear of Stewart at PNE he is playing well. I'm pleased for him. I certainly don't hold ill feeling toward him, I wish him all the best. The simple fact of the matter is that as soon as that argument took place their were only 3 potential scenarios (presuming he didnt apologise); he sat on the bench, he left the club or Johnson left the club.

I don't think Johnson was unprofessional regarding his {Stewarts} 'loan' at Preston. Some suggested it would have been preferential for him to speak what is all but fact, I'm not so sure. Some of my most recent infuriating experiences with this club have come from outspoken managers comments regarding the playing staff ('I blame myself for picking them' etc.) I'm not happy with the way Johnson handled it but I'm certainly far from unhappy. They had an argument, its unfortunate, it happened, get over it.

Cliche Police alert - 'The proof is in the pudding', we've lost 4 of our last 20 games. I was disappointed with the 'Hand Grenade' incident, I felt it could have been handled better. It did seem at the time that we were inviting defeats, however these can now be referred to as the sacrificial lambs. That run hurt, it was embarrasing, it was far from fun. However the form table now states that we are heading in the right direction, that is a fact, it is one that cannot be contested and whatever your feelings are regarding Johnson the man, he is taking this club in the right direction.

We were going nowhere fast under Tinnion, we are going places with Johnson. The water was certainly choppy, but I fail to see how anyone can suggest that he isnt doing good at this club. I'm sure it wont be plain sailing all the way but facts do speak for themselves, sure they can be manipulated but in order for them to be manipulated they must be presented by someone with an agenda.

The facts tell us that losing 7 league games on the trot severely compromised our season. It is wrong to imply it ruined our season, after all the only way that conclusion can be drawn is to achknowledge the way in which Johnson got the best out of the players on his arrival. There was certainly no evidence to suggest we were promotion bound before his arrival.

The facts tell us that since our atrocious run we are 3rd in the form table.

I believe in Johnson, he will do a damn good job for this club and I wouldnt be surprised if, with the right accusitions in the summer, he did it next season. I have questioned some of Johnsons decisions, but how anyone can continue to put negative spin on the path this club currently finds itself on is beyond me. Whatever the rights and wrongs Bridges and Stewart ('loan') don't represent this club any more, in an ideal world we would have those players still representing this club and be in our current form. Faced with a choice between the 2, I know which id take.

NB. Apologies for the length, Congrats if you get to the end.

I havent created a post on here from quite a while, infact I even had a self imposed exile not so long ago when, to be honest, the only thing worth visiting was the 'non-football forum'.

Quite simply I fail to see how people can continually bicker too and frow over things which are evidently clear cut.

First of all the Bridges situation. Bridges is a class act who should be playing Championship football and still, in my opinion, has the potential to return to the lowel regions of the Premiership. This was never more clear than when he single handidly tore MK Dons to shreads. Bridges is the best player ive seen play at the Gate (for Bristol City) in at least 5 years. The extent to which he single handidly controlled that game was staggering and I would suggest, that even before the Swansea debacle, the sun was very much setting on Tinnions tenure when he failed to use Bridges in a play-maker role behind the front two.

Johnson made a decision. From where my understanding lies Bridges was to be offered a new contract based on appearences this season. I'm certainly not presenting that as fact, but that is the opinion I hold based on things that I have read/heard. Using that as our base knowledge, quite clearly presuming because of wages, preceived fitness levels, atttitude etc, he did not feature in Johnsons plans for the team. Despite the above testimony I stand behind the decision of a manger and chairman who correctly viewed the appointment of Gary Johnson as the dawning of a new era and the beginning of an uprooting of the unfortunate culture that has been the backdrop of Bristol City for far too many years.

Bridges Is an incredibly gifted and talented player, I would love him to be running out for Bristol City at every opportunity. However in the grand scheme of things, quite simply, as applies to Marcus Stewart, if he's not in the managers plans then there is little reason to keep him on the playing staff.

