IGNORED

3-5-2 Or 4-4-2?

Guest Spike

Which formation would you prefer to see city playing?

the 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 formation?

I can remember when we first switched to 5-3-2 and people adventuly seemed to grow to it but for some reason I still don't like the formation and I'm happy with a 4-4-2...

but I'm still unconvinced on which of the two we should be playing..

whats your opinions? :(

I think our team is best accommodated in a 3-5-2 formation. Hasn't exactly produced the results so far, but I think the use of 3 centre backs and more width in midfield is the best way forward.

Starting line up for BPA:

.............Phillips

........Coles.....Butler....Hill

Roberts....Wilkshire..Burnell...Woodman

.......Leapy............Miller

Guest Lockerman
I think our team is best accommodated in a 3-5-2 formation.  Hasn't exactly produced the results so far, but I think the use of 3 centre backs and more width in midfield is the best way forward.

.............Phillips

I would change Butler for Carey, and possibly play with eleven players as this might also help, I can only assume that you meant to play Amankwaah. :(

I think our team is best accommodated in a 3-5-2 formation.  Hasn't exactly produced the results so far, but I think the use of 3 centre backs and more width in midfield is the best way forward.

.............Phillips

I presume Tinnion is probably the missing player from above. :Confused13:

Both have advantages and disadvantages.

4-4-2 - More solid defensively,but not so creative going forward.

3-5-2 - More exposed down the flanks defensively,but more creative going forward.

Thats why I reckon 4-4-2 away and 3-5- at home.People laughed when I suggested it, saying the players needed the same formation home and away.In fact Wilson played BOTH formations on Saturday.A team has to flexible to suite the type of game.

both systems have their advantages and disadvantages

But the squad we have suits 3,5,2 better for the following reasons...

1/ We have only got one winger nowadays, but have got several players who can play at wingback

2/ with 3 at the back we are able to play matt hill in his best position. (although Danny Coles doesnt seem as happy in a back 3)

3/ with 3 in central midfield we can play wilkshire AND tinnion in the middle alongside a destructive midfielder.

Until or unless we get another genuine winger, I think 3,5,2 is the way forward.

Certainly 3-5-2 at home. You have got to have ambition, but early on when DW played 4-4-2 with 2 defensive midfielders in the middle clearly was not ambitious.

As to away matches, 3-5-2 would be my choice unless you were against a quality team like Plymouth, QPR or Brighton. Then 4-4-2 or even 4-5-1 would be my choice.

Archived