In regards to Marcus Stewart, once again I am disappointed by the way that his time at the club panned out. It has to be said though that he failed to significantly perform for us during the season as a whole. Once again he is a player who, very much like Bridges, is extremely talented. However there are overriding factors that render this fact irrelevant. If we are to believe, as we surely do, that the dressing room confrontation did infact occur between those involved then that day sealed the fate of the relationship between Marcus Stewart and this club. We can only assume that no apology was forthcoming from Stewart, as long as an apology was absent Marcus Stewart was not going to feature for this club. Its frustrating, we all wanted the fairytale, hands up - I felt this was the year; based on the fact that even though I still very much had resevations about Tinnion, Bridges and Stewart where quite possibly the best 2 players in the division, we had our new Shaun Taylor and all those kids that were drafted into the first team for one reason or another last year would be ready to make telling impacts.

From what I hear of Stewart at PNE he is playing well. I'm pleased for him. I certainly don't hold ill feeling toward him, I wish him all the best. The simple fact of the matter is that as soon as that argument took place their were only 3 potential scenarios (presuming he didnt apologise); he sat on the bench, he left the club or Johnson left the club.

I don't think Johnson was unprofessional regarding his {Stewarts} 'loan' at Preston. Some suggested it would have been preferential for him to speak what is all but fact, I'm not so sure. Some of my most recent infuriating experiences with this club have come from outspoken managers comments regarding the playing staff ('I blame myself for picking them' etc.) I'm not happy with the way Johnson handled it but I'm certainly far from unhappy. They had an argument, its unfortunate, it happened, get over it.

Cliche Police alert - 'The proof is in the pudding', we've lost 4 of our last 20 games. I was disappointed with the 'Hand Grenade' incident, I felt it could have been handled better. It did seem at the time that we were inviting defeats, however these can now be referred to as the sacrificial lambs. That run hurt, it was embarrasing, it was far from fun. However the form table now states that we are heading in the right direction, that is a fact, it is one that cannot be contested and whatever your feelings are regarding Johnson the man, he is taking this club in the right direction.

We were going nowhere fast under Tinnion, we are going places with Johnson. The water was certainly choppy, but I fail to see how anyone can suggest that he isnt doing good at this club. I'm sure it wont be plain sailing all the way but facts do speak for themselves, sure they can be manipulated but in order for them to be manipulated they must be presented by someone with an agenda.

The facts tell us that losing 7 league games on the trot severely compromised our season. It is wrong to imply it ruined our season, after all the only way that conclusion can be drawn is to achknowledge the way in which Johnson got the best out of the players on his arrival. There was certainly no evidence to suggest we were promotion bound before his arrival.

I believe in Johnson, he will do a damn good job for this club and I wouldnt be surprised if, with the right accusitions in the summer, he did it next season. I have questioned some of Johnsons decisions, but how anyone can continue to put negative spin on the path this club currently finds itself on is beyond me. Whatever the rights and wrongs Bridges and Stewart ('loan') don't represent this club any more, in an ideal world we would have those players still representing this club and be in our current form. Faced with a choice between the 2, I know which id take.

Blimey that was a good read, nice post mate, and guess what?...Agree with the lot, nice one

• Admin

Excellent post Jimmy (not that this is any surprise coming from you.....I'll sort out the room later! :laugh:)

re: the Stewart situation: all anyone has to do is put it in context. If any of us said to our superiors at our workplaces what Stewart's own supporters claim he said during the "dressing room incident", would we honestly expect to stay in employment?

re: Johnson: ok Johnson got it wrong during the 9 game run, but the evidence suggests that since then he is obviously doing something right. Why continue to lambast him for the wrongs he did at the start of his time here. In the present he is doing well and as long as that continues, more power to his elbow I say.

It doesn't mater how its dressed up Johnson blew this season - end of.He took over with 37 games to go,plenty of time to turn things around.He is now using pretty much the same players that he inherited and therefore the arguement about having a weak squad is not valid.

The Stewart situation was handled dreadfully by Johnson.He wanted Stewart out from the moment Stewart stood upto him during the dressing room bust-up.In other words he left MS out of the team because of a personal issue and not for footballing reasons.Johnson chose to play Savage ahead of him - how can that be explained? Savage a better striker than Stewart? - come on!!! What a disgrace.

I appreciate that Stewart didn't play that well when he did start but he facts are that the whole team was struggling at the start of the season - not just Stewart.

Stewart would have joined QPR during the January window but the deal was stopped because a fans backlash was feared and thats the only reason Johnson tolerated Stewart on the bench - so that he could say that MS was 'in the squad' when confronted about the issue.The fact is that Stewart was training with the academy and not the first team squad before he left for PNE.

I've said many times that Johnson will start next season with a clean slate as far as I'm concerned but I won't forget the way he's treated certain players this season.

It doesn't mater how its dressed up Johnson blew this season - end of.

Sorry, but I can't let you get away with saying that twice. As I've said before - you never learn. Copied response from an earlier thread for your benefit:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How obnoxious.

Of course there are other ways of looking at Johnson's tenure, indeed I'm condfident that the majority of City fans would agree that the positives that have been achieved by Johnson thus far outweigh any negatives that out continually dwelled upon by a) those love-sick for Tinnion and b) Stewart's close family and friends, dogs mates etc

You're entitled to your opinion which you never explain particularly well and continue to be a hypocrite of the highest order - but don't start your opinion with 'no matter' when there is an equally, if not stronger arguement the other way.

Just face it Robbo - this is no dig but one suspects that you can't face up to the fact that Tinnion has gone and in his place we are in possession of an ambitious manager with great potential who has identified the problems with BCFC (as Tinnion also spotted to his credit) but the difference being Johnson knows how to fix these problems and has made an excellent start in dealing with those problems already.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the above was in response to this:

'No matter which way you look at it Johnson has blown this season.'

Sorry, but I can't let you get away with saying that twice. As I've said before - you never learn. Copied response from an earlier thread for your benefit:

How obnoxious.

Of course there are other ways of looking at Johnson's tenure, indeed I'm condfident that the majority of City fans would agree that the positives that have been achieved by Johnson thus far outweigh any negatives that out continually dwelled upon by a) those love-sick for Tinnion and b) Stewart's close family and friends, dogs mates etc

You're entitled to your opinion which you never explain particularly well and continue to be a hypocrite of the highest order - but don't start your opinion with 'no matter' when there is an equally, if not stronger arguement the other way.

Just face it Robbo - this is no dig but one suspects that you can't face up to the fact that Tinnion has gone and in his place we are in possession of an ambitious manager with great potential who has identified the problems with BCFC (as Tinnion also spotted to his credit) but the difference being Johnson knows how to fix these problems and has made an excellent start in dealing with those problems already.

Will, Ive posted several times that I was neither a fan nor a critic of Tinnion.You repeatedly refuse to acknowledge that.I challenge you again to find a post of mine where I praise Tinnion.

I won't forget the way he's treated certain players this season.

You seem to have forgotten or completely ignored the way in which Tinnion treated a certain Bristolian ex-City captain or an ex-City Bristolian central defender... :dunno:

Will, Ive posted several times that I was neither a fan nor a critic of Tinnion.You repeatedly refuse to acknowledge that.I challenge you again to find a post of mine where I praise Tinnion.

You jumped to his defence on more than a few occassions.

It doesn't mater how its dressed up Johnson blew this season - end of.He took over with 37 games to go,plenty of time to turn things around.

What did he blow exactly?

What was their to blow?

There was nothing in place to indicate we were heading for promotion. We took 6 points from our first 7 games, losing to Bournemouth, scraping a point vs MK Dons due to the Bridges show and were exposed to what is probably the most embarrasing defeat ive experienced as a fan of this club.

Unless you are openly admitiding that Johnson is a far superior manager to Tinnion, as I assume you are because you have no grounds to suggest we were promotion bound when Tinnions reign came to an end, then I fail to see which of your legs you have to stand on.

The Stewart situation was handled dreadfully by Johnson.He wanted Stewart out from the moment Stewart stood upto him during the dressing room bust-up.In other words he left MS out of the team because of a personal issue and not for footballing reasons.Johnson chose to play Savage ahead of him - how can that be explained? Savage a better striker than Stewart? - come on!!! What a disgrace.

Surely Madgers point above explains all.

Is it not safe to assume that Stewart would hardly be giving it his all, why would you (as a manager) pick someone who you knew had no interest in playing for you. If you are to suggest that Stewart (and I sincerely don't mean this in a bad way on him) would have compensated through giving his all for the club and his own personal pride I am sceptical at best.

I appreciate that Stewart didn't play that well when he did start but he facts are that the whole team was struggling at the start of the season - not just Stewart.

The whole team isnt struggling now, i'm willing to sacrifice Stewarts appearences for that.

I won't forget the way he's treated certain players this season.

And Tinnions player relationship misgivings where cast aside because ........................................

Id like to think id made it quite clear in the original post that I have disagreed with some of Johnsons methods, however how can any of us now look at the way the team is performing on the pitch and view the apparent team ethos currently in place with pessimism tinted glasses.

Wish you'd post more often Jimmy, very well thought out and balanced stuff here. I hope that doesn't sound too patronising.

As long as its not meant in a patronising manner then we have no trouble here.

Do we have trouble here? :D

Cracking post mate. And i did get to the end :dance:

(1)What did he blow exactly?

What was their to blow?

(2)There was nothing in place to indicate we were heading for promotion. We took 6 points from our first 7 games, losing to Bournemouth, scraping a point vs MK Dons due to the Bridges show and were exposed to what is probably the most embarrasing defeat ive experienced as a fan of this club.

(3)Unless you are openly admitiding that Johnson is a far superior manager to Tinnion, as I assume you are because you have no grounds to suggest we were promotion bound when Tinnions reign came to an end, then I fail to see which of your legs you have to stand on.

Surely Madgers point above explains all.

(4)Is it not safe to assume that Stewart would hardly be giving it his all, why would you (as a manager) pick someone who you knew had no interest in playing for you. If you are to suggest that Stewart (and I sincerely don't mean this in a bad way on him) would have compensated through giving his all for the club and his own personal pride I am sceptical at best.

(5)The whole team isnt struggling now, i'm willing to sacrifice Stewarts appearences for that.

And Tinnions player relationship misgivings where cast aside because ........................................

Point (1) Promotion, or at least the play-offs. 37 games and 111 points.Johnson had the players, he's using most of them now.

Point(2) The defeat at Swansea was largely down to a very depleted squad.

Point(3)See point (1)

Point(4) No its not fair to make assumptions.If Stewart had been playing regularly and believed that the manager had faith in him then he would have given all he had.City would probably have a + goal difference if Stewart had been there instead of Savage.

Point (5) I believe that City's improved form would still have occured had MS been in the team - with more goals as well.

As for Tinnion and his handling of Coles and Doherty.It was well known that both of them had very serious attitude problems especially Doherty who was an awfull trainer and just wouldn't look after himself.Thats why he was often injured and coudn't last more than 60mins.He was just the same at QPR.

Coles was a serious boozer as his brush with law proved.Tinnion did well to get rid of them both and if I remeber rightly was applauded for doing so by the more balanced forum users.

Makes me laugh :)

Hell of a post Jimmy and i also read the lot.

But you state you don't like the confrontations and the bickering etc on the forum

Damn man you are pretty good at it though :laugh:

But in all seriousness your original post is a good one and one i agree with!

I challenge you to accept that morale/[revious training (or lack of) may affect player performances :rolleyes:

• Admin

The concerning thing for me is, Robbored is creating a 'if you wanted Tinnion to succeed you must hate Johnson'.

For the record, I wanted Tinnion to succeed, was sorry he didn't and I now want Johnson to succeed. I presume I'm not alone in that.

:dunno:

I challenge you to accept that morale/[revious training (or lack of) may affect player performances :rolleyes:

Sorry Ron. Yet another post of yours that I don't understand.Must be a generation thing.... :dunno:

:rofl2br:

You were on his testimonial committee as well, let's not forget... :laugh:

Utterly wrong....

Sorry Ron. Yet another post of yours that I don't understand.Must be a generation thing.... :dunno:

Or that I was playing FIFA 06 at the time aswell :blush:

What I mean is, no matter what you say, you never mention that just before the 9-match losing run, and just before the "Honeymoon period" which is found with most managers, there was a 7-1 defeat to Swansea & the morale of the team was at rock-bottom.

When I said almost exactly the same as this on Radio Bristol yesterday, I was thinking of you, seriously :laugh:

Utterly wrong....

Not so much 'utterly wrong' though am I Robbo?

I believe it would be fair to say you had close ties with someone on the committee and were you not involved in a quiz arranged for Tinnion's testimonial?? :whistle:

Even to the casual observer on this forum it can't be too hard to work out where you get your blinkered views from... :sweatingbullets:

The concerning thing for me is, Robbored is creating a 'if you wanted Tinnion to succeed you must hate Johnson'.

For the record, I wanted Tinnion to succeed, was sorry he didn't and I now want Johnson to succeed. I presume I'm not alone in that.

:dunno:

Ian, I respect you as a top poster but this is complete tosh.....

To me Bristol City is all that matters.Managers come and go as do players and Chairmen The fans are the one constant thing.I don't know how many managers I've seen since 1967 - I can't be arsed to work it out.

I want every manager to succeed.Sadly mostly all of them have failed and from what I've seen of Johnson so far his very basic managerial skills leave much to be desired.Like all City fans I hope he takes City into the Championship but at the moment I can't see it.

One thing is for sure - if he does lead City into the next division,he'll be another John Ward and his weaknesses will be exposed.From what I've seen so far Johnson lacks the sophistication to lead a side into the Premiership.

• Admin

Ian, I respect you as a top poster but this is complete tosh.....

To me Bristol City is all that matters.Managers come and go as do players and Chairmen The fans are the one constant thing.I don't know how many managers I've seen since 1967 - I can't be arsed to work it out.

I want every manager to succeed.Sadly mostly all of them have failed and from what I've seen of Johnson so far his very basic managerial skills leave much to be desired.Like all City fans I hope he takes City into the Championship but at the moment I can't see it.

What I meant was that the stance you are taking is creating a feeling amongst forumites that "if you wanted Tinnion to succeed you must hate Johnson".

Whether you meant this or not I am unable to say (not being you!) but as you are seen by many on this forum as Tinnion's greatest supporter I wanted to clear up that impression.

One thing is for sure - if he does lead City into the next division,he'll be another John Ward and his weaknesses will be exposed.From what I've seen so far Johnson lacks the sophistication to lead a side into the Premiership.

I am however saddened that you have now decided to give yourself proviso to criticise Johnson/not give him credit should he actually get promoted from this division in your final paragraph.

Could you clear up now what exactly Johnson will have to do to win you over as you have now made it clear that promotion through one division won't cut it for you. Would reaching the Premiership do or would he have to lead us to that title as well before you would begrudgingly accept he might have a smidgeon of ability?

I apologise if the above appears crass but given that none of our managers since '98 have managed to get us a promotion, I find it incredulous that you appear to be making a case to criticise the current one should he be the first to achieve it!

Archived